• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad.T

Banned
When are we going to see knock off amiibos from sketch places?

Oh man. If they came out with super outrageous bootlegs, I probably would go into bankruptcy. Stuff like a 5 pack of Mario, Superman, Shrek, Red Abbaranger and Thomas the tank engine and they're all discolored and played Gangam style when you tap them together and the box has god-tier engrish all over it.

Regular bootlegs though would suck shit.

Josephl64

If anybody needs help with Samus I could probably do it plus shipping if she's non-existant in your area seeing as there's quite a few here

Panic about Samus, count one more into my personal checkmark.

By the way, I recommend Target for Samus, its the most likely store to have them in stock if TRU doesn't have it already.

Yuuup.
Best Buy shipped Zelda for me 3 days after 12/17, which was their release date for her. So my guess is our C Falcons will ship at some point at the end of this week, seeing how New Years is Thursday, it will mess up with the shipping.

Panic about Samus, count one more into my personal checkmark.

By the way, I recommend Target for Samus, its the most likely store to have them in stock if TRU doesn't have it already.

Yuuup.

Best Buy hasn't shipped my Falcon/Pit/Luigi yet. They're all on separate orders too, they've been sitting at the "preparing" stage for almost a week now.

Horohoro

They discontinuances keep coming and I just keep refreshing....
jNGWfkV.gif

SalvaPot

Best Buy shipped Zelda for me 3 days after 12/17, which was their release date for her. So my guess is our C Falcons will ship at some point at the end of this week, seeing how New Years is Thursday, it will mess up with the shipping.

Best Buy hasn't shipped my Falcon/Pit/Luigi yet. They're all on separate orders too, they've been sitting at the "preparing" stage for almost a week now.

That calms me down a little bit, thank you.

bumpkin

Are you *bleeping* kidding me, Best Buy?! I got an email last night saying my order would be ready for pickup; Captain Falcon and Pit. A friend of a friend who works at another BBY store confirmed that my reservation store got two Pits, both reserves. Safe to assume one was mine, right?

So I get to the store tonight and the associate finds my Captain Falcon on the shelf behind the customer service counter with no problem. My Pit however was nowhere to be found. She went out back to check for it and couldn't find it. She apparently talked to their inventory person and she was told they only got one. I assume maybe that was the other preorder and was picked up earlier in the day?

At any rate, no Pit and no ETA whatsoever. Just the promise that they would call me if/when my Pit came in. Doesn't answer the question of where the fuck mine went when they had two in stock.

The only upside is by some odd stroke of luck, I called my local GameStop after leaving BBY Pit-less and they had two. They put one aside for me and I swung by to buy it. I had let my "Power-Up Rewards" membership elapse over two years ago, but because they had my back, I renewed it. I may just do all amiibo through them now. Love them or hate them, they've never fucked me on my preorders the way BBY has with both amiibo waves thus far.

So Amazon.de won't deliver to a PO Box? :(

Not too keen on having the amiibo's delivered straight to my door, don't trust the postman to not just open up my letterbox and shove the box in, or just leave it on my doorstep ready to be stolen.

Oh well, I have Marth, Fox, Pit and Captain Falcon sitting in my basket ready to go. Had to restrain myself from adding Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as well. Have to keep reminding myself I don't need them just because they're rare...

batfax

Yeah, I was out today and found Target has THE most "full" display for Amiibos out of anyone I've seen. Most stores are barebones, with empty space everywhere while Target looked pretty nice.

rd2QSn4.jpg

SalvaPot

So Amazon.de won't deliver to a PO Box? :(

Not too keen on having the amiibo's delivered straight to my door, don't trust the postman to not just open up my letterbox and shove the box in, or just leave it on my doorstep ready to be stolen.

Oh well, I have Marth, Fox, Pit and Captain Falcon sitting in my basket ready to go. Had to restrain myself from adding Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as well. Have to keep reminding myself I don't need them just because they're rare...

They delivered to my P.O Box, they came in just fine.

SalvaPot

Says it cannot be delivered to that address, when I put my home address it works fine.

Something similar happened to me at first, if I remember correctly I had to add an extension to my Zip Code and corrected the way the address was displayed, if you have a card from your P.O. Box provider try to write it exactly as the direction is there.

DeathBruzer

Neo Member
So a couple weeks back u got two Little Macs one for me and a friend since they were disappearing so fast. He ended up getting one on his own. So now if everything goes right Friday I should be trading one of my Macs for a Captain Falcon. Hopefully the guy doesn't back out.

Gusto

Guys....guys i have every amiibo but now im havving urges to buy more to have a "sealed collection" someone talk me outta it

You're dying as we speak. Everyday it's one step closer to death, what would you do with a sealed collection? I'll just wait and purchase it from your estate sale.

Ok I did it.

Marth, Fox, Pit and Captain Falcon on their way from Germany, cost $26.50AUD each.

So I own:
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Link
Zelda
Little Mac

On their way:
Marth
Fox
Pit
Captain Falcon

Preordered:
Shulk
Ike
Sheik
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Just need to pick up a Pikachu which are everywhere and I'm set until wave 4.

NogibTC

Banned
Are you *bleeping* kidding me, Best Buy?! I got an email last night saying my order would be ready for pickup; Captain Falcon and Pit. A friend of a friend who works at another BBY store confirmed that my reservation store got two Pits, both reserves. Safe to assume one was mine, right?

So I get to the store tonight and the associate finds my Captain Falcon on the shelf behind the customer service counter with no problem. My Pit however was nowhere to be found. She went out back to check for it and couldn't find it. She apparently talked to their inventory person and she was told they only got one. I assume maybe that was the other preorder and was picked up earlier in the day?

At any rate, no Pit and no ETA whatsoever. Just the promise that they would call me if/when my Pit came in. Doesn't answer the question of where the fuck mine went when they had two in stock.

The only upside is by some odd stroke of luck, I called my local GameStop after leaving BBY Pit-less and they had two. They put one aside for me and I swung by to buy it. I had let my "Power-Up Rewards" membership elapse over two years ago, but because they had my back, I renewed it. I may just do all amiibo through them now. Love them or hate them, they've never fucked me on my preorders the way BBY has with both amiibo waves thus far.

Could be worse. I picked up my Luigi and Captain Falcon today. And same thing, had an email saying my Pit was ready to pickup and none in store. Out of the blue this evening I get an email from BB saying they cancelled my Pit pre-order for no reason. Glad to see that BB still treats their customers like shit... Hopefully that Pit I managed to order off Amazon this evening when it briefly popped up comes through.

I don't know what's up with your Best Buys, the one in Cherry Hill NJ hasn't given me any issues with picking up amiibos. Just got Pit and Falcon from them today and I got Diddy, Zelda and Little Mac from them a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom