• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/carts/applications/games]

Called my local independant earlier, they said got a copy in, £6, I asked them to hold it for me.

Been going to this store for 20 years, know the people in there, have friendly chats, even had a beer a couple times in a nearby pub with them. So I get there and I get told the price is now £60, evidently my asking them to hold a crappy game made them google it and see why I wanted it.

Lost a customer for life.

SalvaPot

Called my local independant earlier, they said got a copy in, £6, I asked them to hold it for me.

Been going to this store for 20 years, know the people in there, have friendly chats, even had a beer a couple times in a nearby pub with them. So I get there and I get told the price is now £60, evidently my asking them to hold a crappy game made them google it and see why I wanted it.

Honestly I don't blame them, demand and supply baby.

Iceberg

WDCovw3.jpg

CeX Spain:

https://es.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=cubic+ninja&section=

They had three copies yesterday morning and I got one of them :)

Kolma

That's an awful thing for them to do...

SalvaPot

Well, this game doesn't exist anymore in Tijuana, not surprising since I have never seen a copy over here before. Sad, I wanted to make a giveaway on this thread. Oh well.

Got one for 5 bucks used at game stop last night, all the local stores sold out so I had to drive 40 mins out of the way.

Totally with it though, I'm not even interested in homebrew or selling it, I just figure it's going to be a rare/expensive game now and will have a nice spot in my collection.

And if they patch the exploit and everyone stops caring about it next week, eh...I'm only out an hour of driving and 5 bucks.

M3d10n

While browsing eBay I noticed a lot of people selling Pokemons for Pokemon XY. I didn't know this was a thing. The "shipment" involve trading friend codes, sounds hilarious.

maxcriden

4th time it's been posted in a matter of hours... I wonder if people should even bother updating OPs, it's clear as fuck nobody ever reads them

Anyway, thank god my second €15 order actually shipped... yay!

Ah, sorry about that. Not really following this whole thing.

jkh13

Neo Member
Arrggh!

My PAL copy that I ordered off Amazon marketplace for 15GBP 2 days ago was "damaged" in the warehouse apparently so they are refusing to sell it to me now. I suspect a scumbag seller who is going to relist it on Ebay in a couple days for double the price :(.

Anyone willing to lend me a hand in getting a PAL copy for a reasonable price?

akileese

I had an in store pickup pulled at a gamestop by me. Was told they couldn't sell it. I live in the US. Entirely possible someone else poached it for more money, but I really wonder if Nintendo is forcing them to pull it from shelves.

mandiller

I had an in store pickup pulled at a gamestop by me. Was told they couldn't sell it. I live in the US. Entirely possible someone else poached it for more money, but I really wonder if Nintendo is forcing them to pull it from shelves.

Game stop/EB Games did that in Australia. All copies were pulled from sale

I think I need to buy a second 3DS once my copy of Cubic Ninja safely arrives. Don't want to risk my main 3DS cause I have mainly download games on it. Spare one for homebrew.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think I need to buy a second 3DS once my copy of Cubic Ninja safely arrives. Don't want to risk my main 3DS cause I have mainly download games on it. Spare one for homebrew.

Perfect excuse for a New 3DS?

Arrggh!

My PAL copy that I ordered off Amazon marketplace for 15GBP 2 days ago was "damaged" in the warehouse apparently so they are refusing to sell it to me now. I suspect a scumbag seller who is going to relist it on Ebay in a couple days for double the price :(.

Anyone willing to lend me a hand in getting a PAL copy for a reasonable price?

Double? Make that triple, at the very least.
Best I can find are a few BuyItNow eBay.it listings for €29 + shipping. UK, DE, FR prices all seem way higher?

Oh wow, just like EB in Australia where we highly suspect Nintendo was the puppetmaster?
Anyone else can corroborate having had the same experience at GS or other U.S. stores?

Kolma

WOO
my copy from cdwarehouse287 just shipped.
He sold it for 10 bucks after prices were already upwards of 40 :D

Still nothing from lakeplacegames. somewhat expecting a cancel from him.

flux1

I had a Gamestop about 2 hours away put a hold on a copy early yesterday morning since I was going to be in the area today. Miraculously it was still there at noon and I picked it up for a friend.

The guy told me "About 20 people have been by wanting this game since we put it on hold yesterday." I smiled and thanked him a bunch for his help. He will get a good survey from me off the receipt.

Kolma

WOO
my copy from cdwarehouse287 just shipped.
He sold it for 10 bucks after prices were already upwards of 40 :D

Still nothing from lakeplacegames. somewhat expecting a cancel from him.

Lakeplacegames replied!

"Ok, great. We will get it shipped out to you. Thank you"

I walked into the GameStop near my house and they had one copy left. I didn't actually expect to see this thing out in the wild.

Now to figure out how to get the Homebrew Channel working.

I was there when the game was announced but because I already owned the game there was no mad rush to find one.

It has been fascinating to watch how it all went down though, surprisingly its even spread to here in NZ where I suspect a lot of people don't even know why they want a copy of the game, they just do lol.

Perfect timing for me as I'll be transferring to my blue New 3DS XL in a few hours so my old XL will become the awesome 'homebrew' one. :)

I want to get the new 3ds next year but this will probably be patched by the time it comes out. Should I just get a cheap 3ds off CL or something to act as a buffer for my eshop stuff and saves until then? Want to use my current XL for homebrew and according to nintendos site both 3ds need to be on latest fw for system transfer.

Top Bottom