• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumidor

Here my draft: 16 team Snake Draft, double Flex (WR/RB/TE and WR/TE). I had the 3rd pick:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Jamaal Charles, Chris Ivory, Bishop Sankey, Roy Helu, Ahmad Bradshaw (lottery ticket if signed after Week 1, still a starting-quality RB in the league)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Eddie Royal, Brandon Coleman, Dwyane Bowe
TE: Jordan Reed
K: Matt Prater
DEF: Cincinnati

Draft went pretty good early. Couldn't nab Evans in the 2nd but Hopkins is a fine consolation. Ivory in 3rd (35) is going to fly by people because Jets have said he's going to get 3-5 receptions a game as well as be a 15-18 carry guy. 4th round BMarsh and Landry were gone so I went Allen Robinson, who should be a big play guy in Jacksonville. My only real issue was getting sniped on Crowell in the 7th round, as I had no backup pick ready since I would've been picking him 1-2 rounds early; had to use it on Bishop Sankey. My RB core would've been really solid but now not so much...

For a 16 team league, that's pretty solid. I like the Eddie Royal pick. I think with Alshon not 100% and how he played with Cutler in the past, I could see him put up nice numbers, especially if you're in a PPR. Also, I like Coleman, he's an under the radar player, but if Colston keeps regressing, he could be a nice pickup.

Here is my little dilemma. I don't know who to get rid of off my bench. This is what my current team looks like

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin
RB: LeSean McCoy, Joseph Randle
Flex: Alfred Blue

Bench: Martavis Bryant, John Brown, Darren MacFadden, Marcus Wheaton, Brandon Coleman, Matt Jones

My league has defensive players and I'm still without a DL right now. I have to cut someone to add one. I don't want to cut any of my sleepers, but I don't want to lose out on those 5-6 points that DL could add because every bit counts. I'm keeping Bryant and Brown for sure and I can't get rid of MacFadden because he's a handcuff for Randle. I have no depth at RB so it's hard to let go of Jones. Which leaves Wheaton and Coleman. I got Coleman off waivers and I really want to see what he does in full games first. I'm afraid of dumping Wheaton because of the possibility that he could somehow establish himself as the true #2 on this team while Bryant is out.

It doesn't just end there though. A strategy I used last year that worked brilliantly for me is that I kept two team defense on my roster at all times during the last half of the season. Instead of fighting others to get a good match up off waivers for the upcoming week I would get a team with a good match up 2 weeks ahead of time. This helped me score 20+(using custom scoring) almost every week as all I did was follow shitty teams like the Jaguars where ever they went. So I want to employ this strategy at the beginning but I would have to cut two of my bench players to do this and get a DL.

I'm somewhat tempted to get rid of Alfred Blue right now because I know he'll be worthless to me in 3-4 weeks. But I don't want to run into someone who may end up using him against me. So if anybody read all this, do you have any advice for what I should do?

My 12-team ppr dynasty draft is tomrrow and i'm going back and forth with how I should approach the first 2 two picks.

my keepers:
Antonio Brown
Jeremy Hill
A. Ellington
T. Kelce

My first round pick (pick 4) will give me the option of Forte or Julio Jones.

Going with Forte is the safe option... It will net me an above average stable of RBs, but will leave me pretty mediocre at WR. I'm guessing my round 2 pick will net me someone like golden tate or a bit lower / in that area....

If I go with Julio Jones i'm risking a lot.... itll provide 2 elite WRs... and as a 2nd rnd pick I'd prob go WR again... it just leaves me relying on a fragile ellington and Hill...the next pick I would get is the end of round 4 ( keeping brown for round 3)... and looking at the possible back up RBs there...im guessing/hoping danny woodhead/alfred blue/devonta freeman/etc. - in actuality the pickins will be even more slim by then. I really have no issue playing the waiver and just taking a bunch of handcuffs and hoping to hit the lotto on one.

I feel like even though Forte sounds safer, hes not projecting that great of a season and i'll be very frustrated if/when he gets injured. The next best talent of RB in our pool after forte is Gore/DougMartin...so really slim choices and im not sure its smart to pass on the last quality rb...also i'm hesitant because i'd essentially be drafting forte as a safety net for my RBs, but if ellington gets injured and forte goes down ( a very likely outcome) i'm really fucked. which makes the forte route seem a lot more risky since id be wasting the picks on him and forgoing getting top wr talent... either way if my RBs get injured I'll need to hit the lotto with a waiver rb, the forte option just might delay the neccessity a little later into the season.

Forte option is a little safer, but leaves me a bit weaker
Julio option is a lot riskier, but starts me in a strong outcome for the season

I just want to know: Am I dumb to pass on Forte, when there isnt much else in the RB pool.

anyways.. i know its difficult to get the gist of a keeper league adn all that is available etc. but any insight and opinions would be really helpful.

thanks in advance.

as much as im leaning Julio... i think forte is may be the correct pick...just not too confident with ellingtons production as I was

I'd definitely go with Forte. I had Ellington as my RB2 last year and it didn't work out well. I don't trust him staying healthy or getting enough carries/targets without seeing it first. I'd be pretty happy if I had Tate as my WR2 with Forte and Hill as my 2 RB's.

My 12-team ppr dynasty draft is tomrrow and i'm going back and forth with how I should approach the first 2 two picks.

my keepers:
Antonio Brown
Jeremy Hill
A. Ellington
T. Kelce

My first round pick (pick 4) will give me the option of Forte or Julio Jones.

Going with Forte is the safe option... It will net me an above average stable of RBs, but will leave me pretty mediocre at WR. I'm guessing my round 2 pick will net me someone like golden tate or a bit lower / in that area....

If I go with Julio Jones i'm risking a lot.... itll provide 2 elite WRs... and as a 2nd rnd pick I'd prob go WR again... it just leaves me relying on a fragile ellington and Hill...the next pick I would get is the end of round 4 ( keeping brown for round 3)... and looking at the possible back up RBs there...im guessing/hoping danny woodhead/alfred blue/devonta freeman/etc. - in actuality the pickins will be even more slim by then. I really have no issue playing the waiver and just taking a bunch of handcuffs and hoping to hit the lotto on one.

I feel like even though Forte sounds safer, hes not projecting that great of a season and i'll be very frustrated if/when he gets injured. The next best talent of RB in our pool after forte is Gore/DougMartin...so really slim choices and im not sure its smart to pass on the last quality rb...also i'm hesitant because i'd essentially be drafting forte as a safety net for my RBs, but if ellington gets injured and forte goes down ( a very likely outcome) i'm really fucked. which makes the forte route seem a lot more risky since id be wasting the picks on him and forgoing getting top wr talent... either way if my RBs get injured I'll need to hit the lotto with a waiver rb, the forte option just might delay the neccessity a little later into the season.

Forte option is a little safer, but leaves me a bit weaker
Julio option is a lot riskier, but starts me in a strong outcome for the season

I just want to know: Am I dumb to pass on Forte, when there isnt much else in the RB pool.

anyways.. i know its difficult to get the gist of a keeper league adn all that is available etc. but any insight and opinions would be really helpful.

thanks in advance.

as much as im leaning Julio... i think forte is may be the correct pick...just not too confident with ellingtons production as I was

I'm high on Julio this year in Shanahan's offense. He's #2 WR overall on my board. And as bad as Ellington was banged up last year he finished as a RB1. That team is committed to that style of RB in that offense so much that drafted another just like Ellington in Johnson. If last year is his floor then I'll gladly gamble to see what his upside is.

Personally I'd be fine with Julio and Ellington the picking the best player available regardless of position with my second pick, Gore would be ideal (who I'm also grabbing as often as I can this year). I swing for the fences instead of playing it safe. If those guys hit I'll be unbeatable.

I don't blame you for taking the safer route. You know your league better than us. WR is pretty deep once you get past Hopkins/Cook tier you have around 12+ players all legit WR2 and some will definitely end up WR1. It will be much easier to find depth at WR then hoping you land this year's Forsett or Anderson.

ACE 1991

Trying to figure out my starting lineup this week.

Do I start Rothlisberger over Stafford? Was recommended to start Stafford this week.
What about Ameer Abdullah over Charles Johnson?
Tyler Eifert over Jason Witten? Probably would want to stick with Witten at the start of the season, but I'm not sure.

rezn0r

Do I start Rothlisberger over Stafford? Was recommended to start Stafford this week.
Tyler Eifert over Jason Witten? Probably would want to stick with Witten at the start of the season, but I'm not sure.

Funny, I was just wondering the same thing with the QBs. It sounds like at least 1/3 of our teams are the same. I have Calvin though, so I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards Stafford. Plus I'll be at the NE/PIT game Thursday and hoping for Ben to score against us seems like it would be annoying... open to advice though.

Any feedback for my draft?

Hehe, from our league? You have an interesting lineup. I'd say you're risking a lot on Eli being steady all year round but it's definitely possible. Sankey, Bradshaw, and Coleman are lottery tickets you could dump in the next two weeks. WR is your weak spot; Royal's relevancy is a question mark, Robinson likes to get hurt, and Bowe could be washed up. There's opportunity there too, but as a start 3-4 WR league it's a definite question.

I'm excited to play this league this year. My draft turned out ok and the double flex is an exciting wrinkle I might ask to put in my keeper league next season.

Rice Eater said:
Here is my little dilemma. I don't know who to get rid of off my bench. This is what my current team looks like

I can't it really discuss DL since that's not my forte, but it looks like you have a 12 team league probably? Standard QB/2WR/2RB/FLEX?

That means Wheaton/Bryant/Brown/DMC are locked in as your backups. Jones is a backup RB with gaudy preseason stats but otherwise behind a very steady runner and a team that is likely to be terrible. Coleman could "emerge", but Colston hasn't retired and the Saints have made every move to indicate they will be a toned down, run offense that just happens to have a good QB and a distance bomber (Cooks). I would dump either without hesitation to fill a gap (missing a player to start) but I wouldn't pick up a second defense unless you had a really questionable one. Depending on the # of teams there are going to be quite a few on waivers.

I would leave Blue in. Even if he's terrible, he's a starting RB

Big Ben, for sure. Patriots lost what, their top 3 corners? And the Steelers aren't really set at corner either. Sure, it's a Thursday game but there's just no reason to believe either team is set for a celebration of defense.

Picking Abdullah is ok, but it's really just big play vs. PPR. I prefer big play with this kind of situation. And Witten for sure, again it's a crapshoot with TE but Romo looks for Witten. Eifert...who knows? I'd want him to show me he can stay upright and productive first.

ACE 1991

Big Ben, for sure. Patriots lost what, their top 3 corners? And the Steelers aren't really set at corner either. Sure, it's a Thursday game but there's just no reason to believe either team is set for a celebration of defense.

Picking Abdullah is ok, but it's really just big play vs. PPR. I prefer big play with this kind of situation. And Witten for sure, again it's a crapshoot with TE but Romo looks for Witten. Eifert...who knows? I'd want him to show me he can stay upright and productive first.

Thanks, this is very helpful! I'm deciding to start Big ol' Ben. Still pretty split on Abdullah though, everything seems to point to him not being as utilized (at least for the first part of the season) as everyone predicted in the off-season despite looking like a stud so far.

strang

Neo Member
Drafted on Sunday, not too thrilled about my team this year. 12 team standard league:

QB: Big Ben
RB: Justin Forsett, Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Ryan Mathews, Alfred Blue, Shane Vereen, Cameron Artis-Payne
WR: Megatron (kept), AJ Green (kept), Kendall Wright, Cody Latimer
TE: Larry Donnell

Thinking I could trade Blue to the Arian Foster owner for some WR depth, around Blue's draft position my options would be Charles Johnson or Devante Parker. Any thoughts?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Drafted on Sunday, not too thrilled about my team this year. 12 team standard league:

QB: Big Ben
RB: Justin Forsett, Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Ryan Mathews, Alfred Blue, Shane Vereen, Cameron Artis-Payne
WR: Megatron (kept), AJ Green (kept), Kendall Wright, Cody Latimer
TE: Larry Donnell

Thinking I could trade Blue to the Arian Foster owner for some WR depth, around Blue's draft position my options would be Charles Johnson or Devante Parker. Any thoughts?

imo youd get more out of devante parker than blue...don't think the person would take that trade though. depends if he prepped well for fosters absence

in personal news(see above) - im deciding to go Julio Jones (if avail) over Forte.

Do any of you use the Thuuz app? I’m in two ESPN leagues. When I initially set up the app and imported everything, I had my one league’s draft already so it pulled all the players over. Since then however I’ve done another draft but in THAT league it keeps saying there are no players and it won’t update. Do I just have to delete the app and download? Should I give it more time?

Need some opinions about my flex as I seem to be stuck at a stalemate. Who'd you rather start this week: Amari Cooper vs CIN or Landry vs WAS?

Nelson Agholor @ ATL or Eddie Royal vs GB for the FLEX? I'd say Nelson but Royal may be in a good spot with Jeffery still supposedly hurt. 0.5 PPR league

Need some opinions about my flex as I seem to be stuck at a stalemate. Who'd you rather start this week: Amari Cooper vs CIN or Landry vs WAS?
Man that's tough. I'd say Amari though due to no other options and OAK likely not being ahead enough to just run the clock out by running

As a Tannehill owner, I want to say Landry but damn, Cooper was being force-fed in the preseason like AJ Green. I am willing to take that bandwagon against the Bungles.

Thanks, this is very helpful! I'm deciding to start Big ol' Ben. Still pretty split on Abdullah though, everything seems to point to him not being as utilized (at least for the first part of the season) as everyone predicted in the off-season despite looking like a stud so far.

Yeah, but Charles Johnson could be a total nonfactor, too. I mean, for all the excitement about the Vikings, Bridgewater hasn't shown himself to be a big slinger, and Johnson could easily go 2 for 30. I'd pick whomever you like more against the defense.

And Royal for sure if Jeffery doesn't suit up. Cutler is going to throw. Agholor is another abdullah type - the upside is there, but the Eagles could just choose to throw to Matthews all day instead.

woodchuck

I'm rolling with Landry in my league. Him and tannehill seem to have great chemistry. And in the end, they have a better overall offense than raiders

I can't it really discuss DL since that's not my forte, but it looks like you have a 12 team league probably? Standard QB/2WR/2RB/FLEX?

That means Wheaton/Bryant/Brown/DMC are locked in as your backups. Jones is a backup RB with gaudy preseason stats but otherwise behind a very steady runner and a team that is likely to be terrible. Coleman could "emerge", but Colston hasn't retired and the Saints have made every move to indicate they will be a toned down, run offense that just happens to have a good QB and a distance bomber (Cooks). I would dump either without hesitation to fill a gap (missing a player to start) but I wouldn't pick up a second defense unless you had a really questionable one. Depending on the # of teams there are going to be quite a few on waivers.

I would leave Blue in. Even if he's terrible, he's a starting RB

That's correct.

I don't know where it came from but I have this belief that Coleman could be a TD machine this year. Still and Graham are gone, Colston is getting old, and Cooks is a little guy. I don't think he'll overtake Cooks as the number one target but I keep thinking that he could be the guy Brees looks for in the red zone since he's such a big target. I guess my biggest fear is that week 1 Brees throw 3 TD's and Coleman is something like 5 catches, 74 yards, with 2 TD's. Then the floodgates opens and half my league is after him.

I should probably dump Jones though and just pick ups whatever RB I can find whenever my starters have their bye week. I really wanted to use my 2 Defense strategy to stay ahead of the other guys in my league but it's just too early to dump the guys I have on my roster. I have the Eagles currently but I'm not thrilled about the match up with Atlanta. Right now I'm most interested in replacing them with the Packers who are facing the Bears.

woodchuck

Here's my team (12 team non-PPR, drafted 8th)

KjD4Q5f.png

Brian Quick and Brandon Coleman are available as a free agents, and I really really want to pick either one of them up. But I don't know who to drop and which one to pick up (or both?)

Hazelhurst

Here's my standard 12 team ($20/person) league draft results. I had the number one pick and went with Megatron. I know that's not the standard number on pick, but I just think he's going to have a killer season. Otherwise I would have picked Adrian Peterson, who I think will also have a killer season. I already have AP in another league.

Starters:

QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - Latavius Murray
RB - Andre Ellington
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Mike Evans
TE - Martellus Bennett
FLEX - Amari Cooper
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Blair Walsh (waited too long to get a kicker)

Bench:

Arian Foster (obviously will be a starter when he gets healthy)
Devin Funchess
Dorial Green-Beckham (this guy may be the next Megatron)
Julius Thomas
Brian Quick
Tyler Lockett
Tyrod Taylor

I'm pretty happy with this draft as long as everyone stays healthy. I wish I could have gotten Tony Romo or Ryan Tannehill earlier, but I picked a QB too late. As long as Megatron stays healthy and is his normal self, Stafford should reap the rewards.

Brian Quick and Brandon Coleman are available as a free agents, and I really really want to pick either one of them up. But I don't know who to drop and which one to pick up (or both?)

Do you plan on playing Alfred Blue at all in the first 3-4 games? If your answer is no then drop Blue. I also have Blue but I'm afraid to drop him in case someone who faces me in the first 3 games decides to use him against me. So I want to wait until he's useless to drop him. Maybe you're thinking the same thing.

Funny thing is that I'm actually looking forward to dropping Blue. I don't think he'll put up amazing numbers as a starter and I know he'll be dead weight in 3-4 weeks. Right now I have him as my flex, I have John Brown and Marcus Wheaton ready to go but I always feel safer about starting a RB over WR if they're all sleepers. Between the 3 I really want to start Brown the most, mainly because of the match up. Any thoughts on this?

VoxPop

Here's my standard 12 team ($20/person) league draft results. I had the number one pick and went with Megatron. I know that's not the standard number on pick, but I just think he's going to have a killer season. Otherwise I would have picked Adrian Peterson, who I think will also have a killer season. I already have AP in another league.

Starters:

QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - Latavius Murray
RB - Andre Ellington
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Mike Evans
TE - Martellus Bennett
FLEX - Amari Cooper
D/ST - Dolphins

Bench:

Devin Funchess
Julius Thomas
Brian Quick
Tyler Lockett
Tyrod Taylor

I'm pretty happy with this draft as long as everyone stays healthy. I wish I could have gotten Tony Romo or Ryan Tannehill earlier, but I picked a QB too late. As long as Megatron stays healthy and is his normal self, Stafford should reap the rewards.

o_O

Starters:

QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - Latavius Murray
RB - Andre Ellington
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Mike Evans
TE - Martellus Bennett
FLEX - Amari Cooper
D/ST - Dolphins

Bench:

Devin Funchess
Julius Thomas
Brian Quick
Tyler Lockett
Tyrod Taylor

I'm a Lions homer and think that's a bit crazy. That said, I really think Stafford is poised for a very good season and a bit underrated in the rankings.

Standard 12 team. I had the 5th pick. Think I did pretty good for my first draft.

QB Andrew Luck, Ind QB
RB Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB
RB Latavius Murray, Oak RB
WR Brandin Cooks, NO WR
WR Golden Tate, Det WR
WR/TE Jarvis Landry, Mia WR
TE Tyler Eifert, Cin TE
D/ST Seahawks D/ST D/ST
K Brandon McManus, Den K

Bench C.J. Spiller, NO RB  D
Bench Martavis Bryant, Pit WR  SSPD
Bench Sam Bradford, Phi QB
Bench Darren Sproles, Phi RB
Bench Percy Harvin, Buf WR  P
Bench Terrance West, Ten RB

Beach

Alfred Blue vs KC or TJ Yeldon vs Carolina? Would you guys start either over DeAndre Hopkins in the flex spot?

Yeldon over Blue but definitely wouldn't start any over Hopkins in the flex spot. In fact, if Hopkins is your flex player then your team is probably really good anyway.

Yeldon over Blue but definitely wouldn't start any over Hopkins in the flex spot. In fact, if Hopkins is your flex player then your team is probably really good anyway.

Dez and AJ Green are my other two receivers on that team. CJ Anderson, Blue and Yeldon (with Doug Martin rounding out) are my backs.

Need some opinions on who to start this week (non-PPR). Pick 2 WR's:

Keenan Allen
Steve Smith Sr.
Eddie Royal
Kendall Wright

Leaning towards Allen and Royal

Beach

Dez and AJ Green are my other two receivers on that team. CJ Anderson, Blue and Yeldon (with Doug Martin rounding out) are my backs.

Understood. Now that you mention Doug Martin I'd rather have him week 1 than the other two RBs. I think Yeldon is the best out of those three overall but hes more of a lock later in the season. Doug Martin has a rookie QB and a good matchup. The Titans won't run away from the Bucs so I expect Martin to hopefully get ~ 20 touches.

To the poster above, I would also take Allen and Royal.

Need some opinions on who to start this week (non-PPR). Pick 2 WR's:

Keenan Allen
Steve Smith Sr.
Eddie Royal
Kendall Wright

Leaning towards Allen and Royal
I like that, Royal is at worst the #2 WR vs. Green Bay. Dunno who Allen is facing but I'll take his talent.
Nelson Agholor @ ATL or Eddie Royal vs GB for the FLEX? I'd say Nelson but Royal may be in a good spot with Jeffery still supposedly hurt. 0.5 PPR league
Man PPR? Definitely Royal, I can see him being force fed as he rotates from outside to the slot.

Edwardo

I'll probably have to start Duke Johnson this week. Hopefully he plays. I didn't draft a bench that well this year and I have Bell out for the next couple weeks. Best I could do in the short term would be make a trade or pick up someone like Dexter mccluster or lance Dunbar lol.

UberTag

Had a blast with an auction draft in my 10-team keeper league tonight. I really think I've gotten the auction format down now in terms of how to prioritize specific players and approach the draft with a flexible - but structured - plan of attack.

Was somewhat outgunned on the keeper front heading into it with Charles, a gimpy Jeffery and Cooks in my arsenal. Left the draft with elite talent at every position by ensuring I was able to land Luck as my QB, Olsen as my TE and letting my opponents bid up big ticket players that were overrated by ESPN's auction value calculator and draining their wallets so I could cash in on gems at running back (Stewart, Yeldon, Woodhead - this is PPR) and receiver (Maclin, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Kendall Wright).

Having so many target magnets on so many offenses should hopefully be a winning formula. Would love to try out an auction format in a larger league format sometime.

Where are you guys aboard the Abdullah hype train? In Yahoo 12 team leagues he's been going in the 4th (37-48 overall) which seems crazy then tonight he fell to the 6th in a NFL.com league but has an ADP in the 100's

I'm fine with taking him above that young two down back tier of Hyde, Yeldon probably even Gordon but where's your cut off for reaching for potential.

I can see both sides of the narrative for Ameer's success or bust. On one hand you have the incumbent coming off knee and achilles surgery and has only 12 days to get into full speed game shape meaning he may be eased back into the rotation. Especially with the amount they held back Abdullah in the pre-season, they treated him like a starter. The other is Bell is the number #1 and as a vet was given all the time in the world to recover so he is 100% come week1. Abdullah is nothing more than the Reggie Bush role at best, the split limits both their upsides.

UberTag

Abdullah only realizes his ADP in redraft this season if you think Joique is washed up, broken down and will be tossed aside like yesterday's garbage.
I doubt very much that's the case. That's more of a Victor Cruz-type situation.

I'd be all over Ameer in a dynasty/keeper format, though.

Abdullah excites everyone because began shown Chris Johnson upside. But Joique Bell has to get hurt and Riddick has to stay out of the way. Both things are possible, but like in Dallas, if you have to answer multiple "if" questions, maybe you shouldn't draft him in the first four rounds. Yellow and Gordon scare the hell out of me too, but I think I own Yeldon in all of my leagues because he was a starter I could buy a round later - pretty significant because of the quality drop per round in starters for 12-16 team leagues.

Edelman as with all Patriots players, who knows? He's not on PUP and you get to find out tomorrow instead of Sunday, so that's a plus! I'd start him if he plays.

UberTag

What's everyone's thoughts on Edelman for tomorrow? Start him? Nice game? Or hurt?
Angry Brady?
Battered Steelers D just waiting to get owned in a statement game in prime time?
Blount suspended... LaFell hobbled... Wayne cut?

Roll out Edelman as your WR2 with confidence. He has WR1 upside in PPR formats and should flirt with double-digit targets.

Angry Brady?
Battered Steelers D just waiting to get owned in a statement game in prime time?
Blount suspended... LaFell hobbled... Wayne cut?

Roll out Edelman as your WR2 with confidence. He has WR1 upside in PPR formats.

Thanks. I needed to hear someone else say it. :b

I'm torn. Do I start Latavius Murray this week or Doug Martin?

Doug Martin has been garbage for the last two seasons going against a pretty weak Titans defense. However, a decent runningback is a rookie QBs best friend. Murray is going against a tougher defense, but the Bengals are probably going to be playing the pass more than the run to protect against Cooper torching them.

I'd say Murray only because I need to see that Doug Martin can actually produce before I would start him again.

SummitAve

Banned
This is why fantasy football is hard

Last season it took Oakland Raiders staff nine weeks of watching a terrible Darren McFadden and MJD before considering giving Latavius Murray a shot. Outside of his 90 yard run, Latavius Murray didn't do a whole lot barely averaging 4 yards a carry. I just don't think he's that good. Also, Geno Atkins and the Cinci d line is healthy.

I've hated on Doug Martin a whole lot, but he's looked phenomenal this pre season and is facing the Titans who were the only team to allow 2000+ rushing yards last season. I feel he's gonna get the ball more and do more with it.

That's my thinking on it.

Tom Nook

(12 man League, Non-PPR)

Julius Thomas is a Free Agent in my League. Will he be worth picking up now or wait for this first game back?

current TE: Cameron

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
man, what a rush. had my draft last night. feels good man.

12-team ppr 4-player keeper league

Here's my team:
Bradford
Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
John Brown
Matt Forte
Jeremy Hill
Andre Ellington
Travis Kelce

BN
Eddie Royal
Danny Woodhead
Steve Johnson
Ladarius Green
Brandon Lafell
Knile Davis

Streaming K & Def
week 1: Cody Parkey (eagles) and Min vs. SF

man, what a rush. had my draft last night. feels good man.

12-team ppr 4-player keeper league

Here's my team:
Bradford
Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
John Brown
Matt Forte
Jeremy Hill
Andre Ellington
Travis Kelce

BN
Eddie Royal
Danny Woodhead
Steve Johnson
Ladarius Green
Brandon Lafell
Knile Davis

Streaming K & Def
week 1: Cody Parkey (eagles) and Min vs. SF
Dang how did you get Hill, Forte, and Antonio Brown? They all went pretty much side by side round 1 in my league.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Dang how did you get Hill, Forte, and Antonio Brown? They all went pretty much side by side round 1 in my league.

I drafted forte (pick4)

for my tier 1(rounds 1-4) keeper I kept Antonio Brown in round 3
for my tier 2(rounds 5-9) keeper I kept Jeremy Hill in round 6

Ellington was my round 13 keeper and kelce was my round 16/FA keeper

gotta say - it's slim freaking pickins' when 12 teams can each keep up to 4 players.

we had rookies flying off the board in round 2.

UberTag

(12 man League, Non-PPR)

Julius Thomas is a Free Agent in my League. Will he be worth picking up now or wait for this first game back?

current TE: Cameron
This question largely depends on who else you're wasting bench space on but there's really no reason to believe Julius will be an upgade over Cameron even when he's back and you'll be stuck with him tying up a spot until you find out. Plenty of better lottery tickets out there that will be playing football this month. I would justify holding bench space for Foster, Gurley, Bryant and Gates over him as far as the "not playing for a month" club is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom