• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Busters - Moon Rabbit Team announced for release on 3DS in December

Meffer

It seems to come up in every Yo-Kai Watch thread.

It's a shame since it's a genuinely a great series, but some people on here seem to be afraid of it or ridicule it when it's practices is very similar to Pokemon's granted there are certainly differences which is why I like both but there are comparisons that can be easily made.

JoeM86

Yo-kai Watch used to be almost double Pokémon's ratings. Now they hover around the same. It's not me making nonsense. It's me being concerned
Is Serebii.net working on a website for Yokai Watch?

Was considering it, but Serebii takes most of my time so I can't really handle both.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Yo-kai Watch used to be almost double Pokémon's ratings. Now they hover around the same. It's not me making nonsense. It's me being concerned

yeah, again - completely anecdotal but where as my eldest would be going nuts to watch the new episode each Friday night, now he'll wait for it to hit hulu and the second he see's USApyon he just lets out a groan and asks us to skip on.

So we're literally just skipping to the Keita parts which means he's effectively only interested in half the programme

I've sat through them - and I think I can see it hinting at some of the new mechanics we might get in YW3

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just a digital update for those who already owns the other versions? Disappointed, they should have gone full retail as previously done

Just a digital update for those who already owns the other versions? Disappointed, they should have gone full retail as previously done
Moon Rabbit Team will be retail and digital and both versions will be standalone.

The "digital update" part was just referring to compatibility patches for the old games.

JoeM86

Box art was shown in CoroCoro though. We'll get more info in a couple of days for clarification.

Tusk

yeah, again - completely anecdotal but where as my eldest would be going nuts to watch the new episode each Friday night, now he'll wait for it to hit hulu and the second he see's USApyon he just lets out a groan and asks us to skip on.

So we're literally just skipping to the Keita parts which means he's effectively only interested in half the programme

I've sat through them - and I think I can see it hinting at some of the new mechanics we might get in YW3

What exactly is his problem with UsaPyon?

The Youkai is great, imo

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Moon Rabbit Team will be retail and digital and both versions will be standalone.

The "digital update" part was just referring to compatibility patches for the old games.

Box art was shown in CoroCoro though. We'll get more info in a couple of days for clarification.

Duckroll said this:
This is what happens when people look at foreign magazine articles without being able to read them. :p

CoroCoro will be including a special box case for the "update" in their December issue, along with other bonus goodies like a booklet, a card, and so on. So fans can pretend they have a physical version of the new update.

If so, disappointed!

Oh, will they? Let me go actually read the magazine article again.

EDIT: Now that I actually read it... lmfao duckroll's right I think

JoeM86

Crikey. Don't know how I missed that. Thanks :)

That's less Level 5y. I'm happy now :) I don't want this franchise run into the ground.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
What exactly is his problem with UsaPyon?

The Youkai is great, imo

well, let me get my own thoughts out of the way first :

1) USAPyon is a bad mouthed gobshite who, a few parents have mentioned, is a bad example as to how they want their kids to speak. A trusted franchise is now throwing a shitty character who talks in a rough way and is largely disrespectful into a fairly benign franchise

2) Vader mode... i honestly couldn't yawn more - it's boring and useless and ... ultimately lame.

3) the structure of the USApyon episodes - identical every single time, the pointless game show angle and the equally as derivitave and DULL female character.

Wife's view (and similar parents)

point 1 is a huge thing - i don't want my kids exposed to this

Kids view

.... Switch this boring character off. What does he bring? This is boring. The quiz is boring. The solutions are boring. He is boring. Vader mode is boring. And it's the same every week. OH WILL HE GET ANGRY. YAWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn. Where is Keita?

but never mind - the next step is to have Keita in america - that's sure to appeal to kids who identified with the common themes Keita and the youkai presented. Honestly feel this franchise is going via suicide via a need to change.

Top Bottom