• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Caayn

Was there an update for Driveclub that bumped the AF? I don't remember the road textures looking this sharp at the distance from the shots I've seen.
Launch period, before the weather update iirc. Don't remember the exact version.

Gameplay - Launch version - JPG said:
driveclubnormalcaaynnouwj.png
Photo mode - Launch version - JPG said:

Here's the same spot, but with the current version (1.23) of Driveclub.
Gameplay - version 1.23 - PNG said:
Photo mode - version 1.23 - PNG said:

I don't see an AF improvement in gameplay between the launch version and the current version of the game. Photomode however does seem to have gotten a slight AF bump.

shmoglish

driveclub_201510301652nqwl.png

driveclub_20151030163l6off.png

WVW69ihtNVwB0XvngM

WVW69ihuWb8nNzXiDL

Sorry for the low Miiverse-quality, should definitely get a capture card so I can get better screenshots. But I think these at least show off the great art direction.

I didn't want to buy many games this month,but yoshi looks so good and at the moment I play every jump and Run I can get my hands on...

Noobcraft

Halo 5 screenshots are really unflattering.
Lots of shots from games in this thread aren't really flattering. The Nathan Drake Collection doesn't look very great but that doesn't (and shouldn't) stop people from posting pictures of it. It's not about posting pretty screenshots, it's about sharing bits of your experiences with others.

stryke

Lots of shots from games in this thread aren't really flattering. The Nathan Drake Collection doesn't look very great but that doesn't (and shouldn't) stop people from posting pictures of it. It's not about posting pretty screenshots, it's about sharing bits of your experiences with others.

I honestly don't understand where you're trying to go with this. Is this some sort of UnchartedToo™? I didn't say people should stop posting pics of Halo and not sure how you interpreted that way.

He gave his opinion. Don't know what is wrong with that.

Noobcraft

I honestly don't understand where you're trying to go with this. Is this some sort of UnchartedToo™? I didn't say people should stop posting pics of Halo and not sure how you interpreted that way.
I was just trying to make a point that all games should be equally eligible to have a place in this thread. It gets kind of old seeing the same games posted over and over, and when people provide negative feedback by posting things like "wow this game didn't age well at all" or "wow that looks rough" it encourages people not to post more of their shots from other games.

I feel like there's an emphasis in this thread on posting the best picture you possibly can rather than posting pictures (i.e. trophy pictures, actual gameplay) that you might be proud of.

Caayn

destinycaayn0mpu0t.png

destinycaayn010lu1i.png

I feel like there's an emphasis in this thread on posting the best picture you possibly can rather than posting pictures (i.e. trophy pictures, actual gameplay) that you might be proud of.
That's why I always post gameplay shots, to counter the amount of photo mode ;) But to each their own, everyone in here is free to post what they want and prefer what they want.

stryke

I was just trying to make a point that all games should be equally eligible to have a place in this thread. It gets kind of old seeing the same games posted over and over, and when people provide negative feedback by posting things like "wow this game didn't age well at all" or "wow that looks rough" it encourages people not to post more of their shots from other games.

Well, as long as critiquing is allowed, that's what I'm going to do. Not my problem if people feel discouraged from posting more pics.

Speaking of the "best picture" part of what you said, I don't particularly disagree. In fact I'm of the opinion photo mode that turns iq improvements to 11 should go but I know that discussion's been had here many times.

Javin98

Banned
Launch period, before the weather update iirc. Don't remember the exact version.

Here's the same spot, but with the current version (1.23) of Driveclub.

I don't see an AF improvement in gameplay between the launch version and the current version of the game. Photomode however does seem to have gotten a slight AF bump.
Ah, thanks for the comparisons. It could be just me, but some of the shots here seem to show a decent level of AF on the road textures.

Shin-Ra

Not entirely to my liking artistically but the Skylanders devs have been doing great work on the tech side since launch.

Synth

According to digital foundry, it rarely if ever hits 1080p. Your claim is wrong.

Between 900-1080p > 70% of the time, isn't the same thing as 1080p > 70% of the time...

If I say most games score between 65 and 100 on metacritic, I wouldn't be wrong because literally nothing has ever scored 100... I'd only be wrong if most games scored sub-65.

With that said, Halo 5's IQ does stand out to me more during gameplay than the average 900p game does. I don't usually notice 900p, but notice IQ issues in Halo 5 routinely.

Noobcraft

With that said, Halo 5's IQ does stand out to me more during gameplay than the average 900p game does. I don't usually notice 900p, but notice IQ issues in Halo 5 routinely.
I think it's mostly shadow dithering and lack of AF that hurt H5 the most. Motion blur+60fps hide a lot of that though.

Top Bottom