• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5pb announcing Xbox One title on 27th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
5pb. Will hold a "meeting presentation software for Xbox One" in Tokyo on Tuesday, May 27, 2014. It was found to be distributed by live NicoNicoVideo, the pattern. As might be about 1 hour from 13:00 to time. It's the place where what announcement or be done, to be worried about. Below, is an excerpt from the release.  Introducing software line-up all-in-one entertainment system "Xbox One (X-box one)", which was the core of the game new generation marketed in Japan's decision on Thursday, September 4 for the finally.  In addition to the title that has been previously announced, we will send you a new information and game titles for the first time published in this presentation.  In addition, we will from Japan microphone solo soft Co., Ltd., also to welcome guests on the day. ~ ※ 1 hour schedule (Tuesday) 13:00, 27 May [Dates] 2014

Famitsu via Google translate (which was first mentioned by Lifelower on twitter
(who is the source of all my threads today!)

Might be other announcements too? Here is the original is someone wants to translate

5pb.は、2014年5月27日(火)に都内にて“Xbox One向けソフトウェア発表会”を開催。その模様を、ニコニコ動画にて生配信することを明らかにした。時間は13時から1時間程度とのことだ。どのような発表が行われるのか、気になるところだ。以下、リリースからの抜粋となる。

いよいよ日本国内発売が9月4日(木)に決定した新世代のゲームを中核としたオールインワン エンターテイメントシステム “Xbox One(エックスボックスワン)”向けのソフトウェアラインアップをご紹介。
 すでに発表されているタイトルに加え、この発表会で初公開となるゲームタイトルや新情報をお届けいたします。
 また、当日は日本マイクソロソフト株式会社様より、ゲストもお迎えする予定です。
【開催日時】2014年5月27日(火)13時~ ※1時間予定

Also?

Makoto Asada project would probably also be revealed.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=794531

Wikipedia page for those that don't know what 5pb have released

le.phat

Microsoft better paid a fat stack for that game, because an exclusive geared towards japan sounds like a death sentence.

If it is a shmup I'm all for it; If it is just another random puzzler like Constant C I won't care.

EDIT: If it is a beatemup I might care but PB: BG was far from being a great beatemup.

Tain

There is no way Microsoft gave 5pb Phantom Dust.

I hope.

I'm being slightly optimistic that this is an STG and not a visual novel.

le.phat said:
Microsoft better paid a fat stack for that game, because an exclusive geared towards japan sounds like a death sentence.

Do we really need this to be the dominant conversation in every single thread involving the Xbox One and a Japanese game? It was obnoxious with the 360, let alone now.

A Bravely Default console game. I distinctly remember them mentioning the desire to expand beyond mobile with the IP.

I'm just going of the Wiki page, I'm not sure what part they had in the game. If they didn't developed it, feel free to pummel me to the brink of death >.<

Beckx

Well a 5pb shmup and an Asada shmup could push me into an Xbone purchase, that's for sure.

What's the region lock situation for the console?

My guess is port announcements for Steins Gate, Constant C, ect. I'm expecting a new title from Mages though at some point due to that teaser site.

Tagg9

My guess is port announcements for Steins Gate, Constant C, ect. I'm expecting a new title from Mages though at some point due to that teaser site.

I really can't see them porting Steins;Gate to another platform. Plus, they'd have to redo all the artwork for 1080p. It has to be a new project.

I really can't see them porting Steins;Gate to another platform. Plus, they'd have to redo all the artwork for 1080p. It has to be a new project.
You raise a good point. I guess I really didn't think about the work that would go into a port, just thought of popular titles

Though, who's to say they don't already have high-resolution assets? The game has been on multiple resolutions at this point, though I think the highest so far is 720p.

I reckon it'll be Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst, which was supposed to come out for the 360 but got delayed indefinitely without any real reason being given.

takoyaki

I've never heard of 5pb...

they develop/co-develop/publish a lot of niche games (mainly visual novels), some of which are very good games:

Steins;Gate
Corpse Party
Dunamis 15
Phantom Breaker
Ever 17
Robotics;Notes
Memories Off
They also published some of the Cave games

What really makes them stand out for me is their long support for the 360 in Japan.

jbug617

Banned
looks like it's going to be Asada's project
https://twitter.com/DIV8_ASDF/status/471131514734776321

BonLnHaIcAAtyZa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom