• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

enewtabie

I don't have much. Just Legacy signed by Bill Shatner that Bethesda gave me and a copy of Fallout 3 signed by Todd( dunno where it is)

f73424a2.jpg

Hm I don't really have anything uber, some hard to get DC games, japanese mint copy of sonic 1, RE4 leon figure in R.P.D outfit which was limited edition, and a statue of the assault from Monday Night Combat, only 250 were made and I imported one to the UK from America, it's a beaut.

qq more

Mega Man X3 SNES (Cart-Only)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (I was lucky to get this for 50 dollars!)
Marvel VS Capcom 3 Special Edition... although I'm not sure how much it goes for now, but last time I checked it went for 90/100 dollars.

...And last year's platinum prize from Club Nintendo. (Mario statue)

I think I'm going for Earthbound next... *looks at the price* ...fuck.

Carnby

Juan29.zapata said:
My FFVII copy? It's in mint condition, I myself can't believe how well maintained it is.
Unfortunately Final Fantasy 7 prices bottomed out. It's not nearly as expensive as it was a few years ago.

The usual suspects:
P6010008-1.jpg

Sealed Mario and Zelda:
P6010006-1.jpg

100th issue Gameboy Pocket, Gold Zelda Gameboy Camera:
P6010004.jpg

Pre release Animal Crossing, 300 copies were sent out to people who completed a survey:
P6010002.jpg

hank_tree

I'm pretty sure I have something that no one else on GAF has....

A pair of hideous Infamous runners.

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Edit: Also I'm surprised that Final Fantasy VII music box hasn't been posted by someone yet. I want that so bad.

Oh, if it counts, I also have a Black Label copy of FF7 in great condition, as well as sealed copies of Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon.

Does Final Fantasy Anthology count? My brother has a sealed copy.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, first owner. (Wish Sega would port this thing so that I could get rid of it. Those discs are 14 years old now)

ZOE 2, sealed. Bought it expecting to play it sometime and just never got around to it...

Xabora

thomaser said:

I have lots of other goodies too, but this is the only one I have a photo of.

The one thing I really wish I had: Earthbound CIB. I've never played an Earthbound/Mother-game.
Takes the cake, 1 of 26.

Tansut

cheetahmen_iicoverfront.jpg

Plus I have some random bootleg NES/Famicom games, examples being:

Super Mario 4 (Armadillo with Mario)
Super Mario Party (Marios 1-3, Lost Levels and I think even the original arcade game...so like All-Stars for the NES but better)
Street Fighter II

Dizzy-4U

Expensive? I don't know. Rare? Maybe:

X-Japan Virtual Shock 001. The "game" is absolute ass but I love it and it's my most treasured possession.

jD6xz.png

Zizbuka

Banned
I have a bunch of stuff that may be rare, not really sure. Maybe someone can tell me?
A few off the top of my head, only because I haven't seen them elsewhere.

PS1
Tomba
Tomba 2
Strider 2
Rollcage
Rollcage 2

PS2
Stretch Panic
Jungle Book Rythym 'N Groove

Lara Croft pewter figure

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't really know how rare it is or how much it costs nowadays, because I could never find another one for sale. It's a HUmar Statue, from Phantasy Star Online.

8JHhS.jpg

All I know is that they were only sold on Sonic Team Japanese website and they were, apparently, limited at first. I'm not really sure on that.

I bought it on November 2004 and it cost me 150,95 plus 23 USD shipping to Brazil.

Click for bigger images:

Found a little more information, for those interested (aka, me). It used to be sold for 12,000 yen, but later it was on sale for 8,000 yen http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/goods/g_factory.html

I didn't know they eventually made another two statues. The HUnewearl looks nice, but I prefer the HUmar.

About how many were built, according to http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/goods/psost01_01.htm, at first, only 500 were made. The shitty Google Translation says that "Sales reached 500 in number and we will still not be terminated.". Mine has "0570 of" on the box, so there's that (I don't know Kanji and the rest of the phrase doesn't make any sense to me).

Recarpo

I only really have 1 piece of gaming memorabilia, but it's probably the favorite thing in my house.

halosodavendingmaching.jpg

I'm not at home right now so I can't take a picture of it but it's this halo pop machine that's signed by a lot of people from bungie studios. The only thing I've really splurged on when it comes to any kind of collectible.

Persona7

Banned
Recarpo said:
I only really have 1 piece of gaming memorabilia, but it's probably the favorite thing in my house.

I'm not at home right now so I can't take a picture of it but it's this halo pop machine that's signed by a lot of people from bungie studios. The only thing I've really splurged on when it comes to any kind of collectible.
awesome

iNvid02

i got sent a sackboy too, still have it sitting on my desk. although i did unwrap mine which probably made the value take a dive. you can get similar ones now but they dont look as good.

i doubt anyone would pay £100 for it, but it could fetch £20-£30 i think

Netto-kun

Not sure if these are considered rare or not.

The Art of Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright)
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth/Valkyria Profile Silmeria Material Collection
Super Street Fighter IV Collector's Package (Japanese version)
Sealed copies of Radiata Stories and Breath of Fire V
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Limited Box (Japanese version)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Original Soundtrack

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Someday I'll have more money, and I will buy as much as gaming items I can.

And I thought I was lucky to have FFVII in mint condition.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I won a copy of Jade Empire signed by several of the developers from Gamespot's On the Spot. It's the only thing that stands out :(

One developer crossed out the M and put "A - hot coffee!". I can't make out the guys name but it seems like Harvey Fong??? Cori wrote his name on player character's abs. I could never get a chance to thank the Bioware staff for this epic game so hopefully one of them read this....Thanks!!

zA8CX.jpg

Pc7Wn.jpg

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
Mine isn't expensive or rare.

Back in the day, Burger King was selling those plastic Pokeballs with "golden" Pokemon cards in them. I bought a golden Charizard on a school trip when I was probably around 10 and it drained my allowance. The plastic Pokeball has long since been lost, but I still have the "gold" Charizard card in its plastic case locked away. Sometimes I look at it and remember simpler days when I wanted to be the very best.

Jomjom

Banned
To the couple of people who had Amano signed merchandise: At what event did you guys get those signed?

I've been waiting forever for an opportunity to get his autograph on my complete, mint copy of Final Fantasy VI for the SNES right next to the Uematsu autograph I already have. Also anyone know if Sakaguchi ever goes to signing events? I don't see much merchandise signed by him anywhere.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Sorry, too tired to put up pictures, but unusual stuff I have:
  • Okie Dokie cartridge, numbered and signed by the maker. The homebrew Atari 2600 release that really kicked that scene into high gear. Of course, that scene wouldn't have been nearly so vibrant without the Stella Gets a New Brain CD, which I also own.
  • Original Half-life PC pre-order baseball cap from 1998. Back when pre-order gifts were real things.
  • The House of the Dead for Sega Saturn, original owner. :)

TheUsual

Gold Member
Recarpo said:

That's pretty 'effin awesome.

Monkey Island signed by Tim S., Zelda NES signed by Miyamoto, Mass Effect by C. Hudson, Dragon Age by Bioware, Dead Space 2 signed by the whole team, RE4 by mister Kobayashi, Spore by Will Wright, Populous Amiga signed by Molyneux, Deus Ex by Spector, Prince or Persia by Mechner, L4D by Gabe, oh and you know this DSpace collector edition ltd to 1000 units? well, I have it too, except that it's the number 2 :)

+ some neogeo, saturn, and PSX rare stuff...

tomadoi1.png

tomadoi2.png

tomadoi3.png

I forgot about this.

I have a limited edition copy of 涼宮ハルヒの戸惑 (a.k.a. Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi/The Perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya) for the Playstation 2. I actually bought it from another GAF member.

I think the limited edition copy normally runs around $120 mint condition.
The game itself is still sealed and I never removed the figurine from the packaging.

It comes with a pre-order bonus disc and a super posable Chouyusha Haruhi (Ultra Hero Haruhi) figurine.

Anyway, now I need to acquire an NTSC-J PS2, hahaha

MBison

Love the signed stuff in the thread.

I went on an autograph binge a few years back and being an old school adventure game fan, I sent out my original boxes to a bunch of designers to get signed.

I have almost 80 game boxes signed by all of the great adventure game designers, such as Jane Jensen, Roberta Williams, Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, Al Lowe, etc etc, and many many more.

Top Bottom