• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

zoobzone

Seems like their shipping is cheaper than amiami too.

Too bad they opened the global shipping so late, I'm fully digital this generation apart from some Collector Edition stuff that I double dip - which they don't ship.

Bog

Junior Ace
Any good Japanese exclusive 3DS/PS4 games? Also when is the Super Famicom New 3DS going up for preorder? :(

And this thread reminded me to preorder the FE Fates OST, which I've just done. I should also pick up the #FE art book as well...

Maybe next time I'll order SMT IV Final for kicks.

Guymelef

Yeah figures and hobby goods still don't ship global.

pYn7Ivq.jpg

However the arcade sticks are really cheap.

Not so cheap after shipping...

Inumbris

Uh-oh, looks like I have no excuse to avoid getting into importing now.

I see this being very dangerous for my wallet.

StereoVsn

I can't believe all this time I didn't know Amazon.co.jp shipped books and CDs internationally... Wow... Well, that's going to change now. Plus couple of games, and I did want a new Vita.... And that vanillaware artbook, and a few other things. Well... this is getting out of hand.

Btw, if you are using Chrome or Firefox, there are great plugins for it, rikaikun and rikaichan respectively. If you are not sure of Kanji meaning, just highlight and let it do its magic (you can mess with dictionaries even).

If you have no japanese knowledge, google translate in Chrome will translate the page on the fly.

Edit: Curse you OP, my poor wallet.

Edit 2: Why is anything Vita directly from Amazon shipping on 11th? Weird.

oRuin

Do they release preorders early for international orders so you get them near the day of release? I'm tempted...

zoobzone

Do they release preorders early for international orders so you get them near the day of release? I'm tempted...

Yeah, it depends on what you're ordering though.

I remember when Bayonetta came out, they shipped my game out 5 days before the release date. Although it wasn't an international order.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees. All those wonderful possibilities. Meanwhile, my wallet is screaming, don't you dare-!

I'd forgotten they shipped artbooks, too... which was probably for the best, honestly.

If nothing else, it's always good to have another affordable import shipping option with reasonably priced items+shipping cost. AmiAmi and CDJapan aren't too bad, but Play-Asia has always been really, really pricey.

Most important ETA ever - eeeeey, I can also buy my sunscreen! See ya, Amazon.com! Video games and sunscreen, what more does one need? Well, outside the obvious.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Darks Souls 3 people !!

Hell yeah! I've got the PS4 physical version on the way. I imagine it will arrive within a couple of days of the Japanese launch. I've had really good shipping times ordering books from Amazon.co.jp before.

Hopefully I can finish my first run before the PC version comes out. Unlikely, but I'll try.

zoobzone

I'm thinking Dark souls 3. Would like to go physical over the digital. Just the normal version of the game.

I don't think anyone knows whether they'll ship international orders early at this point, you could be the guinea pig and find out for everyone.

It's safer to go digital if you want it day 1.

Whelp, there goes my money. Unless shipping is ridiculous but the few times I used it for books it was OK (and got to me in like 2 days even though I didn't have prime and we're separated by a frickin ocean).

Wereroku

Welp ended up getting Battride war genesis premium for my friend's birthday and actually saved 20 bucks over everywhere else and it's getting here next week. God this is going to be super bad for my wallet.

Koppai

Welp ended up getting Battride war genesis premium for my friend's birthday and actually saved 20 bucks over everywhere else and it's getting here next week. God this is going to be super bad for my wallet.

Is that a Musou game? It looks like one.

hotsoup

Not as big as a deal as I thought initially, especially if one is looking to buy used games. Amazon charges for international shipping and provides free shipping for Japanese addresses (i.e. a forwarder like Tenso).

Going through Tenso is still cheaper (even including their shipping and consolidation costs) if you
1. Buy more than 1 game in one shipping
2. Buy used games (including the 350yen for shipping to Tenso addresses)

This change is good if you are getting day-one purchases or brand new games that have plunged in their prices.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not as big as a deal as I thought initially, especially if one is looking to buy used games. Amazon charges for international shipping and provides free shipping for Japanese addresses (i.e. a forwarder like Tenso).

Going through Tenso is still cheaper (even including their shipping and consolidation costs) if you

This change is good if you are getting day-one purchases or brand new games that have plunged in their prices.

Sure, but I imagine that's a pretty limited scenario for most people.

You have to be willing to purchase a decent number of used games within a fairly limited window and then deal with a forwarder like Tenso. Shipping will typically take quite a bit longer that way, too.

Prices seem high, can get stuff I'm checking from play-asia cheaper.

Almost certainly not when it comes to Japanese products. Asian versions of games? Sure, they will be cheaper than the Japanese versions and often contain the same content on the disk.

zoobzone

You don't pay taxes if you're buying from overseas, that alone negates most of the shipping expenses.

Almost certainly not when it comes to Japanese products. Asian versions of games? Sure, they will be cheaper than the Japanese versions and often contain the same content on the disk.

Japanese versions on play-asia cheaper.

RE Revelations 2 on Amazon is £32.50, £26 play-asia.

jax

Banned
RIP Tenso and Play-Asia

REMEMBER to set the website to English (I just found this out entirely by myself) since most of us are baka gaijins
CdEDW8DVIAAEqRo.jpg:large

This an amazing game BTW. Everyone with a PS4 should buy this.

Anko

A game costs 691 yen to ship to me. 811 yen for two items.

Am I reading that right? Next day DHL at that price?! I am on Prime trial at the moment but I don't think Amazon JP's prime does anything for international...

I just wish I knew what determines if the items are allowed for international shipping. I tried purchasing a regular KanColle Kai sold via Amazon but it wouldn't let me ship.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hori Hayabusa for $161 shipped. Hot damn. Hope they're in stock next month, I've already splurged too much and it's only the 8th.

I clicked through a bunch different games that are both a) released and b) shipped & sold by Amazon, and the Product Details for every single one has said International Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan. Am I missing something?

Wereroku

I clicked through a bunch different games that are both a) released and b) shipped & sold by Amazon, and the Product Details for every single one has said International Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan. Am I missing something?

What were you looking at?

Not sold by amazon?
True. It's not even available for international shipping. Blah kind of difficult to read the site with half of it being in japanese and the other half in english.

Dragon Quest Builders is cheaper through Amazonjp though. Hmm the new search feature for international shipping is a bit wonky.

baconcow

Compared Puyo Puyo Tetris with an online shop and it comes out to about $50 CAD on Amazon.co.jp versus about $47 CAD on the other site. The difference was that Amazon charged ¥860 for shipping (versus free from the other site) and ¥441 for import fee deposit (which may be refunded?). I think I would pay the extra $3 to purchase through Amazon.co.jp, but the shipping could kill cheaper items.

Top Bottom