• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yamcha got killed by a Saibaman -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
1340893483_ether-e1296908676217.gif

Oh my God, was I supposed to laugh or feel bad? Because I did both. The only time the guy was ever useful or wanted was when he was on a baseball team.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The thing is, Krillin started as Yamcha 2.0:

He was arrogant, he played dirty, he was a rival to goku and eventually became his bro.

The problem is, despite meeting Yamcha first, it was Krillin who became Goku's best bro, and thus Krillin became the one who would always be there no matter how out classed he was.

Krillin's death made Goku freak the fuck out and power up TWICE (once in DB, once in DBZ), not ONCE did Goku react like this to Yamcha dying.

Yamcha should have been the best bro, but Krillin did everything, not just fighting, better than him.

*Yamcha's story*

I came into this topic to laugh but now i just feel depressed. Poor Yamcha.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kami is suppose to be God, right?

But what does he actually do?

You never see the guy doing his day job. He just watches stuff happen and does a thing with the Dragon Balls every once on awhile.

Chariot

You never see the guy doing his day job. He just watches stuff happen and does a thing with the Dragon Balls every once on awhile.
Well, he isn't the christian god. And even if he were, the christian god isn't actually doing much since the new testament.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, he isn't the christian god. And even if he were, the christian god isn't actually doing much since the new testament.

Yeah but he's still God.

He should be doing SOMETHING. Heck if I know what it is.

NeonZ

He can observe anything that happens on Earth from his palace. But, yes, we pretty much never are told what he does usually, especially once you consider that the Dragonballs were only created by the Namekian god, and yet he was the successor of another (presumably human) god. So, the position itself existed before the Dragonballs.

Well, I guess he did one thing as god - rebuilding the moon after Roshi destroyed it.

Shauni

We talking about db? Wasnt she like 9? Eeeeww

Yeah, I'm going to assume he's talking about that Yamcha as Gohan's dad picture above, because there's no pedo story arc in DB unless it's manga only or something.

If you aint gaku or veggie you aint getting pushed

Psst, Vegeta is like a Ziggler or Ryback push. You're going to look good for a little while, and then you're going to fall, and fall hard.

Yeah, I'm going to assume he's talking about that Yamcha as Gohan's dad picture above, because there's no pedo story arc in DB unless it's manga only or something.

Psst, Vegeta is like a Ziggler or Ryback push. You're going to look good for a little while, and then you're going to fall, and fall hard.

Nah, he's the clear number two to John "Goku" Cena but he jobs like he's Dean Ambrose at a PPV.

I don't know if there's a wrestling equivalent to Vegeta.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Years pass and you become a baseball player. That one glorious period of fame and recognition is going to come to an end. You learn that Goku's dead and it's time for you and the others to take the lead.

Honestly, this is more glorious than it really was. Yamacha didn't see his time as a baseball player as glorious. He found it boring. He doesn't care about fame or money. His one true passion was fighting, which he ended up having to give up on after it became clear he could never keep up with any of his friends.

Servbot24

Banned
Oh my god. That post was an evisceration. That was probably the best thing I've read all day.

Two things I'd like to see in the new dragonball stuff:

1.) A vicious fight between 2 of the human fighters who should be kind of in the same universe in terms of their power level. Yamcha vs Krillin would be ideal. Whatever reason they dream up is fine.

2.) Yamcha winning something, anything, or even something that could be perceived as a victory, standing there with his weird mullet blowing in the wind.

Nooooo humiliate Yamcha

As Yamcha is laying in defeat, Vegeta will walk by and having also just been defeated, kicks Yamcha to the side

You live your entire life as a criminal in a desert. The only companionship you have a talking cat. One day, desperate for something of worth in your dirt-ridden existence, you try to rob a teenage girl, a pig, and a small boy. The small boy kicks your teeth out after seeing a girl makes you bashful and embarrassed, and peeping a titty makes you pass out.

When confronted with the possibility of having any wish granted by a magical dragon, your wish would be "I don't want to drop spaghetti while looking at a lady"

You then spend days creeping on these folks, watching for a way to achieve this lofty goal, you are forced to hit a little girl (one of your few [only?] victories) and then hit on her.

Eventually you are captured and saved only when the little kid turns into a giant monkey. The pig does more than you to save the day.

But it's okay, right? You finally got a girlfriend. Well, kind of. You don't really see each other that often.

You decide to show the world your stuff and enter into the Tenkaichi Budokai, the greatest martial arts tournament of all time. You are immediately eliminated in the quarter finals by an old man nobody's heard of before. You embarrass and humiliate yourself by insisting that it's a different old man in disguise before being proven a fool.

The next time you hear from Goku, he's taking on terrorist Nazis or some crazy shit. So you gear up to raid the Hydra base and... you're not needed at all. You get a sinking feeling in your heart, like this won't be getting old soon.

You help Goku fight the fortune teller's fighters. An invisible man beats you up and you barely win when your girlfriend's boobs are gawked at by an old man. You are then beaten up by a mummy.

But the Turtle Hermit, greatest living martial arts master, has taken you in. You'll do well in the next tournament!

Nope. The heel you challenged beats and destroys you in front of a crowd. You are helpless. Like a child. Your legs, broken. By the end of the tournament, the man who brutalized you is declared champion, but he decided to be "nice" now, so you have to pretend that it's okay and you're friends after he annihilated your pride for all to see.

A demon king attacks the world and you stay with the peanut gallery. The bad guy doesn't even bother to go after you despite specifically targeting martial artists. Jesus Christ.

Speaking of God, Goku is training with God now. You feel so very small and weak. M-maybe the next tournament.... ?

The next tournament sees you headbutted in the junk and defeated handily by a middle aged tourist. True, it's God in disguise, but still. Nobody knows that. Yamcha, the desert bandit. His tournament career ended by an old man. That's your public legacy.

(Also you have a scar for some reason, which is kind of pathetic considering that the children who underwent the same training didn't get maimed like you.)

Oh, and Goku gets married before you, and he doesn't even know what marriage is.

Years pass and you become a baseball player. That one glorious period of fame and recognition is going to come to an end. You learn that Goku's dead and it's time for you and the others to take the lead. Time to train under God himself to protect the Earth from deadly alie

nvm you died. krillin destroys several saibamen with a single attack, while you lie lifeless in the dirt. good try though. yajirobe and the five year old do more than you.

For the next few months you sit on a planet while King Kai teaches you jack shit.

You come back to life! Your girlfriend breaks up with you and immediately starts flirting with the guy who got you killed less than a year ago. His power is so strong and big compared to yours, flaccid and tiny. You can only stand around and cry when Frieza comes to Earth, and are filled with joy when he's defeated by a mysterious stranger from the future who gives you a dire warning that you're going to fail in another timeline as well.

After three years of training your ex hooks up with the evil spaceman and they make a baby, who you have to help change the diapers of whenever you swing by

You get punched through the chest by an old man without doing anything. You try to explain that they can steal your energy, but you could have done something before that. You just don't care anymore. You wait until Goku's nearly dead to explain the energy stealing bit, and then take him back home to babysit him as you openly acknowledge your uselessness

Oh and the future stranger is Bulma and Vegeta's badass robot fighting son, and thus the whole fate of two worlds depended on Vegeta and Bulma's amazing sweaty unprotected lovemaking. Nothing has ever depended on you or ever will

Tien does more than you when he holds off the bugman. You just do nothing. Krillin gets a robot girlfriend who barely ages. You get nothing.

A tournament comes around again and the gang is getting together for old time's sake. Even Krillin is going to enter. Good ol' Krillin. Always there for the team. Always in the fight, even when he's outclassed.

You stay in the stands with Krillin's daughter to babysit her. Your ex-girlfriend cheers on her husband and their son, who wins the junior division. You have no son.

When they all fly off to fight Majin Buu nobody even thinks about inviting you to come and help

Nobody ever thinks about you

ROFL.

Toxi

Banned
Did you read the chapter from the new Naruto manga series?

She overlaid a photo of herself over Karin's, standing next to Sasuke.

She's pretending to be Sasuke's wife, and hid that from Sasuke's daughter.

Like, seriously, it's beyond tragic what Kishi did with Sakura.

What the fuck

ajim

I've always loved yamcha and he's one of my fav characters alongside nappa and captain ginyu.

I guess I just choose shit characters to like.

MikeMyers

Funny theory, but wouldn't really explain Gohan's saiyan powers. I think what this reveals is that Yamcha has been stealing Gohan's hairstyles this entire time, which sadly, wouldn't even be the lowest point for him.

Yamcha is older than Gohan though, so Gohan would be stealing his hairstyles.

Krilin is the real winner of the series.

Loyal friend of Goku
goku-y-krilin-540x330.jpg

Fights to defend the Earth even against impossible odds
Krillin_vs._Kid_Buu.jpg

He has a fine taste in women
pFOvPdT.gif

Girlfriend Stronger than a Super Saiyan? Power levels equalize in bed baby.
92451-800px_krillin___android_18_super.jpg

A family man
KrillinMarronAndroid18WMAT.png

Doesn't just leech of Bulma's dad money but actually has a job.
Dragon-Ball-Z-2015-Movie-Scan-04.jpg

krillin-suit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom