• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, I wonder if this is why I haven't been able to find Fox. Samus, on the other hand, has been decently easy to find (GameStop & Meijer, maybe Target I can't remember, but not Walmart I think).

Maybe I'll look again tomorrow to see if any of the stores got any new shipments & grab a Samus while I'm at it.

rjinaz

I went to Walmart earlier today to look for a Fox. Two weeks ago I reported they didn't even carry amiibos. The people there had no clue what they even were and there was no display. Anyway, today they had a small section, which was completely cleared out all but two Peaches. And it looks like they are preparing another section three times as big, in preparation for more amiibos.

So yeah this store seems to have gone from not wanting to carry any amiibos, to wanting to carry a whole lot of amiibos.

rjinaz

I got them from Amazon Japan, they cost me around 1113 yen each which is about 9 usd each? Total was 3,344 Yen (28 USD) for all three but they don't ship to the UK so I got them sent to me by using a proxy service. Delivery was around 8 usd but it did take around 2 weeks.

Ah, good deal! Man I might have to consider that. I just really wish Amazon.jp would ship internationally like pretty much every other Amazon does. What the heck?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can still get Samus from Gamestop.com

Fox...well...good luck.

hes not at any of my local stores either.
Just checked & yup, Samus is one of the few I can actually place a hold for in-store pick up. Others like Cap. Falcon & Fox are all in towns about 30 minutes away from me & I don't feel like driving that far just to buy them/see if they're in stock.

Ordered Samus as my first amiibo and it's arriving tomorrow. Lucky I guess lol

seems like people are worried about Fox... won't they probably bring those back when the new Wii U game comes out? though I guess they might create different models.

Fox is no longer being restocked, Pikachu and Samus may both be in the same boat. Plenty of Samus around here but zero Pikas anywhere.

People saying "oh they'll bring Fox back he has a game", no, Miyamoto said they were likely doing Arwing, Landmaster, etc vehicle Amiibos for that.

Hatchtag

Banned
I just don't see Fox, Samus, and especially fucking Pikachu not being refreshed eventually. Pikachus the face of Nintendo's biggest franchise behind maybe Mario (and that's a close competition). Fox has a game coming soon with Amiibo compatibility. Samus is the face of a fairly big franchise, albeit not the biggest, though she also has an issue (leaning) they might try to fix before refreshing.

Toki767

I just don't see Fox, Samus, and especially fucking Pikachu not being refreshed eventually. Pikachus the face of Nintendo's biggest franchise behind maybe Mario (and that's a close competition). Fox has a game coming soon with Amiibo compatibility. Samus is the face of a fairly big franchise, albeit not the biggest, though she also has an issue (leaning) they might try to fix before refreshing.

Pikachu seems like a lock to get restocked since I believe he's the 3rd most popular amiibo behind Link and Mario.

I have to think it's a pretty long drop between the top 3 and the rest in terms of sales though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that's a lot of F-bombs
& I should know, I freakin' counted each swear & bleep in that series. It's how I got my tag.

Fox is no longer being restocked, Pikachu and Samus may both be in the same boat. Plenty of Samus around here but zero Pikas anywhere.

People saying "oh they'll bring Fox back he has a game", no, Miyamoto said they were likely doing Arwing, Landmaster, etc vehicle Amiibos for that.
Crap maybe I should get Pikachu as well, despite knowing I won't use him very often since I'm no longer into the main Pokemon games.

Though I totally would buy an Arwing amiibo.

y2dvd

okay so get this

I googled his skype "jesusraviolimachine" and the only result is this pastebin:

so I google "mariotehplumber" and I get this Youtube channel

With um

This video about amiibo scalping that consists of him basically calling everyone homophobic slurs and flipping the middle finger toward his shipping cases of amiibo

I am genuinely concerned

Forward this to Nintendo and let them know this is what they are enabling by not giving us a straight a answer on reprinting rare amiibos!

If Pokemon Company and Gamefreak aren't planning any Amiibo Pokemon titles, there would be no reason to keep producing Pikachu when there's plenty of other Pokemon Amiibo coming.

Kriken

Yeah, I don't see Pikachu going out of production any time soon, he was 3rd or 4th in best selling Amiibos behind Link and Mario for the November NPD IIRC

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I don't see Pikachu going out of production any time soon, he was 3rd or 4th in best selling Amiibos behind Link and Mario for the November NPD IIRC
Yeah, he was 3rd. I'm expecting Nintendo will make some kind of Pokemon game with amiibo support (especially if they go with the idea of having cards be replacements for the figures), so would be strange that Pikachu would be discountinued.

Hatchtag

Banned
So what are the chances of a Mario Kart 8 update adding more Amiibo costumes? I'd love for there to be more uses for these amiibos, and MK, Dedede, and Toon Link look to be the only wave 3s with exclusive uses outside of Smash.

LMAO this guy sounds like he is mad at life. Good job for gafdetectives for finding this guy.

back on topic.

Went to Nintendoworld New york today around 6PM, they brought out box full of wii fit trainers. I'm hoping villager, and english marth coming this week. Still waiting on my japanese marth coming in.

20141230_221750_zps89909a5a.jpg

20141230_222756_zpse6fea2df.jpg

Please ignore the messy desk

rjinaz

He's still available on frys.com

Been putting it off, but I guess I don't have a choice anymore if I want to avoid importing him.

It's getting kind of crazy, you really do have to buy them all, and quickly, you just never know which one will be the next to go and when.

The Flash

Banned
Been putting it off, but I guess I don't have a choice anymore if I want to avoid importing him.

It's getting kind of crazy, you really do have to buy them all, and quickly, you just never know which one will be the next to go and when.

Exactly. Hopefully Frys will still have Fox on Friday cause that's when I get paid.

Christopher

Ok I got Fox it came out to 15 and change - thanks for the heads up Amiibros <3.

All of Wave 1 and Wave 2 complete...outside of Wii Fit Trainer who I don't want =\

Josephl64

Curious...do you guys think we'll see more third party amiibo outside of Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic?

Think it would be pretty cool, but I don't exactly see that as a high possibility as well.

Curious...do you guys think we'll see more third party amiibo outside of Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic?

Think it would be pretty cool, but I don't exactly see that as a high possibility as well.

The system kind of needs some third party support first...

I think it's possible though, but who knows until we see what they do after the Smash Bros line.

I was in Wal-Mart today and they only had Peach, Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu Amiibos. There was also a lonely Link Amiibo. I was gonna scoop a Wii Fit Trainer if they had it.

I'll be a little surprised if no yokai watch figures happen. If the nintendo-exclusive sonic deal had happened a year later, and sonic boom hadn't been sent to die, we might've seen a few more sonic characters.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo what exactly is NoA doing? I mean, Europe and Japan are over-flowing with Amiibo, but America thinks purposely putting out low numbers is a good idea.
All it does is encourage scalping and over-inflated prices. Sure, importing from Europe or Japan still means money for Nintendo, but this is excessive.

Josephl64

The system kind of needs some third party support first...

I think it's possible though, but who knows until we see what they do after the Smash Bros line.

Truly all I can think of as 3DS 3rd party series are Love Plus, Senran Kagura, and Yokai Watch.

would be neat regardless, although I wish there were more to draw upon

I'll be a little surprised if no yokai watch figures happen. If the nintendo-exclusive sonic deal had happened a year later, and sonic boom hadn't been sent to die, we might've seen a few more sonic characters.

True, I'd probably get Amy, Tails, and Knuckles even though I'm not a huge Sonic fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom