• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
And this is what the guy who's recorded this has to say about it

So... just as advertised. Some areas are super busy, some are not and it totally depends on time of day.

Driving around at night

And I can see people abusing the physics to do some weird ass GTAV shit

Physics screems Sleeping Dogs to me, not sure if I like that.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
But if you need 40-50gb day one patch how fucked up your game is then? What they where doing then with all those delays?
They were making the patch?

Patch comes day one digitally whereas the discs that have been out in the world for a while now were pressed long ago.

So as they delayed they worked on this patch, which could not be on the disc, because that was already printed. This the day one patch.

You do realize how time works? Lol

I mean this isn’t even uncommon in the games industry. people crying over nothing.

All current leaked footage is irrelevant since it is pre patch from what I can tell.

Last edited:

Miles708

They were making the patch?

Patch comes day one digitally whereas the discs that have been out in the world for a while now were pressed long ago.

So as they delayed they worked on this patch, which could not be on the disc, because that was already printed. This the day one patch.

You do realize how time works? Lol

I mean this isn’t even uncommon in the games industry. people crying over nothing

Well, to be honest, the concept of a day-one patch is bullshit if you think about it. It means you're delivering a broken game, knowing full well it's broken.
It's an accepted behaviour now, doesn't make it less bullshit though.

A 50gb day one patch is... let's say, I hope it'll remain an exception, and a bad example.

Has anyone heard about how well you can GTA style rampage?

Let's face it, that's going to be one of the first things most people are going to do. They are going to shoot someone or a cop and see how the game systems deal with you, and they'll be comparing it directly to GTA.

And people will say that it's not GTA and it's an RPG, but it won't matter. If the game doesn't "Rampage" well, that'll leave a lot of people disappointed. So, I genuinely hope the game knows how to escalate police responce, eventually sending Max-Tac after you or even worse. I wonder if it'll have a similar 5 Star type of system.

Kadayi

Banned
Well, to be honest, the concept of a day-one patch is bullshit if you think about it. It means you're delivering a broken game, knowing full well it's broken.
It's an accepted behaviour now, doesn't make it less bullshit though.

A 50gb day one patch is... let's say, I hope it'll remain an exception, and a bad example.

Dude, Day 1 patches have been a thing for quite a while now. You gotta understand that the whole certification process on consoles means that it can be weeks before a game is given approval and even then it's often on the basis that certain issues are addressed that arise with patching. Developers aren't going to sit around twiddling their thumbs until Sony or MS come back to them and the man from Del Monte say 'yes'. They're going to keep looking for ways to address and improve things to deliver the best experience they can.

Take a leaf from Kevin Kellys book 'The Inevitables' and understand that in the digital age, there's no such thing as "finished" because everything is malleable.

THEAP99

Banned
I hope "critics" destroy this game for bugs and performance, like they did with Kingdom Come? Who am i kidding...
I don't think they will. It'll reach the 90+ they want. Witcher 3 had a shorts of bugs as well that never resolve. If it isn't critically acclaimed like cd red fans expect, they will blame sjw reviewers of course. Rockstar still the king of open world clearly. This will still be solid rpg

Last edited:

Miles708

Dude, Day 1 patches have been a thing for quite a while now. You gotta understand that the whole certification process on consoles means that it can be weeks before a game is given approval and even then it's often on the basis that certain issues are addressed that arise with patching. Developers aren't going to sit around twiddling their thumbs until Sony or MS come back to them and the man from Del Monte say 'yes'. They're going to keep looking for ways to address and improve things to deliver the best experience they can.

Take a leaf from Kevin Kellys book 'The Inevitables' and understand that in the digital age, there's no such thing as "finished" because everything is malleable.

That's, again (sorry to say it), bullshit.
Certification is there for a reason: to avoid a piece of software bricking your console. As much as developers hate it, that's non-negotiable, and rightly so. It's thanks to it if we can happily avoid having to thinker with configuration files, reformatting consoles, and all that jazz.

Developers cut corners and speed-up processes by sending incomplete software for certification, then working on it in the meantime, and then certifying the patches as well. As soon as something goes wrong, you have to postpone your game, even if it's already in gold.
This is a messy way to work (hence the constant crunch time) because you can't afford (or don't want) to wait for a job well done, and you are also not able to put a limit on the scope to which a project is, at least initially, "complete".

I agree with you that nothing is finished anymore, but I do not understand the reasoning behind it being a good thing. If anything, it shows that 8 years of work have been a mess. And if you could have fixed all that by postponing 2 weeks, speaks volumes on the management too.

Last edited:
I hope "critics" destroy this game for bugs and performance, like they did with Kingdom Come? Who am i kidding...
It should be but it won't. The hype of the game will influence it just like every Rockstar game. Hell based on the video I saw of this game running on Xbox One this deserves a 7/10 at best.

Kadayi

Banned
That's, again (sorry to say it), bullshit.

Learn to Cope 🤔

Certification is there for a reason: to avoid a piece of software bricking your console. As much as developers hate it, that's non-negotiable, and rightly so. It's thanks to it if we can happily avoid having to thinker with configuration files, reformatting consoles, and all that jazz.

Developers cut corners and speed-up processes by sending incomplete software for certification, then working on it in the meantime, and then certifying the patches as well. As soon as something goes wrong, you have to postpone your game, even if it's already in gold.
This is a messy way to work (hence the constant crunch time) because you can't afford (or don't want) to wait for a job well done, and you are also not able to put a limit on the scope to which a project is, at least initially, "complete".

I agree with you that nothing is finished anymore, but I do not understand the reasoning behind it being a good thing. If anything, it shows that 8 years of work have been a mess. And if you could have fixed all that by postponing 2 weeks, speaks volumes on the management too.

Nothing you're saying there is different from what I'm saying, bar your infantile tantrum at the end. Still, if you're so upset don't buy the game or refund if you already have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Miles708

Nothing you're saying there is different from what I'm saying, bar your infantile tantrum at the end. Still, if you're so upset don't buy the game or refund if you already have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey, I'm just let down for the disc version being a coaster (and the future GOTY version that'll most likely not be made for PS4), and how this could have been prevented.
CD Projekt is "their own publisher", and then it's still a walzer of patches, so what's the advantage.

I don't intend to denigrate the game though, just the final stretch of development.

Ogbert

Ah okay, was wondering because Greg Miller and other reviewers have said they still haven't received their codes.

To be fair, why would you give a code to that screeching dildo.

He should stick to playing Animal Crossing whilst wearing his Avengers pyjamas.

vpance

I see a lot of shadows and reflections dithering... like ray tracing?

It looks like they have some degree of a real time GI system. And it’s performing spectacularly bad on base consoles.

Last edited:
I was going to preorder digitally but I have a weird hunch this game may not be as fantastic as the journalists have hyped it out to be.

Or maybe it will — I am cautiously optimistic. From what I am reading it seems like the game is “OK”.

Has anyone heard about how well you can GTA style rampage?

Let's face it, that's going to be one of the first things most people are going to do. They are going to shoot someone or a cop and see how the game systems deal with you, and they'll be comparing it directly to GTA.

And people will say that it's not GTA and it's an RPG, but it won't matter. If the game doesn't "Rampage" well, that'll leave a lot of people disappointed. So, I genuinely hope the game knows how to escalate police responce, eventually sending Max-Tac after you or even worse. I wonder if it'll have a similar 5 Star type of system.
One of the leaked vids had a bit of random violence in it. According to the tutorial police response will be proportional to the crime committed but not sure how it works in game. I was surprised to see dynamic animations (npcs tripping over each other) which should add some GTA randomness to combat lol.

Last edited:

Maddux4164

One of the leaked vids had a bit of random violence in it. According to the tutorial police response will be proportional to the crime committed but not sure how it works in game. I was surprised to see dynamic animations (npcs tripping over each other) which should add some GTA randomness to combat lol.
I saw a guy a page or two back in a video shoot at a citizen and like 3 cops showed up quickly and killed him within like 10 seconds. Think a cop actually saw him do it though

Kadayi

Banned
Any mirrors to that video? Everything is down!

Sadly not. They seem to be coming down hard on the footage (probably because of all the Doom Patrollers doing the rounds on Twitter etc), and this one was streamed so I couldn't get it downloaded. However, it basically was XSX footage walking through a shopping district and it was really busy with people. As the Streamer said., the crowd density is variable depending on where you are in the City and what time of day it is. Which ties in a lot with what the Previewers said about the game based on their experiences with it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
A few bugs... hopefully most of these will be sorted by the day 1 patch

lol that's so funny.
There was this other gif of hijacking a car but the driver was still in seated position after throwing him from the car.
Now I am finally getting hyped for the game lol

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah this one, lol

Maybe by release that NPC has finally managed to render his own face. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Being optimistic tho, I'm sure that has something to do with the leaks being from the past-gen consoles, which probably where the versions CDPR put less care into.

I wonder if we can pickpocket or steal from peoples businesses in this game. I always hated how in Fallout or Skyrim the penalty is KILL THE THIEF!!! Like my dudes, you had these bottlecaps in an outside trashcan, why so serious???

caffeware

Banned
ezgif.com-optimizexak4q.gif

ezgif.com-optimize4rgjmy.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Well, it has feedback when hitting someone, which is good, but that sword animation tho...

First person melee must me hard to do man, I think the only game that made it enjoyable was Dark Messiah, and half of the enjoyment was because of the overpowered kick. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom