• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

Can't watch...lack of Sunhi is killing me.

I haven't been able to watch any F1 this weekend, although Monaco is usually always a procession I still love watching the cars fly around that track. It's killing me not being able to watch the Indy 500 at home though, I'm currently dipping in and out of the stream on my phone and refreshing here for updates.

Aiii

So not worth it
I haven't been able to watch any F1 this weekend, although Monaco is usually always a procession I still love watching the cars fly around that track. It's killing me not being able to watch the Indy 500 at home though, I'm currently dipping in and out of the stream on my phone and refreshing here for updates.

Aside from the Wehrlein/Button crash there was literally nothing to gif anyways. :D

Pryce

Do your fucking job.
:) it's ok.

Holy shit that photographer.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
What happens then? Do they red flag the race until the storm passes? And if it doesn't pass, do they go with the result of the previous lap before the red flag?
After a certain distance has been passed, they'll call the race. They might postpone to another date if they haven't. The texas race last year was red flagged due to storms and resumed almost 2 months later.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

I wonder if he even saw it.

No worries, you can't be on it all the time!

Zaru

Alonso leading? Man, the Indy Car field is lacking.

I know little about oval racing, so I'm wondering what the benefit of being in the lead is (except on the final lap). Doesn't the lack of slipstream increase your fuel usage?

The stream I'm watching just switches to track audio during the commercials. It's actually pretty cool during the race, but I'm shocked how many breaks they do.

Draconian

The stream I'm watching just switches to track audio during the commercials. It's actually pretty cool during the race, but I'm shocked how many breaks they do.

Maybe they'll do enough during this red flag that we can watch the rest of it with minimal interruptions.

thefro

I think there's more since the ads are "side by side" most of the time with the race in a little window while the ads play.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I know little about oval racing, so I'm wondering what the benefit of being in the lead is (except on the final lap). Doesn't the lack of slipstream increase your fuel usage?

You're transferring and adapting your knowledge of the cycling omnium, aren't you??

That's what I do.

Patrick S.

Banned
HO-LEE-SHIT how is this guy still alive? Incredible. I've been totally shaken after seeing this. What a lucky guy that he didn't die today. Oh. my. God.

Alonso is a beast. Hope he shuts up Hamilton and Vettel who always enjoy snickering at him in the interviews. I bow my head to you, Fastlonso!

Commercials every couple of minutes is super annoying, is American TV always like that???? Shiiiiiiiiiit! At least the commercials are funnier than the boring German ones.

KdotIX

Will there be some highlights available at some point after the race? Really want to watch it but don't have BT Sport :(

Pryce

It's beneficial in terms of handing, but for the Indy 500 there's little unless it's late in the race. But yes, being in the slipstream increases your fuel mileage.

Merino

Just tuning in. What a horrific crash that looked like.

But it's actually happening isn't it? Alonso showing the world he is the very fucking best.

Pretty psyched for when they start racing again

h3ro

Alonso is a beast. Hope he shuts up Hamilton and Vettel who always enjoy snickering at him in the interviews. I bow my head to you, Fastlonso!

What?

Hamilton has been VERY vocal about what a shame it is that Fernando is stuck in a shit car.

Patrick S.

Banned
Man, that Dixon has all the chills. No fucks given. I couldn't be so understated even a week after that crash. Super corteous dude.

EBreda

I'm so glad there were no injuries. This was a horrible horrible horrible crash.

I was spectating in Las Vegas when Dan unfortunately passed away and it was the worst thing I've experienced expect for the death of close ones. The sound, the silence, the uncertainty, the commotion, everything was so overwhelming.

I'm really glad for Dixon and his family.

Patrick S.

Banned
What?

Hamilton has been VERY vocal about what a shame it is that Fernando is stuck in a shit car.

Really? That's cool, then. I remember I thought he was a bit too HA-HA! at Alonso in the last interview I saw, but if it's in good humour everything is cool :)

Top Bottom