• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Smashing Gift for NeoGAF

I'm kind of surprised Nintendo didn't impose any restrictions on the use of his SSB announcer voice in his contract. But I'm not complaining. Line 3 is incredible.

Aeana

I'm kind of surprised Nintendo didn't impose any restrictions on the use of his SSB announcer voice in his contract. But I'm not complaining. Line 3 is incredible.

Considering they let Charles Martinet make all of those vines, they're probably not super strict as long as they don't endorse other products or things of that nature.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is god damn amazing! Thanks, Xander!

We need to link the OT one in the Smash for Wii U OT.

Crayolan

I believe he's said in youtube comments that Nintendo does own the rights to his voice as a "character", so there are certain restrictions to what he can say. For example, he isn't allowed to say the names of any Nintendo characters, especially those with a chance and getting into Smash. He has said that because he's gotten a lot of requests for it, if "SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U" doesn't appear on the title screen of the game he'll do that for us.

I believe he's said in youtube comments that Nintendo does own the rights to his voice as a "character", so there are certain restrictions to what he can say. For example, he isn't allowed to say the names of any Nintendo characters, especially those with a chance and getting into Smash. He has said that because he's gotten a lot of requests for it, if "SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U" doesn't appear on the title screen of the game he'll do that for us.

I saw an interview where he says some of the fighters quite a bit. He also says "Chrom..will not be in this game".

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This is amazing. Make sure you thank him a ton for everyone.

Is there any chance we could get a "SUPEEEER SMAAAAAAAAASH BROTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS"? You know, since the Wii U intro video doesn't have it?

That would be fantastic. But thanks regardless.

Dryk

He can't be that young o_o
XPLIYwlL_400x400.jpeg

can he ?
Holy shit. Kayfabe shattered.

hirokazu

Chû Totoro;137947747 said:
Did you ever see Charles Martinet's vines? He do this all the time. Relax man.
or maybe I missed something in your post? Sarcasm?!?

You can't be serious... LOL.

This is amazing though. So amazing.

This is AMAZING! :D

Thank you Xander for doing these, I truly appreciate you being so active in the fan community! :)

Here's one for you: can you attempt to imitate the N64 (Jeff Manning) and Melee (Dean Harrington) announcers? You said you were specifically told to imitate the Brawl (Pat Cashman) announcer, I would love to see if you could try those two!

Top Bottom