• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5pb announcing Xbox One title on 27th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arzehn

So this is the start of the reveals.

I just realized that E3 is pretty close now (June 10-12th). So I imagine there will be more announcements leading up to it.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with E3, lol. Xbox doing a media blitz in Japan today. Uploaded like 25 videos to their japanese youtube channel like 30 minutes ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if this game stays in Japan only.

GamerJM

Banned
looks like it's going to be Asada's project
https://twitter.com/DIV8_ASDF/status/471131514734776321

BonLnHaIcAAtyZa.jpg

What has Asada developed before?

Man, I just realized that Uchikoshi's next project being an Xbox One exclusive would be a total system seller to me.

Squire

Banned
But then Japan game announcements wouldn't have to do with E3, but with a lead up to TGS. Plus, this would seem a bit early for something like that.

The console is out there before TGS. Their launch has nothing to do with that show, so it's not too crazy for them to start talking now. Which they're clearly ready to do, given they've put out details on pricing and SKUs.

Also, Sorncer has said more announcements are coming prior to E3, so if there are a bunch of JP XBO games revealed in the next two weeks, I expect at least 1-2 of them will also be for the west.

JB2448

Just the head of Microsoft Japan's interactive entertainment division talking about Xbox One's features so far.

FluxWaveZ

Also, Sorncer has said more announcements are coming prior to E3, so if there are a bunch of JP XBO games revealed in the next two weeks, I expect at least 1-2 of them will also be for the west.

I thought Phil Spencer said that there would be announcements before TGS, but not as a lead-up to E3, with the exception of one title?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds is getting a PS4 port / enhancement, so maybe they'll announce it's XB1 release as well? Would be there Day One.

One thing I've enjoyed about 5pb lately is that they really seem to be trying to head towards global releases and distribution. The annoyance of Phantom Breaker the fighter getting mixed up with 7Sixty really seemed to light a fire under them, towards self-publishing and attempting international notoriety.

I'd love to see their games internationally on XB1. It's nice the system is region free too. I'd also be interested in things like a Bullet Soul Digital release or something too. I hope to see some nice Japanese Support for the XB1. The smaller Japanese titles on 360 are some of my favorite games of the system... even the XBLIGs. Yuzo Koshiro, I still want a Mamotte Knight II!

Squire

Banned
I thought Phil Spencer said that there would be announcements before TGS, but not as a lead-up to E3, with the exception of one title?

He said there was more stuff coming before E3 right after they broke the Halo news, but he's spoken about TGS before. They seem to be taking Japan somewhat seriously.

ohlawd

whatever they announce here for X1, will I be able to go on the store to download it without messing with different accounts?

FluxWaveZ

He said there was more stuff coming before E3 right after they broke the Halo news, but he's spoken about TGS before. They seem to be taking Japan somewhat seriously.

Alright, but I'm specifically talking about Japanese game announcements as a prelude to E3, kind of related to this point:

One thing I've enjoyed about 5pb lately is that they really seem to be trying to head towards global releases and distribution. The annoyance of Phantom Breaker the fighter getting mixed up with 7Sixty really seemed to light a fire under them, towards self-publishing and attempting international notoriety.

Don't know if it's been done before, but several Japanese developers/publishers making announcements close to E3 would be interesting, as kind of a sign of global awareness/presence.

Please let this not be a visual novel

Current gen. visual novels... I like it.

Edit: Sega means Persona 5.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
The comments are golden

Half-life 3
Wii U
Shenmue
Please understand

lol

bloke

It's kinda strange seeing MS partnering with niche developer/publisher like 5pb/Mages for what seems to be their main promotional activity so far in Japan, guess they're not putting that much money this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom