• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Gods |OT| You Had Me At Bryan Fuller - Sundays on Starz

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
It's funny I get a lot of Hannibal vibes from this show. The ambient music, pacing, lighting, use of slow-mo. Wonder how much of that is Slade and how much is Fuller.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's funny I get a lot of Hannibal vibes from this show. The ambient music, pacing, lighting, use of slow-mo. Wonder how much of that is Slade and how much is Fuller.

All of that is great when it's used like in American Gods, it got annoying how much it was overused in Hannibal's latter parts.

jph139

Yeah, people hoping the plot picks up are gonna be disappointed... the book is at least 70% "filler" and the show is ramping that up considerably.

Jarmel

Banned
I really loved this episode. I knew people were going to complain about how slow it was but I thought it did a great job fleshing out Sweeney as well focusing in on the core theme of the show, belief.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I liked the episode a lot but its placement in the season was a bit odd. Like others have said, it felt like the perfect episode for the middle of the season - not the penultimate episode.

Man, a lot of people here seem to be in a rush to get...where, exactly? The show AND the book is a roadtrip, not a race to the finish.

Personally, I'm scared the show will get cancelled before we know the end of the story. :(

Dead Wife is best wife.

Fuck she's beautiful.

Even though SuckerPunch is one my favourite movie, my fondest memory of that actress is still from Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. So it's kinda weird for me seeing her half naked.

So why is this advertisement on YouTube saying this exactly?

AbQ35Ji.jpg

Alpende

Makes it a hell of a lot easier to put out quality TV. Our series are rarely filled with endless filler outside of the soap operas that basically never end.

I like that about (British) series. I prefer short but great series / seasons. I rarely even start with 20+ episode shows.

hydruxo

A TV show has multiple series.

We don't call them seasons because seasons are winter, spring, summer and autumn (yeah, fucking autumn!).

Although "season" is slowly starting to creep into our language, but I won't stand for it!

In the American terminology it makes sense that way though, because a season for a lot of shows does end up taking up essentially an entire season lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did they do THAT scene yet? You know the one >_>

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
did they do THAT scene yet? You know the one >_>

Bilquis' pussy eating folks? Oh yes, several times. If you're looking to be constantly aroused and confused, American Gods is the hottest show on cable. It has horse cocked taxi drivers, interstellar pussy eating, dead wives, and embalming fluid shits.

bill-hader-stefon-snl-screen-grab.jpg

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Bilquis' pussy eating folks? Oh yes, several times. If you're looking to be constantly aroused and confused, American Gods is the hottest show on cable. It has horse cocked taxi drivers, interstellar pussy eating, dead wives, and embalming fluid shits.

Lol!

Monocle

This show has everything.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

lmao no lies detected tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

uu9pmDP.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not sure how to feel about the changes now hrum.

Shy

I meant to say this a few weeks ago, when i was at the same'ish point in the book.

I think Christina Hendricks would have made a perfect Easter. (even though i really like the lady who is cast as her)
Not sure how to feel about the changes now hrum.
I literally just finished the episode. And from mid way through i was thinking to myself the same thing.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I haven't watched the finale, but Kristin Chenoweth is an amazing actress and choice of casting. I'm struggling to think of anyone better at exhuding Easter better than her.

I wish we were friends IRL. ☹️

Sir Doom

Well I'm glad they are not following the book.
That was great.
I guess this was supposed to be that meeting from the book that got replace

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Season Finale Spoilers
Interesting that a smartphone with a dating app was the olive branch between Bilquis and Tech-Douche. I liked his line about worship being a volume business, whoever has the most followers wins. The show is doing a good job updating aspects of the book for a 2017 audience.

Easter's "For Christ's sake..." line when she saw Wednesday was pretty clever haha

Bilquis and Easter are absolutely radiant.
The makeup work on this herw is A+

This show exists in a funny little space where it doesn't seem to have any interest in if its accessible or not. The pacing is incredibly unconventional. I don't really mind. In a TV landscape where every Tom, Dick, and Mr. Nancy has original programming, it's nice to have something more...challenging.

And frankly, if the axe ever came down from Starz, they could wrap the story up in a handful of episodes. At the very least, it has the book to support itself on. So we know it isn't just being weird for sake of being weird.

Con_Smith

Banned
Great Season, and dope Finale. I hope shadows performance gets improved next season. Feels like they didn't know if he should be intelligent but distant or clueless.

Orlando Jones needs more screen time. I hope they drop some hints for Ananzi boys or atleast talk around it at some point.

Kinda wanna go back and read the book again. Looks like the diversion of content is about to run deep.

Apt101

I really liked this episode. It obviously departed radically from the narrative of the book but it made clear through vivid visual exposition just why all of this shit is going down and what it all means. The notable
Jesus and Easter
scenes were especially awesome.

About Laura assuming a more prominent role: well, a TV adaptation is going to need more characters, so I have no problem with it. At least it's entertaining and pertinent to the end game.

Apt101

Great Season, and dope Finale. I hope shadows performance gets improved next season. Feels like they didn't know if he should be intelligent but distant or clueless.

Orlando Jones needs more screen time. I hope they drop some hints for Ananzi boys or atleast talk around it at some point.

Kinda wanna go back and read the book again. Looks like the diversion of content is about to run deep.

This is pretty much how he was in the book though. Things unfolded more slowly, and while
he was a skeptic this kind "knowing" nagging gnawed at him, even while deep down he knew the truth
. Events unfolded more slowly too, so his attitude was more understandable.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just finished watching the finale.; Good stuff. Laura continues to be the weakest link and just an awful character though.

How was this a departure though? Someone fill me in on that in detail.

Come on the Djinn's Dick wasn't that big, I've seen bigger.

No lies detected in this post.

jett

D-Member
Man that was awesome.

Sure am glad it has been renewed. (finale spoilers)
Wish we were told Shadow's purpose in all of this, but that's aight. Unless his purpose is to simply for Wednesday to have a believer.

Top Bottom