• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Microsoft E3 Conference

if Sony announces the ps4 at 349$... oh boy...

How does anyone still believe either of these will be retailing for any less than $450?

The aggressive DRM and $499 price tag were just icing on the still XBL multiplayer/internet paywall and extreme overabundance of shooter focus. Only really interesting stuff is coming to PC as well, so pass.

Alchemy

Too expensive, and I didn't see anything that was really exclusive that I care about. Titan Fall looked awesome, but is headed to PC and 360 so I don't need an Xbone for it. Below looked pretty cool, but not $500 cool and might also be multiplatform (hearing echoes of a PC release).

Sunsent Overdrive and Quantum Break failed to actually show gameplay (though I am intrigued), Killer Instinct was never good to begin with (janky as fuck and the Xbone version looked no different), and Ryse was completely underwhelming. Plenty of visual set pieces but nothing about the gameplay looked interesting. I saw far too many button prompts pop up during the demo.

It would be a "solid" looking console if it wasn't for the price and overwhelmingly negative online and DRM features. The conference didn't blow me away like it needed to.

gabbo

So, no mirrors edge 2 (cboat wrong, banned?) no banjo, no rpgs, no crackdown, no price cut for 360, DRM, always online, and 500 bucks.

It was an okay conference. But, I wanted some variety and diversity. Disappointing.

Edit: and still no female protagonist. No beyond good and evil 2.. *sigh*

No mirrors edge, though that Insomniac game could be like a 3rd person mirrors.
No banjo, Withcer 3 is an rpg. Ryse could be a quick time event-rpg(?). No crackdown, price cut, drm talk, and yep $500 and a lot more pounts/euros.

That Max game could be fun, but aside from that and DR3 (which I'll get on pc down the road, and lol at a normal dude calling in air strikes), the only interesting thing I saw was the 1st person ejection seat sequence in Titanfall.

iEnUwopH4meEu.gif

lmao

Everything that I got excited for was multi-plat, and there's no way I'm throwing down 499 for an FPS machine with those kinds of game restrictions. I'm really hoping Sony brings it in theirs, otherwise I'm just sticking with PC.

mbmonk

Props to MS for bringing the games. I think the majority of them don't excite me, but I think MS did well overall.

Xbone is still 3rd on my list behind PC and PS4, but that wasn't going to change.

Extra points for hardly mentioning Kinect. Deduct points for $499 price point.

bndadm

If this conference wasn't saddled with so much baggage, it would have actually been pretty decent. Liked a lot of the trailers and gameplay shown, revolved a lot around games and no feature BS taking up half of the conference. A bit sparse on actual gameplay when compared with "in-engine graphics" and CG.

However, the price and all the DRM stuff made me really skeptical. I liked what I saw, but not enough to make me forget about these two aspects. Balls in Sony's court for now.

Yeah, it really is a shame. These reveals were not enough for me to overlook the larger issues, but I will be somewhat dissapointed to miss out on a few of the exclusives.

I thought it was a great conference, I don't consider myself a microsoft enthusiast and I usually find their conferences boring. They made good on their promise of games, and while I didn't care for most of their exclusive ip's they looked really good. I would have focused more on gameplay for some trailers but I think it was solid. The DRM stuff can be handled in interviews, I'd rather them focus on games than talk about DRM while in the spotlight.

Maybe I'm hard to please, but I thought it was pretty underwhelming. The only games to interest me were Quantum Break, Below and Dead Rising 3, they're definitely not enough to make me purchase the Xbox One though. They'll most likely end up on PC anyway.

Also, if we look at the 360's price point at release in Australia compared to the US, that would mean the Xbox One will be $750 here... No thanks.

RulkezX

An excellent conference , TitanFall looked great, really excited for DR3.

Wont play any of them at £439, utterly nonsensical price.

Tenrius

Despite a few technical hitches, they had a great conference. That said, the only exclusive I think I will really miss is Dead Rising 3, which looks fantastic. I also give them props for finally making Gold worth it and the new 360 looks nice as well. No way do I want the One, though.

None of those games were exclusive to Xbox One, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

imBask

Banned
Dead Rising was the hardest part for me, I love this franchise... and now it's all brown and serious... Where's the megaman hat and the borat swimsuit?

Brick

Wasn't Crackdown supposed to show up? Isn't that what they were teasing in the original unveiling for the XBone? I'm pretty bummed that it wasn't there...

Wolfie5

I really liked the pace of the conference. It was games, games, games. Looking at the exclusives, only Dead Rising 3(timed exclusive?) and Ryse were interesting for me. The other exclusives didn´t do much for me.

The other games(multistuff) looked great and most were 60fps, but they are also available elsewhere.

I had $449 on my Bingo card, but was expecting a lower price point due to some of the rumours today. $499 is way to high for a console in my opinion(including Kinect will do that I guess). Max should be $399.

Even if this thing didn´t have the DRM stuff, I still wouldn´t buy at this price for those games.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well it seems like everyone got what they want by making microsoft not show a single kinect game. Only thing Kinect got was some basic voice commands on Project Spark.

Personally I really wanted them to show one good Kinect game since its going to be included with every single last system out there. Right now it seems like Kinect might as well just be a simple microphone.

I'm impressed they didn't show call of duty or any EA in game sports games. Also they didn't do much with the kinect motion stuff, or even voice stuff. I'm glad they touched on smartglass a little bit. I would say Dead Rising, Killer Instinct, and the Halo teaser are the most exciting to me. $499 is not surprising, but it's too much for me. I will wait for a price drop if I even decide to purchase this anti-consumer machine.

Pistolero

Decent conference. I expected it to be better, but hey, it was quite good. Nothing impressive though, except for MGS5 and Quantum Break (if it's in-game; but I'm certain it's an i-engine cutscene = enhanced)...
Grade = B.

jWILL253

Banned
Seeing Insomniac make an exclusive Xbone game is gross to me. Fuck them for giving MS Sunset Overstrike while leaving PS users with Fuze...

Donos

Rather good conference from the games they showed. Hate how they present and speak. That trash talk at the Killer instinct fight was cringeworthy. Although they make the most money from them, MS needs more big non shooter games (killer instinct is not a "big" game for me anymore). How about an AAA first party RPG?

Price? Well you can always go lower but you can't announce a high price and make it more expensive when you see that you demanded to little.

Klocker

just watched it.... wow that was a great show.. no boring bullshit, few awkward demos...

Really fast and furious and all about the games

loves it Day 1

ms really rocked that show imho. with that lineup i just have to buy a xbox one.

Titanfall, Halo, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising - guess they are the deficits of the one worth it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Conference wasn't embarrassing, but there are literally zero exclusive games I gave a shit about. They needed to absolutely destroy it with must have exclusives for me to care, but as of right now this system is a definite pass.

Heysoos

Wellp, they sold me on it. The games looked great. All my friends are excited as shit. Guess I'm getting it. Price does seem a little steep though, still, not really a deal breaker for me.

faridmon

Also, where the fuck is Mirrors Edge 2?

I am actually sort of relieved, because no way would I have paid that exuberant price just for that game.

Patryn

Find it very interesting how they avoided much focus on the Kinect. Have they finally realized that the core is never going to embrace it?

Recon_NL

Banned
Conference was not bad, but those games had not a Next Gen feel. Some of those games looked really bad, with bad framerate and animation.

markao

Give them that it was about games and games only, price sounds on the high side of the spectrum (curious about availability of the box if no downclock) and were the fuck was EPIC?

DangerStepp

They brought the games like we always cry about wanting.

Some are for me, some aren't. Y'know, whatever.

That price isn't in my budget and I'm certain the PS4 won't be either. Will stick to PC until price drops.

So many fucking shooters. Jesus. Microsofts devs are bankrupt creatively.

Being a shooter doesn't automatically render a game creatively bankrupt. Titanfall is proof of that.

Overall, the conference was better then I expected. Emphasis was on games, they seemed to be appealing to a wide spectrum of customers, too. Nice to see Japanese titles get the spotlight shone on them(MGS5 looked fantastic).

Still, Titanfall's the only game I'm utterly sold on from that, and it's coming to PC, so it's all gravy baby!

Edit:
In-engine is the new bullshots of the next cycle.
Yep. They really should specify that it's the engine running on X1 hardware.

artist

Banned
What was the heckling to the BF4 presenter? Internet connection dropped off or something on those lines? Man, he was really pissed.

Top Bottom