• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

AlphaDump

Gold Member
There is some serious misinformation in this thread. Can we link to some actual news outlets and leave the bullshit out? The hell.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why? Large explosion, recent history. If true they just panicked.

It's too early to tell if someone yelled Bomb and if it contributed to the situation.
We just have the one report from someone BBC interviewed.
Instigating panic is serious.

Audioboxer

There is some serious misinformation in this thread. Can we link to some actual news outlets and leave the bullshit out? The hell.

Anyone in the UK should just watch BBC News or Sky News, but yes, some absolute nonsense being posted.

Explosion and fatalities are confirmed by the police. No confirmation on cause of explosion.

Izuna

Banned
So let me get this fucking straight, the explosion didn't hurt anyone but the people panicking did?

I live/work so close to this place. I saw Bruno there on the 3rd...

We're not in fucking mecca this is the UK. This is fucking bullshit.

Are you not familiar with the Hillsborough disaster?

Anyone in the UK should just watch BBC News or Sky News, but yes, some absolute nonsense being posted.

Explosion and fatalities are confirmed by the police.

The explosion was not confirmed though. I doubt it matters much now but again, accuracy matters. Responding to reports of something is not a confirmation.

RE-CAP: Preliminary report to law enforcement indicates at least 20 dead following a report of an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert

@tomwinter

NBC news law enforcement .

So let me get this fucking straight, the explosion didn't hurt anyone but the people panicking did?

There is no getting it straight right now. Just panicked eyewitness accounts and Twitter conjecture.

BraXzy

Never gonna feel right seeing these posts and then replies like "Hey X, are you alright? Also, can we use this video?"

Just disingenuous concern to make the ghoulish post seem more polite.

Something about it feels horribly gross when it's just littered with news stations asking for permission. Gotta be first to report I guess...

No official announcements. There was an explosion and there are fatalities. Thats all the facts.

This is speculation, so feel free to disregard it, but if it was a terrorist attack wouldn't the timing be suspect? Why do it at the end of the show when people are filing out and the lights are up as opposed to when the venue is packed during the show?

s_mirage

NBC reporting at least 20 dead. Why would you fill balloons with gas inside an arena? WTF.

Helium's a gas, and it's inert. The isn't enough info to draw any conclusions at this point; reports of the explosion being caused by balloons on Twitter shouldn't be treated as gospel as even eyewitnesses are only interpreting what they saw.

I'm just not seeing how big these balloons must be in order to do this I guess. Regardless, if this is was caused the explosion I hope changes are made.
Oh I agree, I was just pointing out that a "balloon filled with gas" isn't an ominous thing in and of itself at all, and they are frequent components of concerts.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=456413698028735&id=100009803251519

Just out of The Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester,I thought we would leave seconds before the last song finished in order too get home quicker instead of waiting longer for a taxi,As we where leaving a bomb or explosion went off centimetres infront of me.
Peoples skin/blood&Feces where everywhere including in my hair & on my bag,I'm still finding bits of god knows what in my hair.I am fine & back in my hotel I hope everyone involved and in front of me is okay.We are being told it was a balloon/sound system but I can assure you it was not,You never ever expect these things too happen too you but this proves it can happen too anybody.
That sound,The blood & those who where running around clueless with body parts & bits of skin missing will not be leaving my mind any time soon or the minds of those involved.
Again,Hope everyone is alright I am very,Very lucky too be where I am just now x

OMG, sounds truly horrific.

What else are you going to fill balloons with?

There's various types of gases. Helium isn't flammable I'm pretty sure, but natural gas and propane is, I believe. If there was a heat source and balloons filled with that dropped it would be bad. But of course there's no reason for that, so it's all speculation

Top Bottom