• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your GOTY so far?

What is your Game of the Year so far?

• Total voters
metaphor-refantazio-atlus.gif
l2stT7n.gif

Durin

Neo Member
So far it's Dragon's Dogma 2 as my favorite, with Persona 3 Reload being in 2nd.

Will get to Unicorn Overlord and Stellar Blade at some point in the future though.

Aion002

FFVII Rebirth... Helldivers 2 is a close second, followed by Rise of the Ronin.

Depending on how Helldivers 2 progress (live service games tend to evolve and get better with time (or worse)) and Rise of the Ronin might eventually get some expansions, things can change.

Also, I still have to play Stellar Blade and Unicorn Overlord.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

1. Dragon's Dogma 2
2. Prince of Persia The Lost Crown
3. Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
4. FFVII Rebirth
5. Granblue Fantasy Relink

I can only see Hellblade 2 or Trails Through Daybreak taking DD2's spot, maybe Metroid Prime 4 if Nintendo releases it this year.

Buggy Loop

Of what I played that is on that list, Dragon dogma 2, but not as good as I was hoping so It'll be outclassed easily.

Even my replay of Fallout New Vegas is more entertaining.

SHA

From the list dd2, but I'm playing Skyrim and Fallout 3 for the first time and having a blast experience, Jesus!

xrnzaaas

It's still Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth. I may not be the biggest fan of its ending, but the majority of the content was incredibly good and the game's just one big vacation in a sunny place I could be a part of.

ssringo

Stellar Blade but there's enough small issues that it's not a strong winner. I'm still working through NG+ (with hard mode afterwards) and the annoyances are fading a bit as I've gotten used to them.

Looking at other games with a firm release date of this year I don't see anything that could overtake it. Not counting Elden Ring DLC of course...

Madflavor

This year feels so damn frontloaded. At least in the 2nd half I can catch up on titles I haven't gotten to.

T4keD0wN

Re-releases excluded its Prince of Persia and its not even close. With how packed the rest of the year is its bound to change.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

Had to give it to Rebirth. It definitely overstayed its welcome, the last quarter of the game felt like a bit of a slog, I just wanted it to finally be over. The final boss battle was absurdly long, fuck you Squeenix dev team for not putting some checkpoints in there between phases. But so far there isn't anything new this year I enjoyed more.

I had very high hopes for Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade. I was hoping Ronin would be more similar to something like Ghost of Tsushima, and I was hoping Stellar Blade would be along the lines of DMC/Bayo/Automata, but in both cases they just had too many soulslike elements for my taste. They were OK, but even on easy mode they were soured for me. Just not into that annoying combat "work for it, work for every single hit you pussy" style.

Fbh

Unicorn Overlord by default since it's the only 2024 game I've played.
That said I doubt it will remain in that spot, it's a fun game but nothing extraordinary outside of the art. A solid 8/10.

[Sigma]

Despite my gripes with the way they balance things in their game at times, it's Helldivers 2. I haven't played every game thus far that I want to play so my opinion isn't complete as far as all of the games released in 2024 so far that I have interest in.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Rebirth. By far Rebirth. Infinite Wealth and Reload are contenders, but they fell short of what SE did with Rebirth for me.

It's a tie between Eiyuden Chronicles and Unicorn Overlord so far

I'm finished Unicorn Overlord and loved the gameplay but had some issues with other aspects of the game

I'm currently playing Eiyuden Chronicles (8 Hours In) I've been loving it despite my issues with the localization (I've been playing the game with Japanese Voices with English Subtitles) I haven't really noticed anything woke yet. But overall the game been fantastic

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Where the hell is Balatro in that list?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Never heard of it 👀
Assuming you’re not trolling me 😂

It’s an incredibly addictive deck builder, based around the rules of poker. It’s the type of game that’s hard to explain, but easy to play. I usually tell my friends “it’s a dopamine machine”

Definitely worth getting if you’re into short gameplay loops (around 30-60 min) with big payoffs when you succeed.

Last edited:

GHound

You know that complicated feeling you have when you enjoyed some games but not a whole lot and you don't want to pick any of them because none of them were particularly special compared to the others?
We've got the rest of may through the end of December to go but that's my entire GOTY candidate list so far.

Assuming you’re not trolling me 😂

It’s an incredibly addictive deck builder, based around the rules of poker. It’s the type of game that’s hard to explain, but easy to play. I usually tell me friends “it’s a dopamine machine”

Definitely worth getting if you’re into short gameplay loops (around 30-60 min) with big payoffs when you succeed.

Nah man not trolling

Didn't know what it was generally was

Googled it looks like a RL Card Gambling thing to me lol

Yeah not my thing ^^;

IAmRei

Dragon dogma 2, and if i could vote more, ronin and overlord and also granblue. These four games execute their presentations very well.

tommib

The best game I played this year was As Dusk Falls but that’s not from 2024. So, I’ll go with Helldivers 2. It’s just very enjoyable every time you go back to it. Either that or Ronin.

Roberts

Mostly pre-occupied myself with older games, but played Brotato a lot - while no Vampire Survivors, it was a fun game. Probably the most memorable experience so far was Harold Halibut and I really enjoyed Banishers which I never finished.

Vblad88

FF7Reb. It cured me from Final Fantasy mania by being overblown with content and low on story. Stopped playing video games at all thanks to that. Guess my live is better now

sigmaZ

Easily Infinite Wealth. They nailed the pacing and the plot action of the main story and the overall gameplay was fun and non-offensive. Bawled me eyes out at the ending.
FF7 Rebirth is really the only other big title besides Persona 3 that I've played this year. P3 is ok, but it's rather bland outside of it's catchy art and aesthetics. And I am not a fan of the whole social link.
FF7 Rebirth had the potential to top Infinite Wealth for me, but there's so many immersion breaking design and story choices scattered through the game that while I enjoyed myself more than 16 there were lots of little things that soured the experience.

Toots

Gold Member
Gave my vote to Rise of the Ronin because FFVII rebirth didn’t need it, and both deserve it in my mind.

Alan Wake

I haven't played many of the games above. I did like both Banishers and Alone in the Dark, though. Haven't finished Banishers yet so my vote goes to AitD.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I haven’t played anything noteworthy this year, which is a damn shame. And the even bigger shame is that nothing noteworthy seems to even be upcoming anytime soon…

Top Bottom