• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yosp Wants your vote! Adam or Gio on Stage at PSX?

Noaloha

Why would this be a thing? I understand it's all in fun but damn, lol.

Because something something engages the social media user something something cheap and easy something something additional investment from the consumer something something product message.

televator

He presented all the legendary unicorn sequels and HD remakes didn't he? All I know is it feels so good when Adam presents.

Boyes is my... Boy.

post-S

Who is Gio?...

Just googled ... Still cant recignize his face... Is him the huy who presented quite a few indies at e3?

Let him have Crash, Yoshida have Bend's game and let House open with God of War 4. Layden got The Last Guardian at E3 so he doesn't need anything.

I think Layden and Shu both shared Last Guardian. But Shu also brought us plenty of Bloodborne and Gravity Rush goodness so I think Layden needs another under his belt.

I think Layden and Shu both shared Last Guardian. But Shu also brought us plenty of Bloodborne and Gravity Rush goodness so I think Layden needs another under his belt.

Layden opened with it and Shu came out after the trailer ended. Layden shouldn't open a press conference again though. Let House open PSX with God of War 4 and then let Layden have Bend's game then. Shu gets anything first party that comes from Japan.

Not to be a party pooper, but I hope this vote is just for fun and doesn't actually decide anything. A popularity contest between public figures where we get to make job affection decisions, just kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Who is Gio?...

Just googled ... Still cant recignize his face... Is him the huy who presented quite a few indies at e3?

as far as I know, he has only shown up in press conference once during last year PSX. he announce Yakuza 5 localization and Suikoden 2 PSclassic on PSN store.

before that, we only know him from twitter via #building the list campaign where you tweet him any game that you wish on ps platform, including localization stuff. Tales of hearts vita is his work.

the guy who you said presented a lot of indies is probably Adam Boyes.

Bittercup

What a weird thing to do. Not really liking the idea.
I would have picked Gio. Always seems like a nice guy on stage and on twitter and seems like one of the few who still care about the Vita.
Adam is great as well but already had a lot of spotlight so to even it a bit out would be nice.
But I can't vote anyway. Poll doesn't show up for me.

yurinka

I want both, and Shahid. And Kaz riding a horse.
And them Kojima appears, he was hiding behind the horse.

I'd only ask to don't spend time with Destiny and Disney Infinity. If I had to choose one I'd ask for the Booya, but I'm interested tto continue #BuildingTheList , even if Gio isn't there I want to see his work there.

Gio, Please get suikoden 4 and 5 on psn.

nice, yep. this is what psn needs. the complete suikoden series. and also the complete wild arms series. wild arms needs more psn love. especially in europe, only the first one is available. and the psp one. the second game has never been released here! come on guys.

GeoramA

I love both these guys, so why not both like last year??

Guess I'll vote for Gio since Adam had his moment at E3 this year.

That's an unfair poll. You already know before the votes are cast that Adam is going to run away with the lead, and it just makes Gio look like a bit of a dope in the process. I voted for the plucky underdog, just out of principle, but really, what kind of question is this to ask anyway? They should both totally be there. I want Gio up on stage to announce the Shenmue HD Collection and other #BuildingtheList goodies, whereas Adam can continue dropping the bombs, like say... some debut FFVII-Remake footage?

El-Suave

I agree with whoever mentioned Asad Qizilbash. He came across really well without being annoying.

While I agree on how he did at E3, fewer guys from marketing and more people closer to development are a better choice. You kind of expect marketers to be trained for those things and do well while the "amateurs" have a charming awkwardness to them that makes them more likeable and funny especially when they're talking mostly to fans. Also there is more train wreck potential.

RibMan

maxresdefault.jpg

Gio for PSX, Adam for E3.

spats

I agree with whoever mentioned Asad Qizilbash. He came across really well without being annoying.

Yeah, he was a pro presenter. It's also interesting to hear how various announcers mangle his name.

I'm not a linguistics expert, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Ass-sad KIzzlebash.

zsynqx

While I agree on how he did at E3, fewer guys from marketing and more people closer to development are a better choice. You kind of expect marketers to be trained for those things and do well while the "amateurs" have a charming awkwardness to them that makes them more likeable and funny especially when they're talking mostly to fans. Also there is more train wreck potential.

I don't think Adam Boyes has a charming awkwardness though, and ends up coming across as a bit of an ass (for my tastes.) A good example would be Sean Murray from Hello games, who I would describe as the epitome of charm and awkwardness.

Bahlor

Why must we decide, I want both of them on stage and as I like both, I really can't choose :( It's not like they're that limited on time as this is their own press conference.

EDIT:
But I wouldn't mind seeing this guy back on stage. Was awesome and all the advertisements including him too. (Yes... I know it won't happen, but still :( )

Kevin-Butler.png

I want PSX to be only those two on the stage the entire time telling terrible jokes between announcements.

If I had to choose only one I'd go with Gio. Adam already hogs up E3.

ArjanN

That's an unfair poll. You already know before the votes are cast that Adam is going to run away with the lead, and it just makes Gio look like a bit of a dope in the process. I voted for the plucky underdog, just out of principle, but really, what kind of question is this to ask anyway? They should both totally be there. I want Gio up on stage to announce the Shenmue HD Collection and other #BuildingtheList goodies, whereas Adam can continue dropping the bombs, like say... some debut FFVII-Remake footage?

Kinda this. How about you let them both on stage and lose one of the boring suits that isn't going to talk about games. There's always one of those.

Because Tretton conferences were cool as shit.

Tretton did a good job, but in the end it's obvious he's just a character that's mostly there to pander to you, whereas Adam and Gio come across way more sincere.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fuck. This is like Sophie's Choice.
Got to go with Adam Boyes, I love that guy. Likeable, sincere, and funny to boot.

Also, now I miss ol' uncle Tretton. Or 'J-Tret' as he's called in the streets.

Varth

This. Never liked popularity polls in school as a kid, don't like them now. They both do a good job and after a year at their desk, both deserve a moment in the limelight to get motivated to do even better.

Top Bottom