• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/carts/applications/games]

ffdgh

Currently, on Amazon.ca

qfEiVvQ.png

lmao

No wrords...Heck the price inflation itself is amazing XD

I wonder if Nintendo is planning to do something, or if they even can at this point.

I'm sure right now they're just having to wait for the release like everyone else, then they'll try to figure out what they can do. I'm sure they'll do something, but I think once it's done there'll be nothing they can do to undo it short of a user doing something dumb. It'll probably turn into some sort of back and forth where they try something, and people figure out how to get around what they try.

ffdgh

Hopefully my order through PlayAsia completes; I see they're out of stock now. :S

Btw Nintendo has already pulled the JP eShop version down.

B2xrVVcCAAAkzxO.png

Wow that was fast. They really aren't taking any chances after DS and Wii and I can't blame them lol.

I'm sure right now they're just having to wait for the release like everyone else, then they'll try to figure out what they can do. I'm sure they'll do something, but I think once it's done there'll be nothing they can do to undo it short of a user doing something dumb. It'll probably turn into some sort of back and forth where they try something, and people figure out how to get around what they try.
Do you think this would be similar to Smash Stack? It works on all system menus for the Wii and was never patched.

They could patch the game... But then people could just not update or delete it. Admittedly I don't know a lot about this stuff.

I bought a japanese version for 10 £, since i've got a japanese 3ds that i never use

hope that someone will unlock the console region somehow with this

Arizato

Tried to snag a copy yesterday here in sweden on Tradera (Basically swedish Ebay). My purchase went through and I was super excited all day yesterday. About 8 hours later I get an E-mail from the reseller: "We are very sorry, but we cannot deliver your order due to a stock error. We do not know how it happened."

Cannot find this anywhere right now. Probably going to call my local Gamestop but I doubt thry have it.

Symtendo

I've only been in Australia for a year so I don't know for sure but I am assuming the 'B' in JB HiFI stands for beauty?

Got a copy for 10 bucks in there this afternoon!
Perfect timing as I'll have a spare 3DS in 2 days time!

Do you think this would be similar to Smash Stack? It works on all system menus for the Wii and was never patched.

They could patch the game... But then people could just not update or delete it. Admittedly I don't know a lot about this stuff.

I don't know shit either, just random speculation. I just think it's obviously a safe bet that Nintendo will certainly try something. I'll go ahead and bet there's no stopping it effectively, though. Like you said if they push an update, don't accept it, or delete it.

I already ordered mine before the spike, but it's supposed to ship today or tomorrow. And since it's still saying "Preparing for Delivery" I'm worried about a delayed "Inventory Error" bullshit.

Lyriell

I've only been in Australia for a year so I don't know for sure but I am assuming the 'B' in JB HiFI stands for beauty?

Got a copy for 10 bucks in there this afternoon!
Perfect timing as I'll have a spare 3DS in 2 days time!

Stands for the initials of the guy who opened the first store in East Keilor like 1000 years ago.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Amazon.it is completely sold out besides a few listings going for outrageous €70 shipped (it was €15 shipped less than 10 hours ago with plenty of copies and sellers around).

My order has shipped but I won't feel safe until I get it -_-

FSLink

Banned
Is there a better place than Amazon to get a JPN copy of Cubic Ninja that has it in stock?

I should have grabbed it off the eShop. :(

SalvaPot

You know what guys, I really don't care about this homebrew stuff but seen all of you so eager to find a copy I'll go check at a few stores around the block an see if there are any copies and give away, I'm on Mexico btw so chances are no one will know they game its worth Xenoblade now.

Is this the kind of exploit that could be easily fixed with the next system update?

I'd be willing to look around for this game tomorrow (it seems like the kind of game that'd be randomly found at Fred Meyer's or local game stores without too much trouble if there are any left), but if the exploit will be fixed in a week or two I'd rather not bother...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is this the kind of exploit that could be easily fixed with the next system update?

I'd be willing to look around for this game tomorrow (it seems like the kind of game that'd be randomly found at Fred Meyer's or local game stores without too much trouble if there are any left), but if the exploit will be fixed in a week or two I'd rather not bother...

Next system update? Super unlikely.
When Nintendo will be able to tap the hole it'll likely be too late and the usual rabbit chase will begin, with the updated exploit (imo) staying a step forward each time.
But regardless, no one is able to tell you for sure at the moment.

baphomet

Gohastings are fucking idiots. They cancelled my order for $10 because they didn't have stock, even though I ordered when they had double digits left.I agreed because I easily grabbed a few today. Then the fucking idiots shipped it and sent me an email saying to pay for it.

Next system update? Super unlikely.
When Nintendo will be able to tap the hole it'll likely be too late and the usual rabbit chase will begin, with the updated exploit (imo) staying a step forward each time.
But regardless, no one is able to tell you for sure at the moment.

Makes sense. I'll try looking around for it in stores in my area. THere's a Fred Meyer near me that still has several PSP 3000's for sale, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have a copy of this game laying around too, haha.

Arizato

I feel incredibly lucky! After yesterdays failure I just called my local Gamestop and it turns out they had it for 9 dollars. Feels awesome!

BY2K

Membero Americo
EU and NA New 3DSes will probably come out of the box with a fix for this, now that I think about it.

Rich!

EU and NA New 3DSes will probably come out of the box with a fix for this, now that I think about it.

Well it's a good thing my PAL Region E New Nintendo 3DS XL was shipped out to me yesterday then!

Anyhow, the copy I ordered from GAME for £4.28 turned up today!

My body is ready, etc etc.

Hasney

Heh, even Club Nintendo points Not a bad deal at all.

EDIT: mine was pre-owned, but I haven't even opened the box. Maybe I should...

chunk3rvd

Ordered a copy off Play-Asia yesterday for £19.95 which hasn't shipped yet. I see that UK customs will probably add VAT on orders over £15. Any way I can try and avoid this? Will Play-Asia mark items down if you request it or mark them as gifts? Thought the customs limit was £20 so would rather not get stung with extra costs if possible :/

This is an interesting thread. Who knew a level editor could be used so well?
I know Project M was an exploit, but a homebrew program is a whole other thing.

Rich!

Ordered a copy off Play-Asia yesterday for £19.95 which hasn't shipped yet. I see that UK customs will probably add VAT on orders over £15. Any way I can try and avoid this? Will Play-Asia mark items down if you request it or mark them as gifts? Thought the customs limit was £20 so would rather not get stung with extra costs if possible :/

Its absolute pot luck. I ordered a Wii U Pro Controller from PlayAsia and it avoided customs. On the other hand, I got hit with charges on two super famicom games from ebay which were only £20. Added another £12 on top in charges.

My RGB N64 from america came through fine, yet my XRGB Mini was hit by customs.

Just hope you dont get caught, really.

Hasney

This is an interesting thread. Who knew a level editor could be used so well?
I know Project M was an exploit, but a homebrew program is a whole other thing.

The Smash Stack in the stage editor that launches Project M can also be used to install the homebrew channel on both Wii and the Wii mode of Wii U.

Top Bottom