• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Dragon Quest XI gameplay videos, 3 PS4 and 3 3DS

I find myself holding out hope that the videos just use a temporary soundtrack and the actual game will actually sound different...

Yeah that's not going to happen I know but I still hope against hope

It would be amazing if the 2D version had more modern graphics, like Chrono Trigger (taller sprites, better animations, etc.). Toriyama's designs deserve this.

It would be amazing if the 2D version had more modern graphics, like Chrono Trigger (taller sprites, better animations, etc.). Toriyama's designs deserve this.

I think the 2D version is for nostalgia reason. More sophisticated 2D graphics won't evoke past 2D DQ.

Both versions for me, please.

I like the sound effects. I've always felt like they added a level of charm to the series, alongside Toriyama's style. MIDI also has its charm, but I wish that VIII in the US was a step up for the series musically, not a one-time thing.

Honestly I'd have preferred it if they were a bit shorter, like the SFC versions of DQV and DQI+II. Their simplistic aesthetic is far more charming than the elongated sprites of later games imo.

GrayFoxPL

Nah she just wants that seed of agility. If he doesn't give to her she's going to raise hell.

But to your point: yeah, ran into a couple like that in my dorm common room years ago. Guy throwing furniture, girl just watching peacefully.

Damn, would like to see that.

Someone should add "fuck this, and this, and this... " text to that gif, would probably come in handy while waiting for localization.

Lol good one.

So is there really no voice acting, even in the PS4 version? I know DQ never tries to be super modern or anything, but it would feel like a bit of a step back after 8 (at least in the west and the 3DS version in Japan) and the Heroes games being voiced. At least that would be one less hurdle for the localization if they don't have to record a dub, I guess.

Considering the quality of the recent DQH localizations, I'm relieved myself.

If the game does come out in the West though I wouldn't be surprised if it added them to the PS4 version. No VA seems like it would greatly limit the appeal of the game in the west

Top Bottom