• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.11 released

Ran around Kakariko and the swamp/pond on the plateau for a bit. Still noticeable framedrops on Wii U.

EDIT: Looked over my captures from before and after and yeah, still getting framedrops in the same places. If there's any improvement to the drops themselves it's pretty slight.

Hattori

Banned
just tried the known hot spots and they're quite tolerable now (docked) Gonna try to fight a
Lynel
in the plains to see if it still chugs
when he does the fire breath attack
in a little bit.

FSLink

Banned
What about when a traveler mentions that location? Then the player assigns all the stuff they read on NeoGAF to that location.

If they already read about what happens at a location on NeoGAF, they shouldn't care about location name "spoilers" at that point.

People were saying the same shit about turning the wifi off lol

"Yep, can confirm this DEFINITELY improves performance"

Wow...how about just trying it for yourself? Maybe you can see a difference. I just tried it out in a area where you find the
eight memory. A place under a tree with a lot of flowers
and the framerate tanked as soon as you got nearby. Now it didnt had one single dip. And that is not my imagination that teicksme because I was at that place just an hour before the patch was released.

Of course not, their hot takes on preview code is the definitive evaluation of the game's long term appeal, just like Splatoon and Destiny before it.

It was retail review code sent by Nintendo, not preview code. The review embargo was also their choice.

Breath of the Wild came out on March 3. It is March 30. People have put 60+ hours into the game.

That's not a hot take. Sorry.

If they already read about what happens at a location on NeoGAF, they don't care about spoilers at that point.

I was about to say-- if the mere name of a location is a spoiler to you, why on earth visit a thread about a patch released a month after the game launched? That's just pure common sense. Like if I'm that touchy, to not even want to know the name of a forest, I doubt I'd enter any thread about the game. Let alone, again, a thread about patch notes, where people are clearly going to be sharing impressions about specific things in relation to the patch.

JoeFu

Banned
Ran around great plateau for fun and it was steady. Did not see any drops when running out the starting area and panning the camera. Pretty nice.

Speely

Banned
If they already read about what happens at a location on NeoGAF, they shouldn't care about location name "spoilers" at that point.

I mean when they read about a location through NPC text and realize they already read about it through NeoGAF posts in a performance thread.

zeromcd73

Just tested undocked on Switch in the forest. Still had some drops the first time I entered it, but seemed to adjust after 3 or so seconds and didn't do it again. Major improvement compared to before where it would just be constant drops.

I mean when they read about a location through NPC text and realize they already read about it through NeoGAF posts in a performance thread.

They didn't read about the forest. They saw the forest name. There are no specifics about the forest. It's like seeing a forest called Dwelling Forest or something. Okay, that's what it's called, but what specifics, or spoilers can be derided from that? It's not called Princess Zelda Dies Woods of Death :p

I've put 70 hours into the game before the patch. Is my 70 hour playtime a hot take?

In the long term, content complete sense? Absolutely. People playing the game as soon as this time next year aren't going to have the same experience as you.

I don't give a shit about metascores. The way games media evaluates content needs to get with the times and stop relying on a format established by a medium that's all but dead.

They didn't read about the forest. They saw the forest name. There are no specifics about the forest. It's like seeing a forest called Dwelling Forest or something. Okay, that's what it's called, but what specifics, or spoilers can be derided from that? It's not called Princess Zelda Dies Woods of Death :p

Princess Zelda dies?! What the fuck, dude!!

Kyzer

Banned
Wow...how about just trying it for yourself? Maybe you can see a difference. I just tried it out in a area where you find the
eight memory. A place under a tree with a lot of flowers
and the framerate tanked as soon as you got nearby. Now it didnt had one single dip. And that is not my imagination that teicksme because I was at that place just an hour before the patch was released.

You could just not take me saying im gonna wait for expert word until believing it and citing a past experience to not be personal nor apply to you. I dont know your credibility nor do I know how capable you are of discerning these things so you cant blame me for not taking your word, nor do I recognize who you are or what your stance was on the previous wifi performance situation so you cant blame me for not differentiating the two, not that I even directed the comment at you anyways. Obviously framerate improvement has already been confirmed at this point but you didnt have to go out of your way to convince me, I might not even have believed it if I thought I experienced it myself... I trust its not your imagination lol im not attacking you.

Speely

Banned

Communication impasse. Pulling out. No offense meant, but this exchange doesn't add anything positive to the thread imo. Respectfully giving a bow.

In the long term, content complete sense? Absolutely. People playing the game as soon as this time next year aren't going to have the same experience as you.

I don't give a shit about metascores. The way games media evaluates content needs to get with the times and stop relying on a format established by a medium that's all but dead.

I mean, it'd be nice if reviewers had time to go back and re-evaluate every game that receives a patch, but that's just not feasible in most cases.

Malus

So either there is a bit of an improvement or the performance was never that bad
probably a bit of both

My shit lagged so bad once the sound stopped (somebody else in this thread apparently had this happen to them once.) It was pretty
awfully
bad.

K Forest docked is 'better' if I remember right in that it holds 30 fps more often now, but the near locked 20 fps I remember getting in there was less distracting than the 30 20 30 20 fluctuation running around the main area.

To be fair though I didn't do this test before patching so it's possible that I wasn't running from the temple and back to the shrine much to notice, but yeah. Seems to hit 30 more often but performance in K Forest still leaves much to be desired.

Fast traveling to
Keo Ruug
in
Korok
Forest and walking to the
Master Sword pedestal
is no longer a frame rate death sentance.

It maintains 30 a hell of a lot better but it still chokes at times.

It's a solid improvement for sure.

I wonder if they reduced some effects/details to get it running like this.

I mean, it'd be nice if reviewers had time to go back and re-evaluate every game that receives a patch, but that's just not feasible in most cases.

Right, so don't call it a review. Call it a launch impression piece, an write a new article every time there's a significant content update, and do a retrospective once it's content complete. Bam, more clicks and you're using the medium of the internet properly.

MAtgS

r9MbzHR.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
do you remember the name? cant seem to find it
It was a while ago. Googled it and cant find any hints.
All i know is spike circular maze some pole on the left rock formation and wind no snow no desert no lava. Grassy area
But it was the worst lag i have ever seen in zelda.
Really below n64 golden eye 4p splitscreen.

I hope DF shows the worst trouble area's pre and post patch. I did notice an improvement in
Korok Forest
Not perfect but definitely an improvement from what I remember.

Edit: Meant to use Spoiler tags not bold.

You could just not take me saying im gonna wait for expert word until believing it and citing a past experience to not be personal nor apply to you. I dont know your credibility nor do I know how capable you are of discerning these things so you cant blame me for not taking your word, nor do I recognize who you are or what your stance was on the previous wifi performance situation so you cant blame me for not differentiating the two, not that I even directed the comment at you anyways. Obviously framerate improvement has already been confirmed at this point but you didnt have to go out of your way to convince me so theres no reason to be frustrated either. I trust its not your imagination im not attacking you.

I am not frustrated just alittle bit baffled that you wouldn't believe anybody here just because of an other thread which had nothing to do with this one.
And I don't feel attacked or anything.in the end it is dumb to fight about such a thing as a patch in a game. Sorry for even starting this conversation.^^

Has anyone been to
Rito
village? The entrance to it was pretty bad before too.

Top Bottom