• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Anthology Blu Ray Official-Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuminus3 said:
This will probably be the most expensive version of Resurrection I'll ever purchase just to pee and poop on.

I didn't get the Spider-man trilogy set due to my contempt of the third one, but I contemplated it a few times with the idea of pouring sheep's blood on it and putting it on Youtube.

JB1981

I like the grainy look of Aliens. I hope the new transfer does at least some justice to the original look of the film, intended grain or not.

Dead

well not really...yet
Screenshots!

Cameron and the restoration team deliver. Crisis averted. Aliens looks phenomenal based on these shots. Colors look superb, detail is still there, etc.

DVD:

5l72c9.png

Blu-Ray:

vdhjzd.jpg

DVD:

1zbtdls.png

Blu-Ray:

20zei4h.jpg

DVD:

2uzulac.jpg

Blu-Ray:

i6b13c.jpg

DVD:

2cohq9w.png

Blu-Ray:

othy5e.jpg

Full size as well as more pics, as well as pics of Alien here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1258568&page=29

I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on these discs

Dead

well not really...yet
jett said:
Looks like it was made yesterday. hawt dayum.
Yeah, that first pic I posted of Weaver is amazing. It really does look like it was shot just yesterday as you said.

God that looks amazing.

Sigourney is so hot. Mmmm. Even today I'd hit that to high heaven.

Actually that's something horny people say, infact I'd be very intimidated in bed

Dead

well not really...yet
teiresias said:
Is this the director-approved color timing? It's obviously different from the DVD.
Yes. James Cameron personally oversaw the restoration. As did Ridley Scott for Alien I believe.

edit:

Statement from Aliens BD Set Producer Charles de Lauzirika:
"Ridley Scott personally supervised and approved the new master. I know because I was there with him at each session. He's very happy with the new "Gladiator" master. As he is with the new "Alien" master, by the way"

Yeah, Scott approved his movie as well.

teiresias

The grain is glorious!!! Going through the avsforum thread is amazing. I need to start going there more again, I've stopped this past year since not really having the need to buy any new gear.

This had been off my radar, but it's definitely going on my Amazon pre-order pile now!!!

FLEABttn

Banned
I see grain in Aliens (before anyone says anything, I like the grain). Didn't Cameron say he degrained it? I am confused.

Dead

well not really...yet
FLEABttn said:
I see grain in Aliens (before anyone says anything, I like the grain). Didn't Cameron say he degrained it? I am confused.
He was probably just exagerating to rile people up I guess. :lol He was personally involved with overseeing this restoration, so he knew what was going on.

Dead said:
Screenshots!

Cameron and the restoration team deliver. Crisis averted. Aliens looks phenomenal based on these shots. Colors look superb, detail is still there, etc.

DVD:

21kebdf.png

Blu-Ray:

bgtjdz.jpg

DVD:

1zbtdls.png

Blu-Ray:

20zei4h.jpg

DVD:

2uzulac.jpg

Blu-Ray:

i6b13c.jpg

DVD:

2cohq9w.png

Blu-Ray:

othy5e.jpg

Full size as well as more pics, as well as pics of Alien here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1258568&page=29

I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on these discs

Blue and Orange tint all around!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hoooly shit that looks phenomenal!

The one shot where I kind of like DVD coloring better is where she's using the flamethrower. The lack of color overbright on br, makes the pods look a bit too clean and too prop-like.

But all other shots are practically perfect. Just look at this...

2ntk6ps.jpg

clip said:
God damn that looks good.

I've always loved Cameron's lighting, that blue tone is sick.
I was about to say: the trademark Cameron blue is back.

Those shots look insane. I might have to cave on day one instead of waiting for Christmas.

Why does this, Back to the Future, and Rock Band 3 have to release same day? WHY GOD!?

pootle

Seeing those comparison shots above...

I'm in. And I never thought I would buy an Alien movie again. What is this, the fourth time? It'll be worth every penny.

swoon said:
puzzling. people make pretty deals about these changes to other films. just throwing that out there
When not done by the directors themselves they do. But I don't know of any restoration personally done or supervised by a director that was met with severer issues. The only issue transfers I know of were ones that the studio fucked up, like Lawrence of Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom