• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

I was bored and was looking through my cupboards and found two of my old and rare Sackboys which I won in an online competition from Media Molecule.

h289W.jpg

This is not my image. I have the exact same, though. In the same wrapping and with the same letter. But two of them!

I then randomly searched ebay and found that two were selling for £100 and £125! I was so surprised!

So my question is, what do you think your most expensive and therefore rare gaming item you have is?

(I would provide images if it wasn't so late at night. Please provide your own images of your items if you can!)

EDIT: I've included my own picture now.

ashbash159 said:
I was bored and was looking through my cupboards and found my two of my old and rare Sackboys which I won in an online competition from Media Molecule.

P3290057.jpg

This is not my image. I have the exact same, though. In the same wrapping and with the same letter. But two of them!

I then randomly searched ebay and found that two were selling for £100 and £125! I was so surprised!

So my question is, what do you think your most expensive and therefore rare gaming item you have is?

(I would provide images if it wasn't so late at night. Please provide your own images of your items if you can!)

I've got that one too. mines unwrapped though!!!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
My FFVII copy? It's in mint condition, I myself can't believe how well maintained it is.

randomkid

I just found out that some random board game that's been in our basement for years and years that we were planning on giving away is apparently really valuable (seriously, HeroQuest by Milton Bradley is really worth money?)

For videogames, hmm, I've got complete copies of like, a bunch of Playstation RPGs and Harvest Moon 64 and a bunch of SNES games, some of em have gotta be worth something decent.

I snagged a copy of Project Zero/Fatal Frame 4 for Wii last year, I've checked online a few times since and I can't find any new copies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
ashbash159 said:
I was bored and was looking through my cupboards and found my two of my old and rare Sackboys which I won in an online competition from Media Molecule.

That thing is worth £125 on ebay? I have one sitting on my desk, and while I would never sell it (it's adorable!) I never had a clue it was worth anything!

Well,in that case my 2nd most valuable gaming item is my big box EA games collection. Bought for £2 at a car boot sale, I cannot find any references to this edition on the internets, and it exceptionally rare. http://www.abload.de/img/imag0002x8gx.jpg

Value is unknown, but I wouldn't put it much below £50.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Apparently my PS3 English copy of Aquanaut's Holiday is worth like $150+ now according to eBay insanity *mind blown*

cj_iwakura

Not quite rare, but to me, it's priceless.
IMG_6426.jpg

I also have copies of Frequency and Amplitude signed by Harmonix Staff and Freezepop.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have one of those Sackboys, but it wasn't really a competition though, more like a promotion. Also have the attached letter somewhere in a folder. Never did buy the game though.

Probably not worth much but I am proud of my Miyamoto signed Link to the Past box.

Nice topic OP. I dont have anything that worthwhile. Rarest things are probably my working 60gb launch PS3 and the Zelda collection for gamecube.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Original drawing of Lunar: The Silver Star promo art. Also, Ohji Hiroi's autograph (Sakura Wars)

videogamesetup07.jpg

Mario cartridge signed by Miyamoto during the Nintendo World store opening in NY.

miyamotomario.jpg

Hey You

Nothing really. I do have a NES and SNES with a bunch of games.

Current most expensive thing probably my 360?

JimboJones

I have a official Mario themed Gamecube controller that i got from club nintendo (or nintendo vip as it was called back then).

Dunno if it's considered rare or worth much though.

Grisby

xNywU.jpg

On amazon this is going for $80 or so. I probably have another item or two but this popped into my head immediately.

-KRS-

Probably my cartridge of Mr. Gimmick for the NES. It's definitely the most I've ever paid for a cartridge. It's nothing special though so no point in taking a picture. It's just a cartridge in average condition. I couldn't afford to buy a CIB copy anyway, just wanted the game :p

I don't have many really expensive games. I think the only other one might be Earthbound, but it has only become expensive in later years. When I bought it it was half the price of what a cartridge usually goes for today, and I also bought it with a weird "For Display Only" box in really good condition.

And I guess Final Fantasy III for the SNES which I have CIB with the map in decent condition, I'd say around 7 or 8 out of 10. But it's not really a game that's even close to being considered "expensive".

KaYotiX

Banned
My copy of Shining Force 3 (on Saturn)

And The CE's of Both Lunar games on the PS1

Nothing worth TONS but still they are semi-rare nowdays and im glad i kept them.

N4Us

Have the Sonic Adventure LE disc, but it's not in the LE packaging. Also might be one of the few you can actually save a file with.

dc89

Erm.

Probably Final Fantasy VII for PC. The big box edition. It's in top condition with all inserts etc.

Shame it always used to crash at the chocobo races, I think it was a known compatibility issue with XP.

V_Ben

Banned
I have some kind of metal (possibly pewter) figure of Solid Snake from MGS2. I can't actually find an image of it on google, but it's in roughly this pose;

solid_snake.gif

I have an F-Zero GX racing jacket that I won in an EB Games Canada contest. Apparently only 25 were produced. (Sorry for the crappy quality pic. I had a shitty camera when I won this. I should probably retake pics of it someday.)

fzero_congrats.jpg

fzero_jacket1.jpg

element

vKBFF.jpg

Sander Cohen statue. Present from Ken Levine to employees at Irrational Games. Only 200 were made.

gjGyw.jpg

Andrew Ryan statue. Promotional Gift Irrational Games created. Only 200 were made.

flnOz.jpg

Limited Edition Xbox. Only for MS employees.

I've got some other stuff. Panzer Dragoon Saga, FF3 SNES, and some others.

SpacLock

I was actually going through some of my old stuff that was boxed up a long, long time ago and found two NES Legend of Zelda gold carts. No packaging for them though.

I also found all of my old SNES games like Super Mario World, Super Metroid, etc.

Oh, and Mortal Kombat 2 for Genesis. Awesome.

Cranzor

I don't really have anything very rare. Probably my copies of Zelda Collector's Edition and Metroid Prime Trilogy are the most rare I have.

Ceebs

The only real collectors items I have are boxed and complete copies of every Monkey Island game. I would like to see the special editions get a retail bundle so I could buy those as well.

Jarmel

Banned
Tomat said:
Oh, but we do.

I hope I don't make too many people depressed.

Let's start off with the uber valuable stuff and work our way down shall we?

Mass Effect poster signed by the development team. Poster is also OOP. One of a kind I believe.
img2745e.jpg

Uncharted game signed by the developers. Only five of these exist.
08c53af5.png

Valkyria Chronicles signed by the head producer and director.
valkyre.jpg

Fallout 3 poster signed by the development staff. Only 3 of these exist.
fallout.jpg

No More Heroes 2 Poster signed by Suda 51. Haven't gotten these framed yet due to size(will cost $500 each to frame). One of a kind.

Don't have personal pictures of those right now but here's some images from the contest.
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9004869

Now onto the more casual rare stuff I have:

Signed Deadspace 2 game signed by the entire development team
Signed copies of MGS1,2, and 4. I also have a sketch by Shinkawa for MGS3. Working on getting this framed.
Signed copy of Eternal Darkness by Dyack(I know)
Then there is the shitload of Mass Effect lithographs I have framed. My main one is the Citadel lithograph. I actually had the Illium one and it got wrecked in transport.
I also have two lithographs by Yoshitaka Amano, one of Terra.

Vamphuntr

Dunno if it's worth that much but I have the following games ( US version complete with all the inserts)

SNES
-Lufia II
-Chrono Trigger
-Secret of Mana

GB
-Final Fantasy Legend III

PSX
-Suikoden II
-Lunar SSSC
-Lunar EBC
-Persona 2 EP

Sega Saturn
-Albert Odyssey

PS2
-Growlanser Generations
-Every PS2 Megaten games from Atlus USA

Panzer dragoon saga
Shining force III
Earthbound

I remember I was originally selected to beta test wow and sold my beta account to someone on the ign boards and bought panzer dragoon and shining for with that money! Was so happy since I didn't even have the time to devote to the beta at that time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, I just remembered. I won a Mad World hoody. on't know how much it is worth, but it's comfy to wear round the house.

-KRS-

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I have sealed copies of Earthbound (Packaged guide and all) & Suikoden II, but that's about it.

God damn! That must be worth a small fortune nowadays.

Trying to think real hard on this...

I guess my Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker that I got signed on twice by Kojima last year?

Because who else could think to have a copy of Peace Walker signed twice that same day?! NOBODY!! Maybe.

I also had my Onimusha 3 signed by Keiji Inafune that one summer that he came to the Gamestop near 34th St.

Aaaaand I just remembered, my 2 LittleBigPlanet 2 covers that were signed by the MediaMolecule guys there and the 3 LittleBigWorldRecord players. Cooool beans.

Top Bottom