• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Update Now Available: Adds Miiverse, L+R to activate camera, etc

I chose the Wii U Mii and still have all my streetpass data. Didn´t check anything else. The Mii is identical because i exported it from the 3DS when i got my Wii U. ^^

See that was smart thinking, my Wii U and 3DS Mii's are different, so am really worried about losing data. Was it just in 3D Land that people have lost data? Or is it on all downloadable titles?

My save data on both consoles is still fine
My miis were differentish. I mean they looked basically the same, but they were both created from scratch.

See that was smart thinking, my Wii U and 3DS Mii's are different, so am really worried about losing data. Was it just in 3D Land that people have lost data? Or is it on all downloadable titles?

Played Ace Attorney after the whole thing, no issues with my save. Maybe it's only games what actually associate saves with a Mii?

OK, I found the post about losing Wii U save data by choosing to use the 3DS Mii when linking the NNID to the 3DS. It was an article comment, not a forum post:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...iverse_and_unified_eshop_funds#comment2103758

Of course, I have no idea whether this person made a mistake in the linking process or not. I'm just taking it at face value.

Hmm. I also noticed in the Nintendo tutorial vid it shows that you have to click something on your Wii U NNID settings, but doesn't say what you actually have to change http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/N...ntendo-Network-ID-on-Nintendo-3DS-841648.html

Not

Banned
My very first-ish Miiverse post:

zlCfzRO0HngXe6aNib

Not

Banned
Does anyone know how to update your Mii's appearance once it's registered? I can change the name but I messed with the hair and my avatar hasn't updated yet

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Miiverse may provide a sense of community for those who aren't on some other service but it doesn't seem to provide the discussion aspect which is what makes neogaf or other forums worth it in the first place. Its more like a constant twitter feed than a discussion forum or social network.

I saw some one post that you could get in a shell in mario 3df by pressing the trigger, others were posting thanking the guy, then some one mentioned the roll maove, and everyone was all woh thanks man!

there for it has served its purpoise.

I apologize if this has already been answered. What does this all mean for someone who owns and currently uses a 2DS, a 3DS, and a 3DSXL?

You can use Miiverse now, and your camera-'lite' mode won't accidentally activate from you tapping L OR R on the Home menu, as it now requires both to be pressed simultaneously.

Shared eShop balance is only between one 3DS-type console, and one Wii U, with both using the same NNID. You don't get any special benefits from having all three of those 3DS family consoles, just one and a Wii U.

Shared eShop balance is only between one 3DS-type console, and one Wii U, with both using the same NNID. You don't get any special benefits from having all three of those 3DS family consoles, just one and a Wii U.
Thank you. This is kind of lame; PlayStation Plus has spoiled me.

If the NNID is tied to one 3DS-family system only and I want to download free games/demos on the other two, do I have to create 2 more NNID accounts for no reason?

japtor

I chose my 3DS Mii...and apparently it reset my Wii Sports Club stuff. Generally not a big deal but now I can't use my taunts cause it can't find them, even though they still show up on Miiverse. Guess I gotta draw some more.

My 3D World data looks fine, although I wonder if my time ghosts got reset (in case it's related to online stuff). Haven't tried much on the 3DS yet.

I choose my 3DS mii as well and can confirm that it deleted my Wii Sports profile and progress. Haven't had a chance to check any other games. Definite bummer.

Firebrand

Once I create a NNID my country will be locked, right? Seems like it'd be more advantageous to stay with UK even if it's not where I live.

Was gonna buy Crimson Shroud as I heard there was a sale on it until Jan 2nd, not seeing it though. Edit: Ah, might be going live later today. Will have to wait a little bit then.

I got the Mario 3D Land bug too.
I chose to use my Wii U Mii, and when I boot the game it shows all 3 slots as new game. If I click on one it allows me to set a Mii, I select the Wii U Mii, and it reverts to the Mii posted a few pages back, but allows me to continue from where I left off.
However, if I choose to use Letterbox Nikki's Mii it acts like normal, allowing me to copy saves and showing what level I'm up to.

breakfuss

Its absence has likely been lamented to death by now, but I still cannot get over the lack of a Fire Emblem community. What kind of godforsaken oversight is that? Hell, why is there no MP at all in Fire Emblem? >.<

wrowa

Its absence has likely been lamented to death by now, but I still cannot get over the lack of a Fire Emblem community. What kind of godforsaken oversight is that? Hell, why is there no MP at all in Fire Emblem at all? >.<
They'll hopefully add more communities for older games in the coming weeks.

breakfuss

They'll hopefully add more communities for older games in the coming weeks.

Yeah, I figured, but it was the community I was most looking forward to since I just started playing. So many questions concerning strategy, etc. Seems like a perfect showcase for what miiverse can be. I'm not sure how many more 3D land photos of mario jumping on a question block I can look at.

I sent NOE an e-mail (via the webform) regarding my Snapdots issue (if I make an NNID, I can't access the Australian eShop which I need access to in order to download the title as I get an error code and software unavailable in the UK). I also cheekily asked if I could get demos without NNID, even if I had to bug them each time.

It being Nintendo UK I expect no response or a response within the year.

I thought it was to allow your new shared balance to be used to buy the new StreetPass games. That's probably all it is.
That can't be right. If every game with DLC required an update to use the shared balance then why is not news of a Fire Emblem, Theatrhythm etc update.

I'd expect it be something obtuse like removing the puzzle swap total from progress (again?) or maybe fixing the Warirors Way bug when you change Miis (the old one exists in the leaderbaord along with the new one that replaces it, Mii Force just replaces the Mii in the high scores).

Its absence has likely been lamented to death by now, but I still cannot get over the lack of a Fire Emblem community. What kind of godforsaken oversight is that? Hell, why is there no MP at all in Fire Emblem? >.<
There is that mode where you and a buddy pair up and take on units (I never thought I'd be saying this but give me FE7 link arena). Around the release of the game Nintendo UK thought it would be great to showcase that game along with some other multiplayer games (MH, Luigis Mansion) in a few GAME stores.

Khaz

I sent NOE an e-mail (via the webform) regarding my Snapdots issue (if I make an NNID, I can't access the Australian eShop which I need access to in order to download the title as I get an error code and software unavailable in the UK). I also cheekily asked if I could get demos without NNID, even if I had to bug them each time.

Ooh I didn't know this game was available through the australian eShop, I might give it a go! I wonder if they have many other exclusive games, usuually it's the other way round.

I have sent three e-mails to Nintendo UK and FR regarding this country issue. So far none have been replied to, except for the first one which I got sent a survey about the quality of customer support. Lol.

This NNID is becoming an annoyance, as I won't be able to download the Nano Assault EX demo coming today.

Khaz

Standard missing-the-point reply from Nintendo UK

Dear ,

Thank you for you email.

To answer your question, once you have linked your console to a created Nintendo Network ID (NNID), your console would then be locked to the country that your ID is set to.

For example, if your ID is set to the UK, then regardless of which country your console is set to, once the ID has been linked to it, the country would then change to the UK as well.

The country that you set your console to would only enable you to access that countries eShop.

Nintendo is a global company and we offer a number of different services and products across the world and due to this, it is not possible to link eShop accounts which have been set-up to different regions. The reasons for this is due to the differences in the localisations of game titles and some titles not being available in certain regions.

We hope this helps answer your questions.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Their habit of separating every sentence in a paragraph is annoying. Putting several spaces between said paragraphs makes reading quite difficult. Anyway, now that I have someone to speak to, I'll be able to press forward.

I'd advise anyone who's worried about accessing eShops when moving within Europe to send them an e-mail asking how to change country. This policy shouldn't happen in Europe where everyone is by law free to move and settle anywhere regardless of their country of origin. What they're pushing is bordeline illegal.

I chose my 3DS Mii...and apparently it reset my Wii Sports Club stuff. Generally not a big deal but now I can't use my taunts cause it can't find them, even though they still show up on Miiverse. Guess I gotta draw some more.

My 3D World data looks fine, although I wonder if my time ghosts got reset (in case it's related to online stuff). Haven't tried much on the 3DS yet.

Hmm, interesting. I'm guessing this is the only Wii U game with saved data attached to the Mii then? I prefer the way my Wii U Mii looks, and if it will only affect my 3d land save I'm not too fussed. Just worried about my Pokemon (downloaded) save..

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Japan saw already brand new communities being added on Miiverse, all for the brand new releases of the week over there

Puzzle & Dragons Z
Hometown Story
An Hello Kitty game
The sequel of the game with the creeeeeeepy Pikmin-like creatures
...I don't know
VitaminZ Revolution
Order Land!
escapeVektor

I'm wondering when Western Miiverses will see this week's releases communities appear.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To change you Mii:

3DS - Go to settings and then NNID settings. There should be a change Mii option there.
Wii U - click you Mii icon in the corner of the homescreen. Select to change NNID settings and then there should be an option to change Mii.

Khaz

I want to see Ecco screenshots...except I can't since I won't make an NNID and lose redownload access to snapdots.

Thanks to you I went to the australian eShop. Isn't everything cheaper over there? I checked Ecco which is at $5.85 (=€3.79) instead of £4.09 (=€4.86) or €4.49. I might do all my shopping over there now.

Wait, what?

setting up a NNID not only restricts you to a single eShop, it also prevents you to redownload stuff that are exclusive to a different eShop.

But not setting a NNID means no demos, no Miiverse account. Miiverse without an account is restricted to the popular posts: 3DS communites are still empty for us.

Thanks to you I went to the australian eShop. Isn't everything cheaper over there? I checked Ecco which is at $5.85 (=€3.79) instead of £4.09 (=€4.86) or €4.49. I might do all my shopping over there now.

setting up a NNID not only restricts you to a single eShop, it also prevents you to redownload stuff that are exclusive to a different eShop.

But not setting a NNID means no demos, no Miiverse account. Miiverse without an account is restricted to the popular posts: 3DS communites are still empty for us.

uhwhaa? That doesn't sound nice. Didn't Nintendo just fix this or something?

Here's my situation. I'll buy opening up a 3DS and WiiU this christmas. I'll have to put an account, and figured I'd be sharing it between the two consoles, if possible.

What do you recommend I should do?

On the Wii U I believe you can make multiple NNID and set them to different countries within your region. It seems on the 3DS if you want to keep the flexibility of country changing you can not enjoy the benefits of NNID.

Thanks to you I went to the australian eShop. Isn't everything cheaper over there? I checked Ecco which is at $5.85 (=&#8364;3.79) instead of £4.09 (=&#8364;4.86) or &#8364;4.49. I might do all my shopping over there now.
Depends on currency conversion (for instance back in May I was getting about $1.5 AUD for £1 but now I get about $1.8 AUD), don't forget any bank charges for foreign currency. Also you will not get Club Nintendo stars (as you have no Club Nintendo account to link to and for it to appear on Club Nintendo the link needs to exist when the purchase is made) ask yourself how much the 50 stars you miss out are worth.

I also have to consider the eShop credit I bought was at 10% off (so £50 actually cost me £45). In the above example if Ecco was out in May this would mean the UK was cheaper for me in May (and even without Australia is negligibly less).

DLC generally does not give Club Nintendo stars* though (Wii Sports Club seems to be an exception). Also remember a downside to all this is if you paid less,the publisher also gets less (but if it makes you buy more you get to support more developers).
*-I bought the Mii plaza DLC from South Africa (which was odd as earlier this year their eShop was only Nintendo Letter Box). Accounting for the eShop credit thing above though it only worked out £0.09 cheaper and it was a bit of effort switching country, opening eShop, opening Mii plaza, checking price 5 or so times.

Some would speculated this is the reason NNID is so restrictive (in the past on the Wii going to or from Australia would wipe your Wii points balance** and DSiWare could not change country at all).
**-But it is more likely that was due to it being a single wallet and potentially leading to situations of Nintendo subsidiaries paying out more to developers than they were receiving in revenue.

Khaz

uhwhaa? That doesn't sound nice. Didn't Nintendo just fix this or something?

Here's my situation. I'll buy opening up a 3DS and WiiU this christmas. I'll have to put an account, and figured I'd be sharing it between the two consoles, if possible.

What do you recommend I should do?

You update first. Without it, no eShop at all. Then you resist linking your 3DS to a NNID and ponder about your options.

Exclusives to certain eShops within the Europe/Oceania zone are:
- Snapdots (DSiWare) only in Australia
- Link's awakening DX (deutsch) only in Germany
- Link's awakening DX (français) only in France
- Link's awakening DX (english) everywhere except Germany and France.
- Videos within the eShop. NintendoUnleashed only in the UK, I don't know about others.
- Many games (both DSiWare and 3DS) out only in Europe, not in Australia. Wikipedia has an incomplete list of them.

Not linking a NNID limits your eShop access to paid stuff: the free downloads like demos and the occasional videos are off limits.
Linking a NNID bars you from (re)downloading the listed exclusive software if not pertaining to your country.
Linking a NNID locks you in a single country eShop. Even if you settle in a different european country like you are legally free to do, you will only have access to your initial eShop, prices and currency included. Nintendo Videos are also locked to that initial country but it needs its own paragraph.

Nintendo Videos. This is a fun one. Videos in this application are exclusive to each country and IP-blocked. Which means each country may or may not have different content (translations or general exclusives), but this content is not accessible while travelling. Example: you setup your 3DS as UK. in the UK you have access to UK videos only. Abroad you don't have access to UK videos (IP-block) nor local videos (3DScountry-blocked). Sometimes the IP-block is lifted like this summer, presumably when Nintendo execs on vacation flew to the spanish riviera and their kids couldn't access videos. Again if you lock your 3DS in a single country with NNID and then settle in a different one, you're screwed.

Miiverse. Without a NNID you are limited to view posts and replies. within a community you can only see the popular posts, not "all posts" nor "player posts". You can't search for posts or mark them as favourite. Popular posts are updated once a ?, none are showing for 3DS communities as of yet.

I think I put everything.

I want to see Ecco screenshots...except I can't since I won't make an NNID and lose redownload access to snapdots.
So far no new communities in Europe though even with the communities Japan got we still have more than they do...

But the eShop page has 3 screenshots (one is the splash screen so bleh) and they are 3D so I was wrong on that front (I assumed the eShop was so bad screenshots were 2D). The Galaxy force 2 screens I'm getting double vision on though.

EdgeXL

I am a bit miffed that Ecco gets a community but there is still no Fire Emblem community. Nothing against Ecco but come on, Nintendo.

Top Bottom