• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

THEAP99

Banned
Horizon is a gorgeous game, the open world was so empty though with nothing interesting to do so it can allow higher fidelity, especially with Sony's endless funds.
HZD was first attempt at open world for guerilla and had lower budget than cyberpunk. It got 89 on metacritic. If cyberpunk gets lower than that that will be humiliating

Dorohedoro

Here man take a close look at some of that footage

5i9P1pN.jpg

Ie8qrdj.jpg

HP3u1hp.jpg

Look very low polygonal

It looks..uh..bit of PS2 esque here?

Compare that with Horizon Zero Dawn NPC

TUEGQ0B.jpg
Definitely PS2-esque. I legit couldn't tell if that was Cyberpunk 2077 or GTA San Andreas!? 😂😂

TQEwVLl.jpg

/s

DonJorginho

Banned
HZD was first attempt at open world for guerilla and had lower budget than cyberpunk. It got 89 on metacritic. If cyberpunk gets lower than that that will be humiliating
I'm not shitting on HZD, it's a great feat for Guerilla and it's just my personal take on their open world being a very clear first attempt, many people adore the game completely and they're allowed to do so, I'm glad they do!

I for example think Days Gone is one of the best titles of the last gen where as many hate it. It's all just personal preference.

saintjules

Here man take a close look at some of that footage

5i9P1pN.jpg

Ie8qrdj.jpg

HP3u1hp.jpg

Look very low polygonal

It looks..uh..bit of PS2 esque here?

Compare that with Horizon Zero Dawn NPC

TUEGQ0B.jpg

Right? I'm still eager to play this game, though.

Originally I was going to go in with high expectations, but some of the in-game footage....There's just something amiss. I don't know if it's graphically or not, but when you hear others saying how major this game is (ie. second coming of gaming) and you see the gameplay...I dunno. Guess I have to get it in my hands and feel it for myself.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Umm, it seems that nobody mentione how fucking washed out the colors looks makes me really uneasy how it's going to turn out. I don't have 3000USD OLED for playing some washed out game.

Judy sex scene, this one looks much better than Stout one, guess they saw she was by far the most popular girl of all shown.

Good shit.

That idiot over at the Shirrako YouTube channel uploaded a "character creation video" at YouTube and it's nothing but spliced together clips that everyone has already seen. Plus they include the original Narration from the videos they came from like the woman from the Deepdive and the guy from the 48 minute trailer from a few years ago. Classy.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Airbus Jr

Banned
nzLuKCm.jpg

Some of the graphics here look very low ress man..

It looks worse than the fukin PUBG...

Cmon CD Project you should be better than this.....the hell happened here...

Airbus Jr

Banned
Are you for real? You're posting low bitrate captures from a stream and then comparing them to a screenshot? Who does that?
Picture compression is one thing but just because it was streamed it doesnt mean all of sudden characters looses lots of details and texture like that

I watched Demon Souls stream the other day and picture quality was nowhere near as bad as these

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Are you guys serious?
Are you seriously making captures from already low bitrate videos and then complain about graphics?
Did you actually ever watch any leaked videos before?

Ok, you do you I guess.

I've seen good quality gameplay videos, and it still looks trash. I'm not planning to play it on consoles, but this is going to cause quite the backlash if it doesn't get fixed.

Gamezone

Gold Member
My sentiments exactly. Doom Patrol having their own little circle jerk in here.

Meanwhile everyone ...looks great, can't wait. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you even seen a crappy game get fully transformed by a day one patch before? I can't think of one.

Also, do those who review Cyberpunk get the day one patch, or do they also have to put up with this?

Last edited:

Isendurl

Have you even seen a crappy game get fully transformed by a day one patch before? I can't think of one.

Also, do those who review Cyberpunk get the day one patch, or do they also have to put up with this?
I mean we already know, that 0 day patch improved the game significantly and all those videos are most likely from gold version of the game.
All people who actually played the game are saying its really good.

Thats definitely more believable for me then extremely zoomed in phone captured footage from already low quality video, that someone took just to make the game look as bad as possible for memes.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
All in all, from what is surfacing the game seems to be in the state I was expecting: overall well done and with interesting content, but also with some general jank and more than a couple of bugs and technical issues. Which makes sense, because it's exactly how The Witcher 3 also came out: great writing, a lot of content, serviceable combat (but poorly balanced/kinda exploity once you got the grips of it), poor world navigation (horse that gets stuck into every bush and cobble and spawns on house rooftops), and quite buggy at launch (corpses physics breaking, quests not awarding EXP, crashes to home etc.).

The PS4 and Xbox One versions in particular look, without the patch, positively glitchy (that street pavement not loading in time when you travel on a vehicle is quite egregious). Hope it gets better with the day one patch, it probably will, but who knows by how much.

The AI is also somewhat a cause of concern, but let's wait to see how many of the civilians standing still as you clobber them to death and enemies infinitely swinging at empty air if you just walk backwards are "occasional fuckups" and what is actual systemic bad design.

Kadayi

Banned

Honestly, you're one of the biggest jokes on this forum Gamezone. Your ratio'd to fuck (like most of Doom Patrol) because absolutely no one takes anything any of you say seriously at all. Honestly, It's about time you realised that. Everyone just sees 'Try hard Edgelord' You've been naysaying this game for quite a long time IIRC. I don't know why, not do I care tbh. But you're not convincing anyone. Is this game going to be perfect at launch? Give the scope and the scale there's bound to be some post-release issues for sure, but based on what people who've actually played it have said it seems to be pretty good. The previews have all been super positive, the Dreamcast guy whose beaten it was pretty enthused and had little to report in the way of bugs and the dude at Era couldn't bring himself to hate on it despite a ready audience actively wanting him to because let's not forget 'CDP are transphobic'

The game isn't going to be a bust. it isn't going to be another NMS. At worst it's going to be coming in 8-8.5/10 with room for improvement if it's really buggy, and probably 9-9.5/10 if the majority of issues are addressed.

Are the base last-gen consoles going to get the short end of the stick In terms of performance? Absolutely, but everyone knew this. At worst, it should be serviceable, but on the positives as and when those PS4 and Xbox users upgrade to the Next gen systems, they get to enjoy the game on their new systems

Feel free to continue fretting though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Top Bottom