• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

Banned
And everything i wanted and added to cart isn't available for international shipping because most are fulfilled by Amazon. Sigh.

Wereroku

I guess it actually just says that for everything, even when it's not the case. I tried to (pre)order Project Diva X and it successfully went through, even though the product detail still says "item can not be shipped outside Japan."

It's weird in several cases it looks like it will give that message because one of the offering is not available. There is an international shipping button that will sort out the games that offer it then you have to pick the version that is offering it which should be directly by amazonjp. It's a bit confusing the way it's currently laid out.

Prophane33

Damn, Already have a few pre-orders with amiami. But as someone who has been using Amazon Japan for manga and books since 2001 this is absolutely amazing that I can get games now!

Syriel

This only works for items sold directly by Amazon. No third party sellers, not even "fulfilled by Amazon."

zdPrjC0.png

https://twitter.com/HadlerER/status/707341155017564160

Stolen the pics from RPGSite because they owe me tbh

CdEBQSHVIAALFgx.jpg

CdEBQR9UsAEUDq2.jpg

People on Twitter seem to have success with this - goodbye import sites?

REMEMBER to set the website to English (I just found this out entirely by myself) since most of us are baka gaijins
CdEDW8DVIAAEqRo.jpg:large

Amazon Japan has been doing this for YEARS, at least to the US.

It's not a new thing.

Prophane33

Amazon Japan has been doing this for YEARS, at least to the US.

It's not a new thing.

This is false. I'd argue I've been using Amazon Japan longer than most (if not all) users here [Edit: First order was Feb of 2002] and this is the first I've heard of this.

Koppai

Just ordered IA/VT Colorful The Best for Vita. Been wanting this game but didn't want to spend too much on it.

down 2 orth

Is there any way to see a full list of games that can be directly purchased from Amazon? It might save a lot of people some trouble.

Baust

Tried it with the Ace Attorney Trilogy, but no luck.

Anyone know if you can view prices in USD instead of YEN?

Damn that AmazonGlobal shipping check box is all lies.

XXJG5pK.jpg

N4Ss40u.jpg

The problem with that is this is an ebten edition, they don't sell outside Japan, the regular limited edition is available to ship worldwide though. If you are not a hardcore collector, is not worth the money, the crystal sets are usless garbage in my opinion.

LiK

The problem with that is this is an ebten edition, they don't sell outside Japan, the regular limited edition is available to ship worldwide though. If you are not a hardcore collector, is not worth the money, the crystal sets are usless garbage in my opinion.

Yea, crystal stuff is usually crap.

zoobzone

Yes I understand famitsu DX versions are normally limited to Japan only and I normally just get it directly from them. Was trying my luck with the new amazon changes.

The 12990 yen version doesn't come with that crystal stuff, it's for the tapestry and mug.

GenG3000

And here I am, consolidating through tenso a 5-item package with at least 2 o 3 coming from Amazon JP.

But I am not even mad, they have served me well so far. I'll probably order Fire Emblem Fates Premium Soundtrack directly here.

GenG3000

what're the biggest benefits of this? selection or money saved? no idea since i've never imported anything like that.

Money and time, because you don't have to rely on proxies anymore (Japanese sites that buy the items for you and then sent them to you with an extra fee).

Zoe

I'm probably late to this, but in case anybody hadn't already pointed this out, do not use the currency converter if you have a card with zero foreign exchange fees!

That converter is a courtesy feature where they take on the fees for you and charge you in dollars rather than yen. Their built-in fee might be better than your standard credit card fee, but it certainly wasn't better than my zero fee Capital One card.

NolbertoS

I've mostly used amazon jp for books and CDs but now my wallet will pay for more Ps Vita asian region games. I import more Vita and DQ games that wonMt make it out west lately. Might just order that a DQ PS Vita now :p. Now if only the SE JP store shipped stateside, I'd raid everything DQ related.

Syriel

for games? naw son.

This is false. I'd argue I've been using Amazon Japan longer than most (if not all) users here [Edit: First order was Feb of 2002] and this is the first I've heard of this.

Untrue. I had to use Tenso in the past.

Oh, such good news.
Time to pick up a few things from my wishlist.

Gunhound EX and PuyoTetris ordered.

Not for games.

lol

Yes for games. The only thing I've ever ordered from Amazon Japan is games.

They didn't have an English option when I first started using it, but as long as you had a credit card, it wasn't a problem.

Stuff takes awhile to show up, but it arrives with no issue. Only catch is I get advertising emails in Japanese.

I guess this should mean no more having to pay extra for stuff only available to westerners through import sites, e.g. LE Dragon Quest Vita system. I always felt like they increased the price on a number of things.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yes for games. The only thing I've ever ordered from Amazon Japan is games.

They didn't have an English option when I first started using it, but as long as you had a credit card, it wasn't a problem.

Stuff takes awhile to show up, but it arrives with no issue. Only catch is I get advertising emails in Japanese.

What? Show me the receipts because I honestly think you're mistaken about something.
The English option has been there for years as well.

The same games that were not allowed to be shipped to me last week now work.
It's been like this forever.

Top Bottom