• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

Aiii

So not worth it
I wouldn't say that. They're not pushed to the absolute limits on boost to save costs (so that the teams don't need a new engine each race).

The F1 engines couldn't run for as long as the IndyCar engines do.

Mostly because F1 engines are build to last a set number of kilometers, also, infinitely more complex, so easier to break.

The V6's in Indycar are great engines, but they're not that special in terms of tech. They're just normal racing engines. As I said, I hope F1 runs them after we end the current nightmare in 2020, but Merc will be a problem in getting there.

Par Score

I count about 5 separate times Dixon's head was less than a foot away from a serious impact, lucky boy and thank goodness for that.

Aiii

So not worth it
What are those safety cells made of? Wow

speed-and-safety-composite-materials-in-motorsport-dallara-automobili-38-728.jpg

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I can believe he walked away from that. Thank God for the advancements racing has produced.

Qronicle

Can't watch...lack of Sunhi is killing me.

Yeah, Sunhi should really have a second in command that takes over when he's not available. Missed him in other threads as well this weekend :D

Horrible crash though.

Dixon's livery reminded me a lot of the 96-97 Williams F1 car, on a totally unrelated note.

kharma45

Mostly because F1 engines are build to last a set number of kilometers, also, infinitely more complex, so easier to break.

The V6's in Indycar are great engines, but they're not that special in terms of tech. They're just normal racing engines. As I said, I hope F1 runs them after we end the current nightmare in 2020, but Merc will be a problem in getting there.

Renault too.

Top Bottom