• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Scoring efficiency is kinda bullshit, remember when James Harden was leading the league in efficiency lol.
Efficient offenses don't happen by accident against modern defenses. The team gets lots of assists with a top3 assist:to ratio. That's crisp ball movement generating good looks. You're simply wrong on this one. PEACE.

bionic77

As a team though, in the HISTORY of the league? Stats don't back up your argument man, unfortunately.

That said, the Spurs are insanely good, gonna be extremely tough.
Rules have changed tremendously.

Somehow I feel there is less talent than there used to be. I mean the core of these Spurs are past their prime and have the best current team all it could handle last year and some are picking the Spurs in the rematch.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Lose-Lose for Lebron

Eitehr he stays in Cleveland and gets laughed at as the King of No Rings because his team was shit, no good free agent wants to move to Cleveland, and his asshole owner doesn't want to make competent moves.

Or he goes to a team with other good players and he's ring-chasing (although Bird had three other Hall of Famers in their primes, Magic had four other Hall of Famers in their primes, Jordan had two other Hall of Famers in their primes, and Kobe had one of the most dominant big men in the history of the game and once he lost him had a team that wasn't shit until he got another great big man in his semi-prime)

It was about how he did it! Had he signed with the Heat, gone there and kept his mouth shut he wouldn't have been thought of as an asshole. he also went to a team who already had someone who carried it to a ring by himself practically, That didn't help.

Also you can argue that those players became hall of fame players because of they played with Bird, Magic and Jordan. Cavs fucked up big time, but Lebron didn't help himself any by how acted.

They were messy the first year but then Riley got them a bench and everyone figured out their roles.

Bosh has been really good this year and last year but somehow no one has noticed. He was a complete mess the first year.

regular NBA watchers notice the dinosaur acquitted himself quite well in Miami's system and is probably the most clutch shooter on that team, along with Ray Allen. Hes won them multiple games with his shots.

PBY

Banned
Rules have changed tremendously.

Somehow I feel there is less talent than there used to be. I mean the core of these Spurs are past their prime and have the best current team all it could handle last year and some are picking the Spurs in the rematch.

I mean... Some of that is Duncan/parker/manu- but the roleplayers have played tremendously, and you're disregarding the athletic contributions of Leonard.

bionic77

regular NBA watchers notice the dinosaur acquitted himself quite well in Miami's system and is probably the most clutch shooter on that team, along with Ray Allen. Hes won them multiple games with his shots.
I agree 100%. Bosh and Allen are the guys you don't want to see take that last shot.

Bosh has been great on defense too and his midrange game is one of the best in the league. I think he is more valuable than Wade at this point.

bionic77

I mean... Some of that is Duncan/parker/manu- but the roleplayers have played tremendously, and you're disregarding the athletic contributions of Leonard.
Better Spurs team. 2003 or 2014?

I might be biased. Diaw plays big minutes for them and I think he is garbage. I lost respect for Lebron last year when for 2 games or so he somehow was afraid to attack Bosh. The dude has titties! Lebron finally murdered him in game 7 but that should have happened every game. It wasn't like it was Leonard slowing him down...

BadAss2961

Lol He had contract year Chandler,Marion giving a shit, JJ Barea, etc

Granted they're not all stars but still wayyy better than Lebron's Cavs supporting cast

Plus we had fucking Arroyo as our starting PG
Marion? Barrea? Pure role players. There was also Deshawn Stevenson, another straight up role player that fucked with LeBron's head. Jason Terry... You can compare him and Mo Williams. Then there was old man Jason Kidd.

Chandler i'll give you. He was huge, held the paint down on defense, but is still another role player that was just perfect to go up against Miami at the time.

I'd say Dirk did it with a pretty modest team. On paper, it doesn't blow away what Cleveland had at all. They just had the right kind of balance.

Lebron James like any NBA player reserves the right to shape their own destiny. Scream at him all you want but that doesn't change.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Better Spurs team. 2003 or 2014?

I might be biased. Diaw plays big minutes for them and I think he is garbage. I lost respect for Lebron last year when for 2 games or so he somehow was afraid to attack Bosh. The dude has titties! Lebron finally murdered him in game 7 but that should have happened every game. It wasn't like it was Leonard slowing him down...

This hurts my brain.

lupinko

Yes, Cleveland.. the place that hired Mike Brown twice and is a dying industrial city in the midwest, exact same thing as FUCKING MIAMI, South Beach and a HOF President and well regarded coach (SVG).

High levels of salt has been connected to brain issues, but I didn't think they onset so quickly.

You know no one was coming to Cleveland.

Svg? Since when did Spolestra lose his job?

bionic77

Marion? Barrea? Pure role players. There was also Deshawn Stevenson, another straight up role player that fucked with LeBron's head. Jason Terry... You can compare him and Mo Williams. Then there was old man Jason Kidd.

Chandler i'll give you. He was huge, held the paint down on defense, but is still another role player that was just perfect to go up against Miami at the time.

I'd say Dirk did it with a pretty modest team. On paper, it doesn't blow away what Cleveland had at all. They just had the right kind of balance.
Dirk was also a vet and had one of the best coaches in the league.

Spoelstra ain't no Popovitch or Phil Jackson. He is a good coach but not in their class.

andthebeatgoeson

I agree 100%. Bosh and Allen are the guys you don't want to see take that last shot.

Bosh has been great on defense too and his midrange game is one of the best in the league. I think he is more valuable than Wade at this point.
I would definitely want the new Heat built around Bron and Bosh. Wade is amazing still but unreliable for a whole season. Free up $10 million from his contact and you have better role players.

Basketball HoF. Everyone knows what I'm talking about, and admission isn't based solely on statistics. Relevance to the game weighs pretty heavily, which is what makes their hall so cool IMO. I can name a ton more basketball HoFers than in any other sport. PEACE.
Well, "ball no lie" isn't getting Rasheed into the hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgCbOx04wc

WWE parody of Lance Stephenson.

BpLQGL0IQAAz11C.jpg

Fjordson

So what's up with Anthony Davis being left off the all defensive teams? Led the league in blocks per game and was third in overall blocks despite missing a few weeks due to injury. Robbed!

:( Lakers already looked at 9 coaches for head job... Karl, Larry Brown and Skilles latest..

Sorry if old and don't know if there's a off season thread

Halcyon

Easily ... why is that a shock?

I had a healthy young Wade as a better player than LeBron for quite some time. Lebron used to just shoot shitty jumpers and dunk. Wade was explosive, shot a ridiculous high percentage, and lead his team to a championship.

People seem to forget this because he started getting hurt all the time.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I had a healthy young Wade as a better player than LeBron for quite some time. Lebron used to just shoot shitty jumpers and dunk. Wade was explosive, shot a ridiculous high percentage, and lead his team to a championship.

Too true. Wade was the more complete player faster. Being older and having college experienced definitely helped him over a teenage LeBron fresh outta high school. Plus Wade had Shaq taking a lot of pressure off him.

J2 Cool

2008 Wade was fucking God tier. He was like Raiden in ripper mode

It's a shame he didn't have a competitive team then. We missed out on a 2nd prime and captivating playoff performer. His game against Boston was a masterpiece. But if anyone means to say better better than modern Lebron not true.

Takuan

Healthy Wade was filthy. Dude was swatting centers under the rim constantly at 6'4"! Just watching the dude move around the court was a sight to behold; he makes the simplest things look nice as hell.

Even in his decrepit state, he's a baller fo' real.

For those in SA who want to get up close and personal with the Heat, they will be staying at the Eilan Hotel, which is right next to La Cantera Mall. They have chosen the nice hill country resort to reside at instead of downtown therefore their commute time to the arena will be about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. And I was thisclose to moving in there last fall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom