• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Smashing Gift for NeoGAF

Skux

Now we just need a soundboard extension (like the Webm one) so we can play sounds next to posts!

Nooooo he didn't say "preorder cancelled!"

Xander just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about voice acting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in acting where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in voice acting, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to listen to Xander for Smash Bros, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Xander has alienated an entire market with this move.

Xander, publicly apologize and cancel your recordings for the
wonderful
site called Neogaf or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I will forever hear this line in that voice now lol amazing. Frantically pressing F over over here!

November NPD thread will get so much use out of line 5 hahaha.

Xander just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about voice acting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in acting where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in voice acting, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to listen to Xander for Smash Bros, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Xander has alienated an entire market with this move.

Xander, publicly apologize and cancel your recordings for the
wonderful
site called Neogaf or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Did you ever see Charles Martinet's vines? He do this all the time. Relax man.
or maybe I missed something in your post? Sarcasm?!?

Chû Totoro;137947747 said:
Its a reference to the "square enix just shot themselves in the foot" post for ff13 on 360. Line 3 is referencing that

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
slow-clap-gif.gif

Marvelous, the OT for the Wii U version should be narrated.

Mistle

I heard a gaffer randomly become roommates with Xander but I thought it too crazy to be true. That's awesome! Haha

MBR

Banned
This, coupled with the newest DYKG makes me want to make a thread named "Is it time for Nintendo to buy the Mega Man license?"

I'm sure that would be a really interesting thread.

But I'm to drunk to allow myself to make that thread.

FSLink

Banned
Chû Totoro;137947747 said:
People not getting the reference always makes it more funny than it should be, haha

Seriously tell him thanks. I would love him to say something like "please leave a message after the tone". :p

I always imagined the announcer to look like modern day Richard Gere, sitting in a fancy sofa with a cigar. Not a young guy. Wow.

Platy

He should team with Sunhi and make the best WEBM the world ever saw

He should totaly say "Hanafuda Deck !" or "Sukapon" since they don't have ANY chance of coming to smash =x

Its a reference to the "square enix just shot themselves in the foot" post for ff13 on 360. Line 3 is referencing that

Oh... /me feels stupid

People not getting the reference always makes it more funny than it should be, haha

Seriously tell him thanks. I would love him to say something like "please leave a message after the tone". :p

I'd rather have "Smash text" when I receive a short message on my phone :)

So, I got a new roommate last month. As fate would have it, that roommate happened to be Xander Mobus, the voice of the announcer in the new Super Smash Bros. titles for Wii U and 3DS.

What in the fuck. What are the chances of this happening?

Also, out of curiosity and if it's not too much to ask, are you roommates in a flat, college dorm or what? I have no clue how old any of you are...

Top Bottom