• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Just hope its a good series. This year I don't feel nearly as attached to them winning as the last two years. I was elated to see Lebron get that first ring, and enjoyed the second as well in a non lockout season. At this point its just icing on the cake.

I just hope the games are close and entertaining. As long as I get that, Timmy can get #5 or Wade can get #4 and I won't even be mad.

nasax

It's cool to be a homer, but neither team is winning in 5. It's going 6 or 7 for sure.

I disagree with that. All games could be close and it's possible for one of the teams to win 4-1. Spurs and OKC went to 6 and every game except the last one was a blowout.

Saying that, Spurs in six.

Jon Armdog

Houston is a fucking mess. They have all the pieces to be a championship contender team but they need a coach who can make them play as a fucking team. McHale has to go. This dude has no balls. All he does is following Harden's command like a dog and let him do whatever he wants. Go watch the play Damion Lillard nailed the buzzer-beater. What kind of coach could allow possibly the worst defender of their team to adjust defensive strategy of what could be the last play of their season? Pathetic.

I definitely agree about McHale, he is not a very good coach. He seems in over his head most of the time, like he is struggling to keep his head above water in terms of player management and rotations. Its a tough spot for Houston though, because who can they get who is better? The good young coaches are taken, and the elite guys (Popovich, Carlisle, and Rivers) definitely aren't going anywhere. Although, McHale is making such poor decisions on the bench, maybe any mid-tier guy would be an improvement.

WoodWERD

Audio not so much. Yikes.

Sounds fine to me. China NBA-GAF: Can these games be found online soon after the fact? They all fall during my work hours except for game 7 :((( PM me if necessary.

/edit - Now I'm hearing the JVG cell phone break up a bit.

NBAgaf's custom built forum is almost complete, I'll share a link when it's up and running for longtime un-registered lurkers.

Until then PM me and I'll direct you to where the community up and went to.

Lakers brought in LaVine for a workout. wonder of that means they could be targeting him at 7. Gordon worked out too he's my top choice but will likely be gone.

Subitai

I think Spurs have a better chance of winning big tonight as they have been getting pushed since the Mavs series. Heat role players need to step up big on the road or it could get ugly.

Can't wait to see how Pop schemes and Spo counter counters.

I don't want Danny Green killing us from the arch anymore. Fuck that noise.

It's not only Danny Green anymore. The Spur have 6 players who are capable of hitting 3s, 7 if you count Tony Parker as well. It will be interesting to see how the Heat will cover the floor when Duncan has the ball and there're 3 shooters behind the arch.

My mom sent me this today:

2aTiOGI.jpg

A sprite can signed by Lebron that she won lol.

effzee

So clown shoes D12 is messing with 16 year olds SMH...

???

I don't want Danny Green killing us from the arch anymore. Fuck that noise.

Yeah and the thing is the Spurs are a better 3 point shooting team this year. If Miami isn't sharp, and they haven't been defensively until the final few minutes of games, Spurs are going to roast them from the 3.

Jesus, that's crazy. Every fucking state. It's hard to see the hate being in South Florida so I'm not sure who I would root for if I didn't live here.

Is it that the Heat are hated or the Spurs loved more?

Most of America is mad that a black player took his career in his own hands and left a city he was supposed to play for no matter what regardless of the talent level, FO, or coach. How dare Lebron decide for himself. Only white people are supposed to be able to use professional and social mobility.

Yea but it's true. Not you, i know you are from miami.

Who are you rooting for in this series? The Spurs?

Are you from SA? When did you start rooting for them? Who was their first ever coach?

Or could it be that when two teams make the finals and none of them are your teams, you just end up picking one to root for?

???

Yeah and the thing is the Spurs are a better 3 point shooting team this year. If Miami isn't sharp, and they haven't been defensively until the final few minutes of games, Spurs are going to roast them from the 3.

Most of America is mad that a black player took his career in his own hands and left a city he was supposed to play for no matter what regardless of the talent level, FO, or coach. How dare Lebron decide for himself . Only white people are supposed to be able to use professional and social mobility.

Who are you rooting for in this series? The Spurs?

Are you from SA? When did you start rooting for them? Who was their first ever coach?

Or could it be that when two teams make the finals and none of them are your teams, you just end up picking one to root for?

.... Serious....

Anyways.... Psyched! Just over 2 hours left

Jesus, that's crazy. Every fucking state. It's hard to see the hate being in South Florida so I'm not sure who I would root for if I didn't live here.

I can't think of a single team that more Americans would root against over the Heat.

Whatever, more salt for me and salt is a necessary component to a balanced diet.

If the Spurs win tonight game 2 is more important than any game ever played. Heat have lost the first game a number of times but they stay alive by winning game 2. That is the key to defeating them.

Fjordson

Lakers brought in LaVine for a workout. wonder of that means they could be targeting him at 7. Gordon worked out too he's my top choice but will likely be gone.
Just saw that he had a 46 inch vert on PTI. Insane.

He wasn't much at UCLA, though. Anyone who grabs him in the lottery is reaching imo.

Cipherr

Nooooooooooo haha, its definitely not that. The country doesnt give a fuck about the Spurs. This is all about hating the Heat. Look at the finals a few years ago when they played OKC.

JQwOtuB.png

Notice how only florida, and a state with very specific reasons for disliking OKC rooted for the heat?

Its a goddamned bandwagon. There are way more bandwagon Heat haters than bandwagon heat fans. It makes all the LLL stuff so ironic.

Nooooooooooo haha, its definitely not that. The country doesnt give a fuck about the Spurs. This is all about hating the Heat. Look at the finals a few years ago when they played OKC.

JQwOtuB.png

Notice how only florida, and a state with very specific reasons for disliking OKC rooted for the heat?

Its a goddamned bandwagon. There are way more bandwagon Heat haters than bandwagon heat fans. It makes all the LLL stuff so ironic.

You cant compared bandwagon haters to that. lol at that washington red part though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom