• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Wind Waker HD will have a "more Challenging mode"

This game will be glorious in HD. I remember when I saw the first screens back then, i was totally hyped; it looked to me like some east- european animation movie. I really love the style.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Please let it be unlocked from the start and I will pick up this game!
Are save games for single player games locked on Wii U or one could, say, DL a save from the web and use it as their own?

Was Master Quest need to be unlocked in OoT 3DS?

Unfortunately, yes. I had never played OoT before, so that didn't bother me at all. I *have* played Wind Waker before - at least, up to the Triforce hunt - so it may be more bothersome for me if there aren't enough improvements to the main game.

Yes, from the start!!

I can't even try to understand why they did put the Master Quest in OoT, only after the end..

Has there been any official statement??

Into

Id actually that argue that the game being easier than most other Zelda games suits the game well, the tone is much more whimsical and happy, i find myself sitting there and smiling when i play Wind Waker, its just a easy going, fun experience. It is what sets it apart from every Zelda game, where you are sometimes struggling or even get annoyed, but experience that classic rush when you finally figure out a puzzle.

But hey, a more challenging mode hurts no one

I'm fine having to unlock it, if it's a Master Quest rearranged mode.

It has to be there from start instead, if it's only a given/taken damage adjusting or similar.

ijLlIW93lXq8E.gif

Man, I love that boss fight. It's my favorite in the whole series because of how dynamic it is.

giapel

Hopefully it's harder than Skyward Sword's Hero mode or Ocarina of Time 3D's Master Quest. Cause those weren't very hard.

Skyward Sword Hero mode was hard. And a step in the right direction. For the first time in a Zelda game, I actually had to use my potions, I was running out of rupees and... I was dying outside boss battles. Then of course the game gives you the heart medal and the game becomes easy again :/

Skyward Sword Hero mode was hard. And a step in the right direction. For the first time in a Zelda game, I actually had to use my potions, I was running out of rupees and... I was dying outside boss battles. Then of course the game gives you the heart medal and the game becomes easy again :/
I guess I didn't really find it hard since I played it right after beating it on normal. I knew all of the games tricks and how to parry everything at that point or to get to weak points easily, like using the slingshot to stun standard grunts to completely avoid their dancefest of sword blocking. It was overall easier than my first playthrough, which was already easy.

Oh man, PLEASE let this be true. It's already one of my favorite games of all time; along with the faster sailing and apparently tweaked Triforce hunt, making it not insultingly easy might just make it reach perfection!

McNum

I like how OoT3D handled it:

- Link does half damage
- Enemies do double damage
- Mirrored dungeons and overworld
- Remixed puzzles in dungeon

It used Master Quest as a base, mirrored everything, and recalculated the damage. Very nice!
Link did half damage? I never noticed that. I thought the only combat difference was that he took double damage. None of the bosses seemed to need more hits, at last.

Kokonoe

Banned
I laughed at the moonwalk gif, but now I feel like I've been spoiled since I've never played Majora's Mask and now I know what the last boss fight looks like. I was waiting for the 3DS release.

Blatantly missing dungeons would still mar the experience.

It's been mentioned several times since TWW's release that the dungeons that didn't make it into TWW were used in subsequent games like Twilight Princess. So, nah... I'm cool with that. Is it ideal? No, but TWW is so peerless in so many other ways that I can deal.

FrankerZ

Banned
*Adds 300% more Triforce charts

Jokes aside, I'm not sure how they could make it difficult the right way, it's probably just going to be take more damage, do less damage, no maps

It's been mentioned several times since TWW's release that the dungeons that didn't make it into TWW were used in subsequent games like Twilight Princess. So, nah... I'm cool with that. Is it ideal? No, but TWW is so peerless in so many other ways that I can deal.
Well, you used the word perfection. The fact that the scrapped dungeons worked their way into subsequent games doesn't make their absence any less felt. I agree there are things WW does exceptionally well, but imo there are plenty of iffier design choices that hold it back in spite of some brilliant touches.

Joqu

Nice. Wind Waker has always been too easy. But yes, make that shit available from the start Nintendo. Difficulty levels shouldn't be a reward for beating the game.

As for the scrapped dungeons, we know it's not going to happen now but would you guys have minded if they had added them even though they already were in the latter games?

I know I wouldn't, but I imagine it would bother people.

Layell

The final boss fight is really easy, easier than a lot of the bosses before it. Give me a real good final boss fight please and then you can have my money Nintendo.

Boney

Banned
I like how OoT3D handled it:

- Link does half damage
- Enemies do double damage
- Mirrored dungeons and overworld
- Remixed puzzles in dungeon

It used Master Quest as a base, mirrored everything, and recalculated the damage. Very nice!
You don't do half damage and dungeons aren't mirrored

Bulzeeb

Posted?

Reduced price was not the only thing updated on amazon, here is what the game description says:

Get this mode available from the start and big fans will respond Nintendo.

tumblr_mpi8fqvlJ61rmgw6jo6_500.jpg

tumblr_mpi8fqvlJ61rmgw6jo1_500.jpg

yup, I know that if I ever buy the game, I want to play that mode from the start (I beat WW on the cube and my biggest complain was the easy difficulty)

I really hope this isn't handled like Hero Mode in Skyward Sword.

Easily my favorite way to play the game, but it's so obnoxious to actually play; you can only play it on a file that has been completed on normal, and if you complete the Hero mode run, that file is done--you need to start over on Normal Mode.

The only option you have is to copy the start up point of Hero Mode on other files, but that does not become an option when you live with other people and the other files are their files.

oatmeal

Banned
If it's not available at hte start...we need one brave soul to play through the game really fast, and then post their save file so we can all start it in the harder mode.

Top Bottom