• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_rocca42

Need to start 2 out of these three: Carlos Hyde, latavius Murray, or deandre Hopkins. I'm leaning toward Hyde and Hopkins. Any thoughts on why I should put Murray in?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Need to start 2 out of these three: Carlos Hyde, latavius Murray, or deandre Hopkins. I'm leaning toward Hyde and Hopkins. Any thoughts on why I should put Murray in?

id go murray and hopkins

im not much of a fan of hyde. had him last year...just never saw too many flashes fo greatness. hopefully hes able to spread his wings and show off this season. live up to the hype.

murray is just more proven and experienced imo. cooper might be able to get the ball down field but murray will be the one rushing it in.

PPR, Flex spot. Choices:

• John Brown, WR, ARI vs. NO (Michael Floyd allegedly out. If he's confirmed out I'm starting him him.)
  • Ameer Abdullah, RB, Det vs. SD
  • Stevie Johnson, WR, SD vs Det

Additionally, I have Nelson Agholor starting at WR, can swap any of those out and switch it around. Currently leaning towards John Brown there.

Additionally, Floyd is an FA in my league, should I drop Victor Cruz (apparntly out 4 games) for Floyd? Drafted Floyd last year as my #2 or #3 WR and was burned by him so not really in love iwth him.

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Spending it already on a backup TE is not a top priority unless it's literally a $2 bid at max.

But Gates is not a backup TE. I mean, if Allen works out, great. But there's at least a 50% chance Allen is stuck in TE2 ville and starting Week 5 Gates is back to being Rivers most trusted receiver. (Last season: 821yds, 12TD) He's not dead, he's not retired, and he's getting 5 weeks of rest. Sure he's not going to be top 3 anytime soon, but I feel very confident that he's at least TE10 when he gets back.

Whether TE10 is worth 9 FAAB dollars is the real question.

And I hear you on the lottery tickets, but honestly the high value tickets are all going too soon in ADP this year. The only guys left to gamble on are the longshots; Karlos Williams, Jonathan Grimes, and so on. I think the only ticket I own is Cobb, and of course he had to go on IR.

I'd go Murray & Hopkins here. Consensus seems to be that you'll get a more reliable work load out of Latavius Murray than Carlos Hyde. If it's PPR, then I'd definitely go Murray > Hyde. If it's standard, then it's a little closer for Hyde, but not by much.

Hopkins is a no brainer. Guy has WR1 upside this year and looks like a stud.

Julius Thomas just went to waivers. My TE right now is Delanie Walker with no backups. Do you think he's worth a pickup? I'm not too hot on the Titans right now. My bench is currently Giovani Bernard, Alex Smith, Roddy White, Markus Wheaton, Terrance Williams, David Cobb. I don't think it's worth holding onto Cobb since he's going to be out until week 10.

Drop Cobb. Don't consider starting Julius Thomas but you'd rather hold onto an injured Julius Thomas (for 3, 4 weeks) than an injred David Cobb considering Cobb is on IR.

spyder_ur

Brady or Roethlisberger?

Steelers D is questionable to me with the CB situation so I'm leaning to Tommy.

Brady for me.

PPR, Flex spot. Choices:

• John Brown, WR, ARI vs. NO (Michael Floyd allegedly out. If he's confirmed out I'm starting him him.)
  • Ameer Abdullah, RB, Det vs. SD
  • Stevie Johnson, WR, SD vs Det

Additionally, I have Nelson Agholor starting at WR, can swap any of those out and switch it around. Currently leaning towards John Brown there.

Additionally, Floyd is an FA in my league, should I drop Victor Cruz (apparntly out 4 games) for Floyd? Drafted Floyd last year as my #2 or #3 WR and was burned by him so not really in love iwth him.

Brown and Abdullah, though I am not rational about John Brown at this point - way too invested but I love everything I hear.

I'm not in love with Floyd (partially due to my John Brown obsession) but Cruz is droppable in any format, in my opinion. Would probably do it.

Hopkins for sure and I would go Murray. I'm worried SF might be a dumpster fire.

Drop Cobb. Don't consider starting Julius Thomas but you'd rather hold onto an injured Julius Thomas (for 3, 4 weeks) than an injred David Cobb considering Cobb is on IR.

Yeah, I wasn't considering starting Thomas over Walker. I just thought he'd be a nice backup over the other players on waivers. For some reason people are hoarding TEs in my league. One guy has 3 on his team. It'd be nice if Thomas came back before Walker's bye week 4.

Yeah, I wasn't considering starting Thomas over Walker. I just thought he'd be a nice backup over the other players on waivers. For some reason people are hoarding TEs in my league. One guy has 3 on his team. It'd be nice if Thomas came back before Walker's bye week 4.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The feast or famine of tight ends means that its likely most of his will bust, and even if they don't, that's 3 spots on TE (a fairly limited play on the average fantasy roster) that he can't spend elsewhere. FA pickups should be about value, and if somebody is sucking up all the TE value, that just means there should be more RB/WR value to look at instead.

methane47

Need some help Gaf

So I'm playing in a 14 team league on Yahoo FF.
Almost Standard Scoring (no PPR)

And i'm getting a trade offer to give me Charles for Julio

So Julio, Tre -> Jamaal and Sammy

I'm reluctant because I feel i don't have a strong enough WR
He's trying to sweeten the deal by offering Sammy Watkins for Tre Mason
But I'm not sure if that makes my situation any better honestly.

This is my current situation
Starters
QB Philip Rivers vs. Det QB #16
RB Frank Gore at Buf RB #14
RB Latavius Murray vs. Cin RB #16
WR Julio Jones vs. Phi WR #1
WR Amari Cooper vs. Cin WR #16
TE Rob Gronkowski vs. Pit TE #1
FLX Eric Decker vs. Cle WR #38
K Dan Bailey vs. NYG K #2
DST Cincinnati Bengalsat Oak DST #5

Bench
QB Jay Cutler vs. GB QB #18
RB LeGarrette BlountS vs. Pit NR
RB Tre MasonQ vs. Sea RB #38
WR Tyler Lockett at StL WR #64
TE Ladarius GreenQ vs. Det TE #14
DST St. Louis Rams vs. Sea DST #11

im not much of a fan of hyde. had him last year...just never saw too many flashes fo greatness. hopefully hes able to spread his wings and show off this season. live up to the hype.

murray is just more proven and experienced imo. cooper might be able to get the ball down field but murray will be the one rushing it in.

Having him last year isn't saying much, as Niners were committed to using Gore last year even when Hyde was running well in relief.

Murray didn't do that much outside of that one big game against KC, so proven is relative. He's shown to be able to rip off longer runs, but Hyde looks to be the type of back who needs more touches to get going, and he's going to get those touches.

Excited about the two new backs on the Bay Area teams, but I'd take Hyde over Murray for the season and beyond.

Hugstable

Banned
Man I really need to find a group or register early next year for Fantasy Football, kinda just got into it recently after checking it out since I had never really known much about Fantasy Football before. Got into 2 leagues today on ESPN, but it seems in both the 10 man league groups I entered most of the people didn't show up to the draft or anything -__-. Oh well, will be a fun experience this year at least, even if half of the other teams are all straight auto picked haha.

GrapeApes

Need some help Gaf

I'd make that trade. My guess is you are getting the higher draft positions in this trade. Both Charles and Watkins went before Julio and Mason. Plus Mason is a little injured right now and going to be in a timeshare when Gurley gets cleared. Your recievers won't be the greatest but you only need to start 2 every week. Just roll with 3 RBs each week.

methane47

I'd make that trade. My guess is you are getting the higher draft positions in this trade. Both Charles and Watkins went before Julio and Mason. Plus Mason is a little injured right now and going to be in a timeshare when Gurley gets cleared. Your recievers won't be the greatest but you only need to start 2 every week. Just roll with 3 RBs each week.

Hmmm,
Thanks for the input.... i'll go for it.

Need some help Gaf

I'm reluctant because I feel i don't have a strong enough WR
He's trying to sweeten the deal by offering Sammy Watkins for Tre Mason
But I'm not sure if that makes my situation any better honestly.

This is my current situation
Starters
RB Latavius Murray vs. Cin RB #16
WR Julio Jones vs. Phi WR #1
FLX Eric Decker vs. Cle WR #38

Bench
QB Jay Cutler vs. GB QB #18
RB LeGarrette BlountS vs. Pit NR
RB Tre MasonQ vs. Sea RB #38
WR Tyler Lockett at StL WR #64
TE Ladarius GreenQ vs. Det TE #14
DST St. Louis Rams vs. Sea DST #11

I think I'd make that trade, as much as I'd hate to loose Julio Jones. It's non-PPR so RBs have more value in your league than WRs do and so your lineup could be:

Starters
RB Jamaal Charles vs. Cin RB #16
WR Sammy Watkins vs. Phi WR #1

FLX Latavius Murray vs. Cle WR #38

And you'd have Decker coming off the bench for Watkins and Cooper, or Decker starting for Cooper, etc.

You're going to loose out on the huge upside of Julio Jones... He's got the ability to put up crazy points in a given week, and Watkins, Cooper, and Decker won't do that, but having Gore, Charles, and Murray as your 1,2,3, RB would definitely be the top 3 RBs in a 14 team league. You could even consider trading Murray (or Gore) + Decker (or Cooper) for a more elite WR like a Deandre Hopkins or Emmanuel Sanders... Then you'd have a very balancd offense.

Man... 14 team league with Murray, Gore, Charles, and Gronk is pretty devestating. You've got 3 RB1s, 1 TE1 (the best in football), and then some very solid WRs... Cooper, Watkins, and Decker aren't studs, but they can all produce points this year even if their teams are garbage.

Tre Mason, IMO, is an after thought. He's fine but not a significant loss. Maybe he'll have some breakout year, but I doubt it... They drafted Todd Gurley who is hurt but will likely play, they have Benny Cunningham behind Mason, and there isn't a big talent gap between any of those guys.

12 Man PPR

Current Lineup:

Eli Manning
Eddie Lacey
Andre Ellington
Emmanuel Sanders
Davante Adams
Jason Witten
Vincent Jackson
Vikings D/ST
Hauschka

Bench:

Melvin Gordon
Teddy Bridgewater
David Cobb
Roddy White
Doug Baldwin
Stevie Johnson
Danny Amendola

So how fucked am I here?

I picked up Danny Amendola because of how well he did last post season and because LaFell is out for the first half. Anyone else stash him away in case he starts producing?

Last second question. Should I start Wheaton, Blue, or John Brown at flex? I like Brown and Wheaton's match ups more but neither are the #1 WR's(at least Brown isn't yet) while it's hard to pass up on Blue just because he'll be a starting RB.

Last second question. Should I start Wheaton, Blue, or John Brown at flex? I like Brown and Wheaton's match ups more but neither are the #1 WR's(at least Brown isn't yet) while it's hard to pass up on Blue just because he'll be a starting RB.

If you believe in the Steelers tonight, Wheaton is a good move. Blue is the safe, expect some yards move, and Brown is the "assume Palmer throws deep" move. I would agree that Blue is going to be highest ranked, so that's your move.

Is there a mobile (or desktop) application where you can plug in your fantasy players and get the point totals based on one or more of the point systems typically used?

Wheaton is in, man I'm feeling pretty nervous about this. Blue just feels so much safer and Brown has more upside with his big play potential. But I'm feeling like I'm doing this in the moment because it's the first game of the year and I'm watching it. If I'm going to change my mind I have like 2 minutes now lol.

EDIT: I took Wheaton back out, then decided to put him back in and it was too late. I hope he doesn't have something like 7-105 for 1 TD or I'm really going to regret it. Only a big game by Brown or Blue(depending on which I decide to start) will make up for it.

natjjohn

Blind bids out of what pool though? Your FAAB budget? If that's the case I would probably bid the whole thing. For the first pick in every round?

Yeah, first time I have heard of something like that.

Whatever you want to spend. There's a minimum bid, but no max. It's all mental of where you want to draft and what you think it will cost to get there.

In a couple leagues like this. In this one particular, has a "curse of the first" as first pick has never won. Last has though. Free agency costs money as well. If more than one team wants the same player, then it's blind bid to determine who gets them. Love it!

Milabrega

David Cobb

Cobb is out atleast half the season I think, may want to drop him and pick up another rookie lottery ticket who could produce that may be on Waivers, like Philip Dorsett, Tyler Locket, Funchess. I doubt they are there but you should have David Johnson your hand cuff, or Matt Jones the Washington rookie who may get the workload Helu was getting there behind Alfred Morris. Sell high on the trade market Roddy White or Amendola if they start off the season hot.

UberTag

EDIT: I took Wheaton back out, then decided to put him back in and it was too late. I hope he doesn't have something like 7-105 for 1 TD or I'm really going to regret it. Only a big game by Brown or Blue(depending on which I decide to start) will make up for it.
Man... Game 1 of the regular season and you're already tormenting yourself with the In-Out lineup flip-flopping at kickoff and inevitable regret cycle.
Are you sure you're up for this? This ride goes all the way through late December.

Man... Game 1 of the regular season and you're already tormenting yourself with the In-Out lineup flip-flopping at kickoff and inevitable regret cycle.
Are you sure you're up for this? This ride goes all the way through late December.

This is my 3rd year, I haven't been around that long but I've gone through this plenty already. 1st year I didn't know much. Last year I had my starting line up set at the beginning of the season. This year I feel like I have many options at the flex spot at the beginning of the season. As soon as Blue becomes useless to me, Martavis Bryant is back. If both guys have a break out year and Randle/McFadden remain in a committee then this year is going to be kind of stressful for me lol.

Koko

Banned
First time playing Fantasy. I'm in a small league with some friends (8). We did our draft earlier today this how my team end up being.

QB: M. Ryan
RB: E. Lacy
RB: C. Anderson
WR: E. Sanders
WR. J. Jones
TE: M. Bennet
W/R: L. Miller
K: A. Vinatieri
DEF: Jets

Bench: T. Romo, T. Coleman. T. Yeldon, K. Allen, Z. Ertz, Rams DEF.

I'm kind of confident with the team, but any advice would be welcome.

First time playing Fantasy. I'm in a small league with some friends (8). We did our draft earlier today this how my team end up being.

QB: M. Ryan
RB: E. Lacy
RB: C. Anderson
WR: E. Sanders
WR. J. Jones
TE: M. Bennet
W/R: L. Miller
K: A. Vinatieri
DEF: Jets

Bench: T. Romo, T. Coleman. T. Yeldon, K. Allen, Z. Ertz, Rams DEF.

I'm kind of confident with the team, but any advice would be welcome.

8 team league is basically allstars everywhere. Your problem every week will just be whom to start, so I recommend finding a site you like and going with their weekly ratings + your own intuition.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I managed to snag Gronk in my league this year. Is he going to get any points for that fumble recovery, even though it wasn't a TD?

Playing in a Yahoo league.

QP3

So, I managed to snag Gronk in my league this year. Is he going to get any points for that fumble recovery, even though it wasn't a TD?

Check your league scoring settings. I dou t he will but I don't use Yahoo.

In Yahoo leagues, yeah that usually is +2pts for a Fumble Recovery. Of course Yahoo scoring is having various bug problems right now so its listing him as having 4 TDs (one being the fumble recovery TD) but that will be taken away tonight sometime.

Duress

I had Tom Brady starting, and Yahoo messages me that he's not starting. Switch to Roethisberger and now have garbage points. Thanks Yahoo.

Macattk15

Standard.

Do I start the Broncos D/ST or do I go with the Buccaneer's D/ST because they are playing the shitty Titans?

Also have Delanie Walker and Tyler Eifert .... some people are hyping up Eifert to me ... but I think I'm safer with Walker (even though the Titans suck).

Koko

Banned
8 team league is basically allstars everywhere. Your problem every week will just be whom to start, so I recommend finding a site you like and going with their weekly ratings + your own intuition.

That makes sense. I took a look at the other teams and yeah everyone is packed one way or another.

My workplace just had a draft party with around ten people...I signed up but I litearlly had no idea what I was doing. I was also last in picks.

Team?
Tom Brady
Mark Ingram
Alfred Morris
Jarius Wright
Alshon Jeffery
Crockett Gillmore
Marcus Mariota
Chris Ivory
Keenan Allen
Amari Cooper
Zach Ertz
Matt Bryant
and Denvers D

I don't really watch NFL.... like at all. But I would like to win some money

My first year was a 8 man league. I really enjoyed it but I wasn't as into it as I was last year when I was pretty much addicted to it. Basically it wasn't challenging. I drafted a all star team, and so did everybody else. I didn't make many moves and I didn't have to. I just needed to make sure to switch guys out during a bye week and I coasted to the #1 seed in my league with a 9-4 record.

Last year my league expanded to 12 teams and that was a wake up call for me as I realized I wouldn't be able to get away with such little effort again. So I went in hard and realized I loved it. Which isn't a surprise because I'm been a huge football fan since I was a little kid.

As for advice, their really isn't that much to say in a 8 man league. You have a star studded line up and so does your opponent every week. Just play them and see what happens. Some guys will emerge throughout the season like Antonio Brown two years ago or Jeremy Hill last year. Just gotta be ready to get them if they're a better option than your current players.

Gronk is destroying me right now. And I have Ben. Sigh.

I have a guy in my league that has the Gronk/Brady combo on his team. It was a very very good night for him. He basically has game one wrapped up unless his opponents players can also have big games this weekend.

My workplace just had a draft party with around ten people...I signed up but I litearlly had no idea what I was doing. I was also last in picks.

Team?
Tom Brady
Mark Ingram
Alfred Morris
Jarius Wright
Alshon Jeffery
Crockett Gillmore
Marcus Mariota
Chris Ivory
Keenan Allen
Amari Cooper
Zach Ertz
Matt Bryant
and Denvers D

I don't really watch NFL.... like at all. But I would like to win some money
You will not be making any money.

K.Sabot

I thought I would feel not confirming Edelman for this week in my starters a lot more, but thankfully my Gronk 1st round pick and Brady 5th round pick came through.

Gonna be a fun year with so many pats on my team, less games to watch lol.

oh also my net was on the fritz during the draft so I drafted via the phone with my brother lol, real fortunate year for me so far.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Forgot to post, but here's my team for the league I'm in. First year I haven't had an elite WR on my team, but I did snag Gronk and Peyton.

c05eJPr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom