• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yosp Wants your vote! Adam or Gio on Stage at PSX?

Nerf Adam Boyes, he's too OP.
adam_boyes_shuhei_yoshida_playstation_4_used_games.png

Bashtee

Boyes dropped all the bombs already, so I want to see Gio bringing more Yakuza games and Shenmue HD to the stage.

DunpealD

Both would be ideal I guess.

Personally I'd like to see Kaz Hirai on stage. End of an era with his departure from Playstation.

Are y'all just playing, or is there significant reason to think Gio would present different games than Boyes will?

well Gio primarily work on #BuildingTheList stuff. so stuff that fans has been asking for. while Boyes does his own thing with third party dev, sure we had unthinkable happens with Shenmue, but usually he just presents some cool indie games to PS4, and while that's cool and all, with PS4 success, it almost feels like it's in the indie dev best interest to port their games to PS4 anyway. so other than the really special case like Shenmue, didn't feel like Boyes has more stuff that really surprising.

Gio with his list are directly working on stuff that we fans feel lost cause already. Yakuza series sold bad in the west, you can't even blame Sega for not localizing it when presented with the sales data. but Gio makes it happens. and there could still a lot of announcement he could make to excite fans. there's tons of cool japanese games that didn't get localized left.

well Gio primarily work on #BuildingTheList stuff. so stuff that fans has been asking for. while Boyes does his own thing with third party dev, sure we had unthinkable happens with Shenmue, but usually he just presents some cool indie games to PS4, and while that's cool and all, with PS4 success, it almost feels like it's in the indie dev best interest to port their games to PS4 anyway. so other than the really special case like Shenmue, didn't feel like Boyes has more stuff that really surprising.

Gio with his list are directly working on stuff that we fans feel lost cause already. Yakuza series sold bad in the west, you can't even blame Sega for not localizing it when presented with the sales data. but Gio makes it happens. and there could still a lot of announcement he could make to excite fans. there's tons of cool japanese games that didn't get localized left.

Gotcha. My impression was that whoever is presenting for PSX is just a figurehead at the time, regardless of his normal job. So Shu and Jack et al would decide what goes on in the presentation and Adam/Gio would just be reading the script.

But even as an indie dev who will probably target PS4 at some point, I'm more curious to see the big games on stage. They just excite me a little more.

Top Bottom