• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

22612806561_e4f0a0095c_o.png

21980432323_a33a0a6568_o.png

Halo 5 looks rough as hell in some of these shots. The poor IQ and lack of decent AF really ruins the presentation. Totally worth it for the framerate, of course, but I didn't expect it to look that bad.

Javin98

Banned
22612806561_e4f0a0095c_o.png

21980432323_a33a0a6568_o.png

Halo 5 looks rough as hell in some of these shots. The poor IQ and lack of decent AF really ruins the presentation. Totally worth it for the framerate, of course, but I didn't expect it to look that bad.
Was there an update for Driveclub that bumped the AF? I don't remember the road textures looking this sharp at the distance from the shots I've seen.

-griffy-

Banned

Wow, I was just glancing through this page and was certain these were two shots of the exact same area from the exact same game, before spotting the titles.

Was there an update for Driveclub that bumped the AF? I don't remember the road textures looking this sharp at the distance from the shots I've seen.

I don't see how you could possibly tell either way from these shots, the road is completely blurred from motion blur to the point you can't perceive texture filtering anyways.

Dibils2k

in screenshots for sure.. but majority of the campaign levels are spectacular and in motion you dont see the drawbacks for the 60fps as much

TheJoRu

WVW69ihtNVwB0XvngM

WVW69ihuWb8nNzXiDL

Sorry for the low Miiverse-quality, should definitely get a capture card so I can get better screenshots. But I think these at least show off the great art direction.

Awesome shots! And yeah, those are some damn good looking cement bags.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69ihtNVwB0XvngM

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69ihuWb8nNzXiDL

Sorry for the low Miiverse-quality, should definitely get a capture card so I can get better screenshots. But I think these at least show off the great art direction.
They still look good! I really like this game's aesthetic. It reminds me a lot of LBP.

Synth

Because bike games are supposed to be focused on bikes. But bikes look better in DivreClub...

It's a pretty generic thing though... anything you could apply to modelling accurate cars would benefit bikes also, and any scenery and graphical features of Driveclub are just as valid for one as they are they other... I can't see how it's surprising or strange at all. I mean, I could understand if we were talking fighter planes or something, as then the scope of what's being drawn would change substantially.... but not bikes... that's just automatically saying that if you don't look better than Driveclub as a racer, then you should be ashamed. If a bike game looked better than Driveclub bikes... then it's probably look better than Driveclub period, if it added cars.

DOWN

Banned
It's a pretty generic thing though... anything you could apply to modelling accurate cars would benefit bikes also, and any scenery and graphical features of Driveclub are just as valid for one as they are they other... I can't see how it's surprising or strange at all. I mean, I could understand if we were talking fighter planes or something, as then the scope of what's being drawn would change substantially.... but not bikes... that's just automatically saying that if you don't look better than Driveclub as a racer, then you should be ashamed. If a bike game looked better than Driveclub bikes... then it's probably look better than Driveclub period, if it added cars.
Dog chill, he is just saying it is impressive that an arcade car only game was able to become the prettiest bike game by doing an expansion. It's a cool thing that they unexpectedly took on Bikes with the game and they did a good job in a way that pleases us graphic whores beyond what bike games have ever done

SystemBug

Dog chill, he is just saying it is impressive that an arcade car only game was able to become the prettiest bike game by doing an expansion. It's a cool thing that they unexpectedly took on Bikes with the game and they did a good job in a way that pleases us graphic whores beyond what bike games have ever done

sure yeah but driveclub also had a larger budget than those other games and it kind of throws them under the bus for making a game for a particularly niche market

Synth

I am chill. I just thought it was a weird thing to say, and just followed up on my first post with my reasoning. Nothing much meant by it.

Reallink

in screenshots for sure.. but majority of the campaign levels are spectacular and in motion you dont see the drawbacks for the 60fps as much

Maybe if you're sitting too far away from a ~350 motion resolution LCD, but it looks every bit as bad as the stills to me. Primary issues are the vast majority of the time it seems to employ the near 720p equivalent resolutions, which coupled with the bi/trilinear filtering, looks really bad. I'm not going to take a dump on on 343, cause I understand it looks like this due to 4 player characters running around, at 60fps, but lets not sugar coat the game looks like dog shit. MCC Halo 4 is a much better looking game, though it's obviously doing a lot less.

Mufc1427

Maybe if you're sitting too far away from a ~350 motion resolution LCD, but it looks every bit as bad as the stills to me. Primary issues are the vast majority of the time it seems to employ the near 720p equivalent resolutions, which coupled with the bi/trilinear filtering, looks really bad. I'm not going to take a dump on on 343, cause I understand it looks like this due to 4 player characters running around, at 60fps, but lets not sugar coat the game looks like dog shit. MCC Halo 4 is a much better looking game, though it's obviously doing a lot less.
Halo 4 and halo 5 look very similar. Halo 5 visuals are decent for being a 60fps game.

SystemBug

lol the game doesn't look like dogshit.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It is not 720p the vast majority of the time. It's more like 900p-1080p for >70% of the time.
It does not have dog shit graphics.
Thank fuck for the ignore feature.

DOWN

Banned
Halo 5 is quite underwhelming graphically, but that's not to say it isn't pretty. The cost of 60fps puts it up to speed for where people seem to like FPS performance (oddly even in single player) but behind the graphical fidelity of beasts at 30fps.

It is not 720p the vast majority of the time. It's more like 900p-1080p for >70% of the time.
It does not have dog shit graphics.
Thank fuck for the ignore feature.
Nah, pretty sure Digital Foundry said its most frequently around 812p and the only times he could get it to hit 1080 were a few rare times when he tried looking in certain spots of the sky.

Noobcraft

Nah, pretty sure Digital Foundry said its most frequently around 812p and the only times he could get it to hit 1080 were a few rare times when he tried looking in certain spots of the sky.
It most frequently sits around 1344x1080 in campaign according to df.

That's roughly 1,451,520 pixels on screen, which is slightly over 900p in terms of pixels being drawn.

Honestly I'm finding it pretty easy to get this game to look like film real photography imo

Not difficult with most games in greyscale.

And btw, I can't remember if the photo mode has a sharpen option, but if you are touching stuff up they really have no place in this thread, disclaimer or not.

Top Bottom