• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 releasing DECEMBER 8, 2015

Kensuke

Maybe in another hour because UK. I dunno.
Plus doesn't our store update on Wednesdays?

They moved game launches to Tuesday. Maybe they noticed that people were buying it from the NA store instead. They've also done midnight launches for most digital games. On PS4 you even get to see a timer and everything. Maybe this being a PS3 games makes it an exception.

masteratt

If anyone vaguely connected to SCEE is reading this, please get your shit together.

You know in Steam if a game is coming out Tuesday I can pre-load days before and play it at 00:01?

SCEE didn't even bother to update the default template page for Yakuza 5 on EU PSN.

And the excuse of "but but but, we have so many regions / languages" is just not cutting it in this day and age. Many companies are running global stores. Sony / PlayStation is not some niche indie console run by limited resource. It's a huge market leading brand but is definitely not acting like it.

I'm not even betting on seeing this tomorrow. And if it doesn't happen, I'm sure SCEE will explain why we didn't get it (joking of course, they'll just ignore all the questions regarding it).

Yasumi

Banned
The game unlocks Midnight EST tonight.
Dunno about that.
Depends on your timezone, but it should be in 3.5 hours. I'm EST.
qr7J2dS.jpg

I hope it makes it out at midnight just so I can download it. I would play it but my brother has to go to work in the morning so I'll have to wait until he's back anyway.

BubbaMc

I don't know where the OT is but the game has been up in NZ and Aus for a while. Use search.

They STILL haven't applied the PS+ discount though, so you might want to wait for SCEE and/or Sega Europe to fix their stupid mistake.

Holy shit, you're right. Released!!!

$59.95AUD.

BubbaMc

"We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later."

Fuck.

There's been some talk of the U.S. version launching at 9 PM. However, when I examined the information section on the PS3 file itself, I found that it has a date of 12/8/15 @ 1:00 AM.

20151207_183250_zpsroimih6t.jpg

If people aren't able to play at 9 EST tonight, this might be why.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hang on, is the UK 'discount' really gonna be PS+ only? That sucks as my sub just lapsed last week and can't be arsed re-subbing before Christmas. Fuck, they've really found a way to sour me on the launch of this game at every turn. I would have pre-ordered months ago :/

Kensuke

Yeah, it's finally up in Europe. It's incredibly annoying they forgot to add the discount though. So now I can't buy it anyway without feeling like a fool. Let's hope we won't have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for them to fix this.

This isn't the first time the PS+ discount isn't there at first. This happens aaaalllll the time. Ugh.

Koshiro

Being in the UK I kinda just want to get the download started ASAP so I can rest assured that I can come home from work tomorrow and it'll be ready to go.Come on Sony...

deadfolk

Being in the UK I kinda just want to get the download started ASAP so I can rest assured that I can come home from work tomorrow and it'll be ready to go.Come on Sony...

Yeah, same here, but Ireland. And tomorrow is an evening I would actually have free time to play.

Top Bottom