• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Update Now Available: Adds Miiverse, L+R to activate camera, etc

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I didn't watch the first 3DS update but this 2nd one has been on the "Updating... Do not turn the power off. " for like 5+ mins.

Not normal right? :(

Edit: I'm scared to turn it off. This is my main system. I can't lose it all.....

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I didn't watch the first 3DS update but this 2nd one has been on the "Updating... Do not turn the power off. " for like 5+ mins.

Not normal right? :(

Edit: I'm scared to turn it off. This is my main system. I can't lose it all.....

Well 12 hours later on the same screen.
Went ahead and turned it off, and it was fine. Updated after that.

Well, my Doge is surely lame but I will post it anyway, damnit

zlCfzRPLf5sKRB6A5B

Platy

They any good?

VERY.

Warrior's Way is the only that is kinda lame but it comes free if you buy every other.

12 dolares for 4 games.

Mii Force, Flower Town and Monster Manor are all ridiculously full of stuff to do and deph and love.

Mii Force is an awesome Shooter, Flower Town is Animal Crossing levels of addiction (including the part where you explains how it is addicting and everyone says "...looks boring") and Monster Manor is a somehow Turn Based RPG mixed with Tetris

MaxDOL

As a third world citizen with US 3DS, I can not decide which Country Eshop should I link with Nintendo ID.
For convenience sake when adding fund I should choose Canada. But I fear if later on Nintendo decide to not accept International credit card in Canadian Eshop. It would be a pain because then I would have to rely on Eshop card but the Canadian one are hard to find online compare to The
American one.

diaspora

As a third world citizen with US 3DS, I can not decide which Country Eshop should I link with Nintendo ID.
For convenience sake when adding fund I should choose Canada. But I fear if later on Nintendo decide to not accept International credit card in Canadian Eshop. It would be a pain because then I would have to rely on Eshop card but the Canadian one are hard to find online compare to The
American one.

Most shoppers drug mart stores and wal-marts have them afaik.

Well 12 hours later on the same screen.
Went ahead and turned it off, and it was fine. Updated after that.
This reminds me since the update sometimes when I power off the 3DS then screen dims but the power and wireless lights stay on. Hitting power again turns it off. Anyone else had the same?

I don't really like the app. It seems a little sluggish and loads like it's running within the 3DS web browser.
I would be really surprised if it wasn't running off that browser. RAM doesn't grow on trees (well I guess they could use a pagefile on the SD card or something).

Which makes me wonder if it does any special handshakes. i.e. if you change your user agent on a web browser to match the 3DS Miiverse one would you be able to post threads outside of hardware?

It is at this stage that I echo this: Have you given consideration to not bothering with game demos or Miiverse? If that is not an option for you, I guess you will have to hope Nintendo don't block international cards.

zychi

Banned
i dont know where else to ask this. i have both a wii u and 3ds, i have purchased games on both systems digitally, and only have saves on the 3ds. how do i merge my nnid like the new update is supposed to let me? i cant find what information i used for either account.

edit: nevermind, i had to go into miiverse to actually get the option to connect them. i was trying via the eshop

D-e-f-

Banned
i dont know where else to ask this. i have both a wii u and 3ds, i have purchased games on both systems digitally, and only have saves on the 3ds. how do i merge my nnid like the new update is supposed to let me? i cant find what information i used for either account.

Err ...you just follow the onscreen instructions. Log into your NNID on your 3DS. Done. If you failed to make a password you would actually remember let me first say: great job! Secondly, try the recovery: https://id.nintendo.net/

Decider

I have a US 3DS and a UK Wii U- as I understand it, I'll have to create separate NNIDs for each console to link to separate Club Nintendo accounts for each relevant region. Are there any consequences if I use Miis with the same (distinct) names or system usernames on both systems? I wouldn't have thought so (given the generic Mii/creator names a lot of people would have registered) but I've bought a lot of Canadian eShop content on my 3DS and I don't want to lose access to what I've downloaded in future.

catabarez

VERY.

Warrior's Way is the only that is kinda lame but it comes free if you buy every other.

12 dolares for 4 games.

Mii Force, Flower Town and Monster Manor are all ridiculously full of stuff to do and deph and love.

Mii Force is an awesome Shooter, Flower Town is Animal Crossing levels of addiction (including the part where you explains how it is addicting and everyone says "...looks boring") and Monster Manor is a somehow Turn Based RPG mixed with Tetris

I can't seem to buy them :( My 3DS freezes after I ask the guy to show me the price.

VERY.

12 dolares for 4 games.

my favorite one is warriors way. its like a version of my monster is better than yours 90s game. i have 7 mirrion troops.

japtor

VERY.

12 dolares for 4 games.

Do they all work the same way as the others where you need StreetPass friends (or hire wandering heroes) to progress?

D-e-f-

Banned
I have a US 3DS and a UK Wii U- as I understand it, I'll have to create separate NNIDs for each console to link to separate Club Nintendo accounts for each relevant region. Are there any consequences if I use Miis with the same (distinct) names or system usernames on both systems? I wouldn't have thought so (given the generic Mii/creator names a lot of people would have registered) but I've bought a lot of Canadian eShop content on my 3DS and I don't want to lose access to what I've downloaded in future.

Yes, obviously you can't mix currencies and regions. You need separate accounts for different regions. What name or Mii you choose is irrelevant. Think of yourself as two people. :)

Shane

I can't seem to buy them :( My 3DS freezes after I ask the guy to show me the price.

Leave it for five minute. Since the update it appears to freeze but it's just being vacant for a while. Go make a cup of tea and it should be ready when you come back.

This keeps happening to me as well. I end up getting an error, which after looking up means I can't connect to the eShop, but I have no issues opening the eShop itself. A few times I got to the point where I thought I was going to start downloading them but I just ended up getting the same error. I was hoping to have these games for that StreetPass thing that Nintendo is doing this weekend but I guess it's not going to happen.

MNC

Omfg @ Patrick

Sidenote: Help me spend my 15 bucks. I want to buy atleast 1 GB Zelda, but if I have to buy Oracle of Ages, I would want Oracle of Seasons as well. Also, what's a great indie game to buy on it?

Robin64

Omfg @ Patrick

Sidenote: Help me spend my 15 bucks. I want to buy atleast 1 GB Zelda, but if I have to buy Oracle of Ages, I would want Oracle of Seasons as well. Also, what's a great indie game to buy on it?

Do you own VVVVVV? Because if not, there's your answer.

Rootbeer

Banned
After this update when I go into the eShop and browse my downloads, some of the items show as N/A with no icon or identifying text, I'm guessing those are old videos or something removed? Honestly I've purchased so many games and downloaded so many demos/videos that I can't tell what they used to be. Just hoping they aren't purchased games that somehow I can't download now...

Khaz

After this update when I go into the eShop and browse my downloads, some of the items show as N/A with no icon or identifying text, I'm guessing those are old videos or something removed? Honestly I've purchased so many games and downloaded so many demos/videos that I can't tell what they used to be. Just hoping they aren't purchased games that somehow I can't download now...

Dammit I have these as well! I think they are all the E3 videos from 2012 and 2011 that got deleted from their servers.
I have 11 entries without text nor icons. Many more just without an icon that I can't download, but hey, at least I know what I'm missing.

Mecca

This reminds me since the update sometimes when I power off the 3DS then screen dims but the power and wireless lights stay on. Hitting power again turns it off. Anyone else had the same?

That's happened to me once since the update. I thought something was wrong with my 3DS. Nintendo needs to fix this. I think a new update will be rolling out soon. There seems to be a few bugs they need to iron out.

Khaz

Dammit I have these as well! I think they are all the E3 videos from 2012 and 2011 that got deleted from their servers.
I have 11 entries without text nor icons. Many more just without an icon that I can't download, but hey, at least I know what I'm missing.

ok the delisted stuff are all videos, the first game videos that were offered in 2011 when the eShop first appeared. You had: luigi's mansion 2, super mario, paper mario, mario kart, animal crossing (two videos), kid icarus uprising, resident evil revelations, starfox 64 3D, metal gear solid snake eater 3D, zelda ocarina of time.

I keep everything.

watershed

Banned
So 3ds owners, what are your impressions of Miiverse now that we've had it for a bit? Is it interesting? Useful? Are you still using it at all?

For myself, its a much better experience once I started following some fellow gaffers and other people who post interesting stuff. But just looking at each community is awful because of all the "follow me please!" and "give me 50 yeahs and I'll tell you a secret!" posts. The filters are also useful for weeding out the crap, sometimes.

Top Bottom