• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think I got the worst possible draft

Peyton Manning
Demarco Murray
Jimmy Graham
Jason Witten
Jordy Nelson
Kevin Benjamin
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Todd Gurley
Arian Foster
Martavis Bryant
Matthew Stafford
Devin Funchess
Graham Gano
Connor Barth

Miami
Buffalo

UberTag

I would like to think I got the worst possible draft

Peyton Manning
Demarco Murray
Jimmy Graham
Jason Witten
Jordy Nelson
Kevin Benjamin
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Todd Gurley
Arian Foster
Martavis Bryant
Matthew Stafford
Devin Funchess
Graham Gano
Connor Barth

Miami
Buffalo
This was auto-drafted for you, right?

One of the leagues I'm playing in this year is... interesting. 2 QBs and 3 WRs, 10 man league. I had the first pick and I think I did alright overall, especially compared to some of the other teams. I'll have to get rid of Cobb now, but I'm not too worried about my RBs anyway.

QB1 Russell Wilson
QB2 Ryan Tannehill
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Golden Tate
WR3 Allen Robinson
RB1 Adrian Peterson
RB2 Mark Ingram
TE Delanie Walker
FLEX T.J. Yeldon
K Justin Tucker
DEF Seattle

Bench:
Giovani Bernard
Alex Smith
Roddy White
Markus Wheaton
Terrance Williams
David Cobb

I'm probably going to roll with this lineup on week 1.

16 team league Ppr is 0.5 for my wr 3 should I start Terrance williams (Dallas) or Tyler Lockett rookie (Seattle) I think he might be returning kicks? And we do get some points for for that

In a different league

Shane vereen or Dion Lewis?

ACE 1991

Reposting here:

Was going to start Ameer Abdullah at the flex spot this week, but I just read that he's listed as the 3rd string RB, so I don't think he's going to get very many (if any at all) touches this weekend. Should I start either Charles Johnson or James Jones instead? If so, which?

UberTag

Reposting here:

Was going to start Ameer Abdullah at the flex spot this week, but I just read that he's listed as the 3rd string RB, so I don't think he's going to get very many (if any at all) touches this weekend. Should I start either Charles Johnson or James Jones instead? If so, which?
Charles Johnson should be a reliable spot starter for you this weekend.
Plus, it'll be exciting if you're down in your matchup heading into the late game on Monday night.

ACE 1991

Charles Johnson should be a reliable spot starter for you this weekend.
Plus, it'll be exciting if you're down in your matchup heading into the late game on Monday night.

Thanks for the input! I'm excited to see Matthews hit it big for me and for the Eagles against ATL.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Russell Wilson
Antonio brown
Randall Cobb
Chris ivory
Cj spiller
Jeremy maclin flex
Greg Olsen
Vinnatierri

12 man standard. Got Alfred blue, denard Robinson, Shane vereen, Andre williams.

Hate my RBs.

ACE 1991

Russell Wilson
Antonio brown
Randall Cobb

Chris ivory
Cj spiller
Jeremy maclin flex
Greg Olsen
Vinnatierri

12 man standard. Got Alfred blue, denard Robinson, Shane vereen, Andre williams.

Hate my RBs.

Damn, that is a NICE set of WRs though. I have Cobb as well, albeit paired with Matthews.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn, that is a NICE set of WRs though. I have Cobb as well, albeit paired with Matthews.

Yeah I love my WR, I think maclin will be fine in kc, Greg Olsen set for a monster year. I'm contemplating picking up Marvin Jones for spot starts don't know who to drop.

ACE 1991

Yeah I love my WR, I think maclin will be fine in kc, Greg Olsen set for a monster year. I'm contemplating picking up Marvin Jones for spot starts don't know who to drop.

Didn't even notice you had Maclin! Yeah, you'll get some serious points there. Did you decide to opt for going WR in the first few rounds?

12-team standard with $60 buy in. I think I did ok, about average?

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
WR1: Randall Cobb
WR2: Golden Tate
WR3: Eric Decker
RB1: Eddie Lacy
RB2: Matt Forte
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF: Denver
K: Justin Tucker

BENCH:
Arian Foster
Philip Rivers
Roddy White
Devin Funchess
Kendall Wrigh

Sumidor

16 team league Ppr is 0.5 for my wr 3 should I start Terrance williams (Dallas) or Tyler Lockett rookie (Seattle) I think he might be returning kicks? And we do get some points for for that

In a different league

I'd go Williams. Lockett has looked impressive, but pre-season means very little. Of course, if he IS returning kicks and punts, he could be worth it. I could see the Rams punting a lot.

As for the other one, I'd go Vereen. I never trust Patriots RBs. Vereen has an established role and should get a 5-10 touches. Lewis... Who knows. He might get you 200 yards and 5 touchdowns, or nothing at all.

12-team standard with $60 buy in. I think I did ok, about average?

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
WR1: Randall Cobb
WR2: Golden Tate
WR3: Eric Decker
RB1: Eddie Lacy
RB2: Matt Forte
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF: Denver
K: Justin Tucker

BENCH:
Arian Foster
Philip Rivers
Roddy White
Devin Funchess
Kendall Wrigh

As a fellow owner, I like the Foster pickup. What round did you manage to get him in?

FTF

So need recommendations on either Sammy Watkins or Charles Johnson as my WR3 this week in a ppr league? (Julio and Alshon are my other starting WRs and Gronk is my TE)

Badosh

Doug Baldwin, James Jones or Dorial Green-Beckham for my WR3 spot? (My other two WRs are Antonio Brown and Julio Jones)

woodchuck

Doug Baldwin, James Jones or Dorial Green-Beckham for my WR3 spot? (My other two WRs are Antonio Brown and Julio Jones)

I don't feel confident in any of them. Of those, I'd go with Dorisl Green-Beckham for the upside. Are there any other WRs available? Stevie Johnson? Brian quick?

spyder_ur

Glad I found this thread, didn't know it existed.

So need recommendations on either Sammy Watkins or Charles Johnson as my WR3 this week in a ppr league? (Julio and Alshon are my other starting WRs and Gronk is my TE)

I'd probably stick with Watkins there.

Hmm...tough. I like Jones for the year and think there's a good chance he ends up as the second best target there, but he hasn't been in camp that long. I'd pay attention to beat reports from GB and see if you can tell how often he'll be used. They're all shots in the dark, but one has Aaron Rodgers throwing to him.

OK, here's mine for this week.

I need to start 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 flex from this list (already have Murray and AJ Green slotted in). 1/2 point ppr scoring, kick/punt return yards count (1 per 25).

Here are the players:
Abdullah
Crowell
Watkins
John Brown
Lockett
James Jones

Rest is misc. bench guys - 14 team league. What do you think?

natjjohn

12 team PPR. 6 point passing TDs. Only have to start 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 TE. Three flex spots (love this set up as can build team however you want).
Drafted first and first every round (bid for spots). Drafted a couple weeks ago. Thoughts?

QB: Luck
RB: CJ spiller
WR: Demayrius Thomas
Flex: AJ Green
Flex: Mike Evans
Flex: Davante Adams
TE: Delanie Walker
PK: Matt Bryant
Def: Carolina

Bench:
Gio Bernard
Ryan Tannehill
Charles Johnson
Danny Woodhead
Kyle Rudolph
David Johnson

Weak at RB but think Spiller could be strong nice he recovers from the knee scope and plays (likely week 2). Tried to get some solid PPR backs to make up for my lack of traditional RB. David Johnson a flyer if Ellington goes down early.

I'm pleased with what I got. May regret. Not getting a Colts WR.

natjjohn

I need to start 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 flex from this list (already have Murray and AJ Green slotted in). 1/2 point ppr scoring, kick/punt return yards count (1 per 25).

Here are the players:
Abdullah
Crowelld be ha
Watkins
John Brown
Lockett
James Jones

Abdullah (likely doing some returns. In a similar league and it provides value)
Brown
Crowell

Jones would be hard to trust at this point without more info on role. I like Watkins as a talent but hard to trust the QB play and if vontae Davis is on him, makes it harder to expect much. Lockett would be starting mor for the return yards, but if takes one to the house it's a great start.

spyder_ur

Frank Gore vs Buffalo

or

Jonathan Stewart vs Jacksonville

For my RB2. I have DeMarco Murray as my RB1.

Both good options - no way to play both? I think I'd lean Gore just for the better offense but I don't feel that strongly about it.

12 team PPR. 6 point passing TDs. Only have to start 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 TE. Three flex spots (love this set up as can build team however you want).
Drafted first and first every round (bid for spots). Drafted a couple weeks ago. Thoughts?

QB: Luck
RB: CJ spiller
WR: Demayrius Thomas
Flex: AJ Green
Flex: Mike Evans
Flex: Davante Adams
TE: Delanie Walker
PK: Matt Bryant
Def: Carolina

Bench:
Gio Bernard
Ryan Tannehill
Charles Johnson
Danny Woodhead
Kyle Rudolph
David Johnson

Weak at RB but think Spiller could be strong nice he recovers from the knee scope and plays (likely week 2). Tried to get some solid PPR backs to make up for my lack of traditional RB. David Johnson a flyer if Ellington goes down early.

I'm pleased with what I got. May regret. Not getting a Colts WR.

I like that team mostly because I love going WR early in PPR and love AJ in the spot that you took him - very high on him this year. I'd be a little nervous at RB, but really, being weak at RB isn't really that worse than having a poor flex spot in this league.

I don't understand how you got the first pick in every round? What do you mean you bid for spots?

Also I think you could ditch Rudolph and pick up another speculative back. I don't think it's necessary to carry two TEs, and a Rudolph-caliber guy is pretty much always available on the wire.

Seems like a fun league. I love leagues with a lot of roster flexibility.

FTF

I'd probably stick with Watkins there.

OK, here's mine for this week.

Here are the players:
Abdullah
Crowell
Watkins
John Brown
Lockett
James Jones

Yeah I'm leaning towards Watkins atm.

And I'd go with Abdullah, Crowell and Watkins on that list.

Frank Gore vs Buffalo

or

I like Gore better for the year, but would play Stewart against the Jags this week. I could see him having a better game than Murray in fact.

natjjohn

Nah. Only two RB spots and I am definitely going to play DeMarco Murray in my other spot. So it's between Gore and Stewart for my RB2. No flex position.

I hate Stewart typically (disappointing for years), but I'd probably start him in week 1. Bills D is legit and read something that colts will have Gore on a pitch count. Could be smoke, Colts O could be one of those Os that is elite no matter the opponent.

Well I guess its my turn to ask instead of answer.

Somebody just dropped Gates in my keeper league. (!!) How much FAAB would you commit, assuming your best TE otherwise is something from the Dwayne Allen/TE2 pool?

natjjohn

Somebody just dropped Gates in my keeper league. (!!) How much FAAB would you commit, assuming your best TE otherwise is something from the Dwayne Allen/TE2 pool?

Not a lot. What's your budget? What's minimum bid?

Edwardo

Had to decide between Andrew Hawkins and Mohamed Sanu for my flex. I took another look at free agents and I decided to pick up Ladarius Green. So I'll start him as long as he isn't concussed. Jordan Reed is available as well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Didn't even notice you had Maclin! Yeah, you'll get some serious points there. Did you decide to opt for going WR in the first few rounds?

Yeah basically had to at the 6th pick. The RB crop is weak this year, I don't even have a ton of faith in the top 5 for the most part. Charles injury prone, ADP older, matt forte has a million miles on the tires and hit 30 AND his team is in shambles, murray BLEH, mccoy BLEH, leveon bell is one of the few sure things and he was long gone by then. I like Ivory to have a breakout year with no real competition and a running philosophy. Fitzy should be able to spread the field at least a little with 2 legit WR and open things up a bit, vs. genos shit show last year and no marshall. I really thought I could sneak Dougy martin in, but he went a pick before mine, so I had to settle for spiller which was actually an autopick since I missed my turn, otherwise I was going to target joique for a spot start and hope for a trade to come up.

7-9% percent. I think Gates starts regressing as Rivers finds other targets, and Gates isn't the gamechanger to blow alot a FAAB money early at.

spyder_ur

Yeah basically had to at the 6th pick. The RB crop is weak this year, I don't even have a ton of faith in the top 5 for the most part. Charles injury prone, ADP older, matt forte has a million miles on the tires and hit 30 AND his team is in shambles, murray BLEH, mccoy BLEH, leveon bell is one of the few sure things and he was long gone by then. I like Ivory to have a breakout year with no real competition and a running philosophy. Fitzy should be able to spread the field at least a little with 2 legit WR and open things up a bit, vs. genos shit show last year and no marshall. I really thought I could sneak Dougy martin in, but he went a pick before mine, so I had to settle for spiller which was actually an autopick since I missed my turn, otherwise I was going to target joique for a spot start and hope for a trade to come up.

I don't disagree with you about RBs which is why I go WR typically if I don't have a top 5 pick, but how is Charles injury prone? He's played in at least 15 games each year except for the one he tore his ACL. He's actually remarkably durable.

Badosh

I don't feel confident in any of them. Of those, I'd go with Dorisl Green-Beckham for the upside. Are there any other WRs available? Stevie Johnson? Brian quick?

Yeah, hence why i'm asking, I feel absolutely no confidence with any of them.

Top available people:

Funchess
Britt
Latimer
Shorts
Hurns

So, nothing much, same kind of people I have. My depth at that position is terrible.

mr2xxx

Banned

If you have Allen I'll just hang on to him since there is a good chance that Indy goes more into single TE sets and Allen will get the nod over Fleener due to his blocking skills. If you still want Gates i'd keep it at under 5%. Anot her issue is that you are wasting a roster spot on someone who won't due anything for weeks when instead you can waste it on a high upside player who you will know if he is good or not within a few weeks. But that is dependent on bench spots, league size and available waiver players.

Beach

We'll always assume percentages in FAAB, but $100 budget, min bid is 0. Would be dropping either Brandon Coleman or James Jones, neither of which is a terribly exciting ticket.
Save your FAAB for that new running back that breaks out in the year. Always bound to be one per year ala Alfred Morris.

Spending it already on a backup TE is not a top priority unless it's literally a $2 bid at max.

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah, hence why i'm asking, I feel absolutely no confidence with any of them.

Top available people:

Funchess
Britt
Latimer
Shorts
Hurns

So, nothing much, same kind of people I have. My depth at that position is terrible.

If you just need steady production I'd go Shorts since he seems decent as the slot guy for the Texans. Otherwise I'd go Hurns if you need a little more upside but a lower floor.

spyder_ur

Blind bids to determine draft order. Like a blind auction. Highest bid first, second highest second, so on and so forth.

Blind bids out of what pool though? Your FAAB budget? If that's the case I would probably bid the whole thing. For the first pick in every round?

That sounds like a terrible draft. The person with the 12th pick has the 12th pick every round?

Yeah, first time I have heard of something like that.

In a different league

How many points does returning kicks give? Even besides that, he looks like the best deep threat we've had since we drafted Wilson. If he puts up 4/80 in week 1 I won't be surprised.

I'd go with Lockett between team bias (Seahawks fan obviously) and I think Dallas is going to focus hard on the run with them figuring out their RB rotation and no JPP for the Giants.

Had to decide between Andrew Hawkins and Mohamed Sanu for my flex. I took another look at free agents and I decided to pick up Ladarius Green. So I'll start him as long as he isn't concussed. Jordan Reed is available as well.
I've owned Reed for two years waiting for him to reach his potential and have finally given up on him this year and not picked him up in any leagues ... so expect him to go off.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
man, week 1 and already having second thoughts on who to play.....

any input would be appreciated folks:

Amari Cooper vs. CIN - bengals D will be tough and i'm essentially going to have to rely on Derek Carr. will be down and throwing prob
Eddie Royal vs. GB - Cutlers go to guy this week. will be throwing a lot i'm sure. will be down and throwing

i've got green too, although as a back up to Kelce... i'm holding off of green until he shows he can perform OR SD shows that they want/will use him.

Julius Thomas just went to waivers. My TE right now is Delanie Walker with no backups. Do you think he's worth a pickup? I'm not too hot on the Titans right now. My bench is currently Giovani Bernard, Alex Smith, Roddy White, Markus Wheaton, Terrance Williams, David Cobb. I don't think it's worth holding onto Cobb since he's going to be out until week 10.

man, week 1 and already having second thoughts on who to play.....

any input would be appreciated folks:

Amari Cooper vs. CIN - bengals D will be tough and i'm essentially going to have to rely on Derek Carr. will be down and throwing prob
Eddie Royal vs. GB - Cutlers go to guy this week. will be throwing a lot i'm sure. will be down and throwing

That's a tough choice with Alshon being injured. I'd probably go with Cooper so you can take week 1 and see what the Bears offense does. Cooper's going to get a lot of targets but who knows if he'll be able to find the endzone. He still seems like a safer bet imo.

NYR

Just tried filling in one of those draft kings/ yahoo daily contests. What a scam, no different than sport select, everything is weighted in your direction to lose, it is no different than picking long shots and hoping it pays off.

Jarnet87

Frank Gore vs Buffalo

or

I think J Stew is likely to have more touches and yards then Gore, but it wouldn't shock me if Gore outscores Stew because of a touchdown. It's gonna be tough running for Gore but Luck should be able to get them in into the redzone for some scoring opportunities. Carolina could rely on Stewart to run the ball and possibly some screens as a pass catcher. Thing to be wary of is Scam Newton or Tolbert vulturing goal line touches.

Julius Thomas just went to waivers. My TE right now is Delanie Walker with no backups. Do you think he's worth a pickup? I'm not too hot on the Titans right now. My bench is currently Giovani Bernard, Alex Smith, Roddy White, Markus Wheaton, Terrance Williams, David Cobb. I don't think it's worth holding onto Cobb since he's going to be out until week 10.

That's a tough choice with Alshon being injured. I'd probably go with Cooper so you can take week 1 and see what the Bears offense does. Cooper's going to get a lot of targets but who knows if he'll be able to find the endzone. He still seems like a safer bet imo.

I personally would much rather have Delanie Walker. He's been a top 5 TE in my ppr league for the past two years now. Thomas is out at least 4 weeks if not more and when he does come back I don't think he's gonna set the world on fire in Jacksonville.

I personally would much rather have Delanie Walker. He's been a top 5 TE in my ppr league for the past two years now. Thomas is out at least 4 weeks if not more and when he does come back I don't think he's gonna set the world on fire in Jacksonville.

Thanks, I doubt anyone is going to be clammering to pick up Thomas anyway. Shouldn't overthink stuff before week 1 even starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom