• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5pb announcing Xbox One title on 27th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if someone linked the stream to 4chan i would say that may have some impact,because they know 1 means best and 5 means worst since some people keep told them what's the vote for in other stream votes.

But too be fair it's too much words for the show,i can see why japanese don't like it,though expecting too much from 5pb. is also a problem.

Poll results:

とても良かった (very good) 12.8%
まぁまぁ良かった 6.6%
ふつうだった 14.0%
あまり良くなかった 16.5%
良くなかった (not very good) 50%

なお来場者数(total visitors)は18,989人

does not really mean much, considering this is linked right to gaf, and trolls infested the stream right from the start. games weren't my kind of thing but i give it a 4

Are you implying that, had gaffers not had access to the poll, the Japanese gamers viewing a press conference dedicated to fairly uneventful game announcements for an Xbox console would've mostly given it a score other than 5?

Is it coming out on PC as well?

We don't know yet.

I'm just assuming so since PC has always been the core market for 5pb/Nitro+. In addition, the last Chaos game was on PC also.

I also doubt 5pb would go the console-only routes after how sales turned out for Robotics;Notes.

jbug617

Banned
I posted this in the other thread but here is the image from Asada's group

lnQGU6k.png

Tagg9

I suspect some of the Xbox One games have 6 months to a year of exclusivity, after which I'm sure they'll come out on Vita, PS4, PC, etc.

t26

In reverse, things that are going to flop are the best thing to shell out for moneyhat dough.

As if there is going to be a difference from the PC version.

Steins;Gate got different opening for Pc and PS3.

We don't know yet.

I'm just assuming so since PC has always been the core market for 5pb/Nitro+. In addition, the last Chaos game was on PC also.

I also doubt 5pb would go the console-only routes after how sales turned out for Robotics;Notes.

They didn't announced PC version of Robotics;Notes Elite or Steins;Gate spinoff so they are likely done with PC.

Sandfox

LMAO! I hope for 5pb's sake those games are not exclusive cause their looking like guaranteed flops.

They haven't released a PC game since Steins;Gate and even that was exclusive for a year.

I only watched 2 episodes of Psycho-Pass, but didn't like it. I kinda got uninterested when I found out that the bowl cut haired girl was the protagonist. She acted like the usual "everyone deserves a chance" person you see in an action movie. I never liked those kind of characters. Had an interesting concept though. I liked all the future stuff I saw in episode 2 at least.

Anyways, I didn't see anything I was interested in. Was still interesting to watch Microsoft try to appeal to the Japanese audience.

Psycho-Pass is really good IMO.

I suspect some of the Xbox One games have 6 months to a year of exclusivity, after which I'm sure they'll come out on Vita, PS4, PC, etc.

Asada's game is pretty hard to say will it port to other consoles/handhelds/PC

Chaos;Chaos feels it's not even (timed) exclusive,it just announce for Xbox One first

Busaiku

lol. Its going to be moeshit all most of the westerners hate. Calling it

Katsukyuki Motohiro will murder you.
Q: In a recent Japanese manga interview, Motohiro-san and Shiotani-san stated that Psycho-Pass was "anti-moe." What kind of tactics did you employ during production to get that?

Shiotani: So, to really boil it down, and this is an extreme example. This isn't in anyway exactly how we thought of it. To veer from moe we took the heroine and the hero, and to start we DIDN'T have Akane take her clothes off, and had Shinya take all of his clothes off. I don't know statistics, but there are quite a few female viewers.

In a conversation with Motohiro-san, we said we just wanted to pack it with as much testosterone and man-on-man drama, so to speak. But the viewers who are supporting the show, the most seem to be female.

Motohiro: I requested the anti-moe approach. That is because, we as children, as boys, we loved the high-tension, the man-dramas of Gundam and Patlabor. Those kind of dramas with the man-on-man action. So we wanted to create something with that kind of tension and excitement. I think most of you right now, but BL is very popular in Japan. So people who love BL, also got attached to the show. But Shiotani wanted to do anti-BL.

Shiotani: So, I think a lot of the fights that go, are men just going at each other. It really kind of spawned a different kind of...imagination and thinking. That was not really the intent.

I'm curious if you had to go through any similar methods for what they're going for in terms of working around what your audience might perceive, Ishizuka-san.

Ishizuka: So, when I first got the offer to direct Sakurasou, I never really directed a moe anime or a high school drama. It was really surprising to me that they would come to me to direct the series. I had no idea what the concept of "moe" was at the time. A lot of the production time was spent with the producers explaining to me what "buhiru"means. It seemed as though they were speaking a different language. I really had to play catch up in terminology when we started on this.

Sandfox

Asada's game is pretty hard to say will it port to other consoles/handhelds/PC

Chaos;Chaos feels it's not even (timed) exclusive,it just announce for Xbox One first

The 3rd game in the series was 360 exclusive so I would honestly be surprised if this one wasn't exclusive as well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
gawd, if they would port CAVE collections to Xbox One, i would be in heaven.

This would piss me off to no end cause I just bought the Cave STG Collection for the 360.

t26

I was thinking about pc vs console exclusive and got mixed up lol. I could still be this being exclusive since it would be an easy deal for MS to pull off.

Chaos Head and Stein Gate were both on Xbox 360 for some time before appearing on Sony system so it could happen if MS decides to moneyhat.

Jacqli

I want that Psycho-pass game. :( Steins;Gate is ported on almost any device, so I hope they'll announce it to other platforms (likecofvitacof)....

So I haven't played a Japanese adventure game before, but the Chaos Child Video intrigued me a bit. Is it a port? Anyone played it before? Any good?

t26

So I haven't played a Japanese adventure game before, but the Chaos Child Video intrigued me a bit. Is it a port? Anyone played it before? Any good?

No it is a sequel to Chaos Head, you can play it with fan translation on PC. Stein Gate is also part of the Science Adventure series and you can get it in English on PC. It is considered the best of the series.

t26

There is a Chaos Head anime but most people hate it so avoid that. However the Stein Gate anime is quit good so watch that if you dont feel like playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom