• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I in the forever friend zone?

TC is not friend zoned but
friend zoned to the max. Time to move on. You are only hurting yourself if you want more than friendship.

By using "the friend zone," men are telling women that we owe them something. It tells us we don't have autonomy over our own lives, and that that should be decided for us. We owe them sex or a romantic relationship because we should be grateful that a dude—any dude—is being nice to us.
Article was written by a moron. This isn't what the friend zone is about at all. It's about whether a woman even has the inclination to look at us romantically, and that's something many men are interested in knowing.

Ivellios

Men rights activist.

MRA means Men's Rights Activist, basically another a word for a misogynist. They think women are a game to be won, but also all women are master manipulators and never say what they actually mean, and that they're just nice guys that all women hate because they aren't assholes.

I see. Thanks for the info

JCHandsom

Article was written by a moron. This isn't what the friend zone is about at all. It's about whether a woman even has the inclination to look at us romantically, and that's something many men are interested in knowing.

Turns out it's not that hard to figure out: you ask them.

Please don't be this guy

rGpB4WI.jpg

I know we're all laughing about this, but this girl is just as much of a moron. Referring to someone as their "not gay, gay best friend" is just as ignorant as friend zone.

Why does a specific term have to be applied to it though? That's the whole crux of this whole thing. There is in fact a negative connotation to the term and it's often used by people to exhibit the description of the Vice piece. You can just simply say something like "do I have a shot?" instead of calling it a "friend zone". Friend is purely a made up thing by dudes who have no actual interest in maintaining a friendship

StylusX

I can't jump on the op here I mean I use to do the same; fantasize about girls I liked. Come on GAF we've all been 14 once!

akira28

lol look at their eyes.

his eyes...look like he could be laughing or crying or shrieking. Her eyes, she looks genuinely happy, hahahah

gdt

LOL What the hell is this still doing on first page.

Alright, here's the update. I listened to the GOOD advice about asking her again. I had the chance to as we went out for dinner after working with her most of the afternoon. I brought up the time I asked her out and asked if her feelings changed.

She said yes. She never thought about relationships seriously until she felt my dedication towards helping her with her life. She got to know me a lot better since she turned me down, and she wants me to be in a relationship, however, she doesn't feel confident in herself when it comes to a relationship where we would live with each other if she isn't making good income.

I told her that her money doesn't matter me, and that I'm going to help her no matter what kind of relationship we're in. She's still not comfortable being unable to share in the expenses, but she really likes our time together because it's giving her a lot of confidence and morale to work hard, so I told her that we can stay the course and keep doing what we're doing.

I guess I shouldn't say I'm not interested in a relationship with her, rather I should just say I stopped thinking about it in order to focus on helping her. Seems like our relationship built anyway, and I'm pretty happy with how things are right now. I don't think asking really made any difference, but it was nice to know.

Anyway, you funny gaffers with some good advice and mostly bad advice, you all made an interesting thread out of this situation. Keep it up.

She's still playing you bro. Stop acting like a chump.

LordKasual

Banned

Alright, here's the update. I listened to the GOOD advice about asking her again. I had the chance to as we went out for dinner after working with her most of the afternoon. I brought up the time I asked her out and asked if her feelings changed.

She said yes. She never thought about relationships seriously until she felt my dedication towards helping her with her life. She got to know me a lot better since she turned me down, and she wants me to be in a relationship, however, she doesn't feel confident in herself when it comes to a relationship where we would live with each other if she isn't making good income.

I told her that her money doesn't matter me, and that I'm going to help her no matter what kind of relationship we're in. She's still not comfortable being unable to share in the expenses, but she really likes our time together because it's giving her a lot of confidence and morale to work hard, so I told her that we can stay the course and keep doing what we're doing.

I guess I shouldn't say I'm not interested in a relationship with her, rather I should just say I stopped thinking about it in order to focus on helping her. Seems like our relationship built anyway, and I'm pretty happy with how things are right now. I don't think asking really made any difference, but it was nice to know.

Anyway, you funny gaffers with some good advice and mostly bad advice, you all made an interesting thread out of this situation. Keep it up.

OP > "Hey, I really actually like you, and want to be in a relationship with you"

Girl > "Oh nooooo OP, you're too good for me, i'm already leeching off you, but i could never do that while actually loving you!"

OP > "It doesn't bother me. Because I love you. "

Girl > " But it bothers me, see, so can we please just drop the whole relationship thing without you cutting your unfaltering support of me?

OP > "lol k"

Girl > " you'reeee the bestest! Also, I might give you the cheeks one day, maybe, i think, who knows! Hahaha jk xoxo"

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
That 50 dates post creeped me outta here. Op is in fantasy territory

He's in goddamn stalker territory.

OP, if this thread is just trolling for funsies, I invite you to go fuck yourself.

If, on the other hand, the situation is real... I still recommend that course of action - because there's no way this woman is ever going to do it for you.

JCHandsom

4a4.gif

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
No you are describing "attracted to."

The Friend zone is about whether a woman can ever see you as something other than a friend and works under the assumption that once you are in it it's hard to get out. The assumption is that when a woman says "I see you as more of a friend" or "I don't wanna ruin our friendship" that this is anything more than a polite way to say "I don't find you attractive."

Plenty of people have sex with their friends and turn that into relationships. It's not because they avoided being too friendly and dodged being "zoned" as if the barrier between sex and friendship is only the man's actions.

It works when people are mutually attracted. If that is what you want to describe, you don't need to invoke some silly phrase like friend zone.

I married my best friend. A good friend of mine married someone from within our tight friend group of over a decade. The friend zone is a very silly thing, unless the person like... watched you grow up and is biologically inclined to see you as a non-sexual being, but that's rare.

ZangBa

The OP was questionable at first, but the update reeks of self-sabotage. What's your game here OP? Are you trying to skin her alive or something?

I am apparently guilty of friendzoning girls some of my friends tried to set up with me. I didn't think they were interested in me, just being nice and friendly.

One took it very hard that I wasn't showing romantic interest.

My advice as someone who inadvertantly friendzoned others and been friendzoned by girls I liked is to make your intentions clear, don't beat around the bush.

This sounds like she wants to move in with you so you can take care of her, but will refuse any physical interaction because she says she doesn't "want to take advantage" since she's not providing any of the income. Is that about right?

FyreWulff

somebody posted the words "beta cuck" together? in one post? in one sentence? in 2017?

Ah, troll thread confirmed

Top Bottom