• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP!)

Teepo671

They are much better, trust me, I used them, I recommend them and Startech for capture cards. Go usb 3.0 though.

Yeah, I was originally eyeing the Live Gamer Portable HD but at the time they didn't support OSX and I only have a macbook so I went for the Game Capture HD. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade before the end of the year.

32347167984_daba368e5d_o.png

33035343352_40213c7f71_o.png

Timu

Yeah, I was originally eyeing the Live Gamer Portable HD but at the time they didn't support OSX and I only have a macbook so I went for the Game Capture HD. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade before the end of the year.
You can also go with PCI-E capture cards which is technically the best for uncompressed screenshots!

Good to know. I'll try using another app to take shots next time.
I'll keep that issue in mind next time I'm looking for a new card. Anyone know how avermedia's cards stack up?

I think they are pretty good but I hate the software that it comes with. Damn thing always crashes on me.

amarectv2017-03-0122-cku4r.png

amarectv2017-03-0118-4luid.png

VanWinkle

Good to know. I'll try using another app to take shots next time.
I'll keep that issue in mind next time I'm looking for a new card. Anyone know how avermedia's cards stack up?
33182026385_3726e20468_o.png

It looks like motion is where your shots start getting really compressed and lose detail. Compare your shot (top) to the PNG straight from the PS4 (bottom):

LkV8dth.png

y7w1WbN.png

Pretty significant difference!

Sebmugi

Seeing those gameplay Screens, I wonder why they applied that blur/smudging at the bottom of the screen during gameplay. It looks imo pretty bad.

Yes I noticed that too even if it does not bother me too much in the end .. I wonder if I disable the subtitles of the dialogs it would not disappear.

1488403150-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-20170301210024.png

1488403150-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-20170301210150.png

Teepo671

It looks like motion is where your shots start getting really compressed and lose detail. Compare your shot (top) to the PNG straight from the PS4 (bottom):

Pretty significant difference!
Yeesh, that's pretty bad. Worst part is I usually use the capture card when trying to get action shots.

I never use Macs(ok, once, but after that never again).=p
Yep, I'm afraid I'm stuck with external cards

I think they are pretty good but I hate the software that it comes with. Damn thing always crashes on me.
That sounds a little worrying. Which capture card are you using for your pics?

33079387651_43c9dc86df_o.png

32342335394_86b52a927e_o.png

I'd really appreciate people not posting spoilers from HZD. There are already a couple in here I'd consider spoilery. As per the rules of the thread we have to wait 2 months.

And spoiler tags don't work on mobile, you'd be better off just linking he image.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Please don't tell me that that's the quality of the shots that come from the Capture button the on the Switch.

I won't tell you.
99C49A68-2836-432E-8995-745BC68EC1F6.jpg

Could be the Facebook share compression causing some issues. Not sure. I haven't done an export from the memory card directly... if you can.

Top Bottom