• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA PS4 demo up now on Japanese PS Store

So...I found this kind of middling. The art's not bad but it's still quite evidently an uprezzed Vita game. Wonky hit detection on platforms had me doing janky skating around on ledges and missing jumps, the layouts didn't seem particularly well done, and the action seemed kind of repetitive. I love the older games in this series, and I know it still has its diehard fans, but based on this I think I'm going to pass.

Sqwee. Probably my most anticipated 2017 game.

I mean, the Vita version, but all this talk of PS4 version is getting me excited too! May actually consider double dipping.

Soar

Demo out on PSN EU/AUS. Completed it and actually grew on me. The boss fights were interesting and not too taxing, but the platforming is horrible for a new player. I must have dropped down into the ravine at least 10 times though thank goodness there isn't any fall damage. I might just picked this up as the action play is nice and easy.

Playing the demo on ps4 right now.

Honestly, this is hitting all the right spots. Gameplay, graphics, exploration, music...coming from beating Ys VII one week ago and Celteta earlier this month I'm having trouble adjusting to the buttons layout, but that's really my only nitpick at the moment.

Just beat the demo. Really good. I went with nightmare and found it to be surprisingly easier than what I expected. The boss of the demo did gave me trouble though.

The castways story give me vibes from Ys VI, my personal favourite from the non-party games. Exploration seems to be really improved and the point where they focused more. A mayor set-up from Celteta wich honestly I'm going to have trouble for touching it again after this game comes out.

Really excited for 12 september.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
acfqXH.jpg

Fashion got garish in the world of Ys.

Top Bottom