• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I in the forever friend zone?

Why does such a story warm your heart?

It doesn't. I'm just fucking around.

Though I'm always curious how guys like that feel - spending years upon years trying to get with that one person.
I think it's assumed that they really really regret it, turn bitter and reject anyone who might be interested in them, but I'm sure there's a numbing feeling sometimes too and they give up on ever getting into a relationship with anyone.
It's really sad.

But the stories and the pics are hilarious.

akira28

lol if that ever happened to me, I would expect my friends to hire a hitman/sniper to end my rampage of self destruction.

just put me down into the ground, and donate my fedora to charity

The most friend zoned guy I knew, had clocked up over ten years in the zone. He was into the blonde girl, all the classic hallmarks, became "One of the family" by sucking up to the girls mother and brothers, would always drive any of the family around, invited himself to family holidays, paid for holidays for her AND her brother. Never had a girlfriend the whole time I knew him and I've since I lost contact with the girl.

In that time period I'd met the girl, had sex a few times with her and as we didn't click that way we just decided to stay friends. After that she would come to visit me to hang out and this guy would suddenly appear at my door to hang out as well! I didn't even know him, only in passing. He was only there to cockblock me, but when we were sleeping together she would not tell him anyway. The girl then got married a couple of years later and during the wedding her husband was a bit pissed off. He and I went to the bar and he hit me with "I know you've slept with her" *record scratch-time freezes* " he continued "But you're an OK mate, not like that other guy who keeps hanging around bitter he never got the chance to fuck her". Also you can guess who was the "free" wedding photographer that day.

Gets better then that though I'm 99% sure this married couple became swingers and were making subtle comments to see if I was interested. I wasn't.

Worst friend zoning I've ever witnessed. 10+ years following her around spending money on her, she gets married, he continues to hang around, they become swingers and he still can't get to have sex with her!
Jesus Christ

It doesn't. I'm just fucking around.

Though I'm always curious how guys like that feel - spending years upon years trying to get with that one person.
I think it's assumed that they really really regret it, turn bitter and reject anyone who might be interested in them, but I'm sure there's a numbing feeling sometimes too and they give up on ever getting into a relationship with anyone.
It's really sad.

But the stories and the pics are hilarious.

Okay thank for the explanation. This makes more sense to me :)
I agree

televator

The nightnamre stories in this thread... guys willingly living in real life hell. I-I can't... Ahhhhh AHHHHHHHH

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

The most friend zoned guy I knew, had clocked up over ten years in the zone. He was into the blonde girl, all the classic hallmarks, became "One of the family" by sucking up to the girls mother and brothers, would always drive any of the family around, invited himself to family holidays, paid for holidays for her AND her brother. Never had a girlfriend the whole time I knew him and I've since I lost contact with the girl.

In that time period I'd met the girl, had sex a few times with her and as we didn't click that way we just decided to stay friends. After that she would come to visit me to hang out and this guy would suddenly appear at my door to hang out as well! I didn't even know him, only in passing. He was only there to cockblock me, but when we were sleeping together she would not tell him anyway. The girl then got married a couple of years later and during the wedding her husband was a bit pissed off. He and I went to the bar and he hit me with "I know you've slept with her" *record scratch-time freezes* " he continued "But you're an OK mate, not like that other guy who keeps hanging around bitter he never got the chance to fuck her". Also you can guess who was the "free" wedding photographer that day.

Gets better then that though I'm 99% sure this married couple became swingers and were making subtle comments to see if I was interested. I wasn't.

Worst friend zoning I've ever witnessed. 10+ years following her around spending money on her, she gets married, he continues to hang around, they become swingers and he still can't get to have sex with her!

Thanks for the sunday morning cringe

Jim Halpert was in the friend zone for years. This bond you have with a person while in this zone will increase the sexual release by about 12.3 on the Richter Scale. Just keep persevering guys.

mcTWii4.jpg

czoGZLC.jpg

See, this is the thing with friendzoned guys. They're so obsessed with just one a girl that they don't even bother trying to actually date or talk to anyone else. Like, just go on a dating app and try your luck, jeez! These kind of guys really should watch the Simple Pickup video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3rT2N1Ecs

The fedora really sells this story.

gaiages

Banned
Jim Halpert was in the friend zone for years. This bond you have with a person while in this zone will increase the sexual release by about 12.3 on the Richter Scale. Just keep persevering guys.

The Office is a terrible show for making both the friend zone and dating coworkers popular again.

If it worked well for Jim, surely it'll work out in real life!

I only semi-joke, too many poor blokes think TV and movie romances can be emulated in real life.

Moff

These kind of guys really should watch the Simple Pickup video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3rT2N1Ecs

this video is by far the best contribution to this thread so far, 0 lies detected.
make your intentions clear as early as possible, if they are not interested, forget about them, period. everything else leads to circumstances none of the involved parties could be interested in, doesn't matter if you call that friendzone or not.

ho lee fuk

This thread just keeps on delivering

Ryzaki009

Man that story is sad. I don't see how dudes blow money on chicks for years that never sleep with them. You think it'd take a few months for the message to sink in. If you're willing to blow money get someone who'll sleep with you for that.

gaiages

Banned
Man that story is sad. I don't see how dudes blow money on chicks for years that never sleep with them. You think it'd take a few months for the message to sink in. If you're willing to blow money get someone who'll sleep with you for that.

I mean there are such things as actual, platonic relationships...

I assume you don't ask for a blowjob from your best guy friend if you buy him a few rounds, at least.

I know guys that take women friends on lavish vacations hoping they still got a chance. LOL Seeing the pictures afterwards is even more hilarious, when almost all of them are the guy taking all the pictures of his woman friend standing by herself in front of some landmark or nice setting.

Lkr

I mean there are such things as actual, platonic relationships...

I assume you don't ask for a blowjob from your best guy friend if you buy him a few rounds, at least.
Usually a real friend will get you back at some point unless it's a legit gift (and even then, your friend will probably give you a gift at some point). He's describing a completely one sided scenario where it sounds like he spent a good fortune on this woman and she never bought him shit.

o_O

Because you should only buy a girl something in exchange for sex. Way to make a relationship sound like prostitution.

Draper

Definitely a member of Neogaf

You misunderstood my point. If you're going be somebody's friend, BE THEIR FRIEND. If you can't handle that then DON'T.

If you're befriending her in hopes of trying to win over time, then you're an asshole. I have no sympathy for the OP.
Dude, they hold hands, they say I love to each other, and he spends a shit ton of money on her. There is nothing there that suggests this dude will ever be ok with being friends. This guy already sounds like the 1 suggestion out of 100 that says stay as her friend is going to be the only one he will listen to.

Just when I think it can't possibly get any lower

pwQWb.jpg

Definitely a member of Neogaf
Z9tt5YjhRYqze.gif

Ros8105

Wow. This makes me feel better about myself.

Chumley

Banned

Posting pictures of the guy without his OK isn't cool. You're being creepy and this thread is just disgusting now. Is this really what y'all want to do? Shame people you know behind their backs with private information?

Mahonay

Banned
I do photography and one of the models I shot awhile back had a guy massively friendzoned. He would take her on vacations. She would demand seperate rooms and not hang out with him at all during the trips. He was paying her rent and car payments. He paid for her boob job but never got to see them. He would message me reguarly offering me hundreds of dollars for any revealing photos I may have had of her. I would just take his money and then send him some boring bikini photos of her. Then he would ask if I had "anything more revealing". I'd take an extra $400 from him then email him a bunch of boring photos again afterwards. Such a weird guy but I made a bunch of money off him for nothing.
Uhh..hmm..

_Nemo

I do photography and one of the models I shot awhile back had a guy massively friendzoned. He would take her on vacations. She would demand seperate rooms and not hang out with him at all during the trips. He was paying her rent and car payments. He paid for her boob job but never got to see them. He would message me reguarly offering me hundreds of dollars for any revealing photos I may have had of her. I would just take his money and then send him some boring bikini photos of her. Then he would ask if I had "anything more revealing". I'd take an extra $400 from him then email him a bunch of boring photos again afterwards. Such a weird guy but I made a bunch of money off him for nothing.

image.php

FyreWulff

bless your heart

that wasn't a friendzone, that was a sugar daddy and his financial domme

Chumley

Banned

You come out of this story looking as bad or worse than him.

This is easily top three threads of the year. We've got everything from friendzoned, hilarious text messages, MRA, mcmuffins, and photographers. Anything else missing?

We need Mandrake to summarize all of this.

Top Bottom