• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Welp I got struck with the infamous "John" scalper.

Guy actually looked me up to talk shit over Skype.

B6JfeqoCYAAqfQo.png

Looks up Amiibo gaffers so he can "justify" his scalping and then uses typical douche language of profanity and put downs. "Scalper John" sounds like the ultimate whiner.

Cody_D165

Banned
I'm willing to think it's either:

1. A banned Gaffer mad about his ban
  2. A fake account trolling you all
  3. A lurker messing around
  4. Someone here having some fun

okay so get this

I googled his skype "jesusraviolimachine" and the only result is this pastebin:

[15:08] chumped: I'll add you on skype if you answer a question for me
[15:09] mariotehplumber: wanna fight on mk8
[15:09] chumped: I don't have a wiiU
[15:10] mariotehplumber: wow fag
[15:10] chumped: but do you know what a slave boy is?
[15:11] mariotehplumber: nope
[15:11] mariotehplumber: im 24 tho idiot
[15:11] mariotehplumber: so ur a fag
[15:12] chumped: alright add me on skype and I'll show you
[15:15] mariotehplumber: ok
[15:16] mariotehplumber: jesusraviolimachine is me

so I google "mariotehplumber" and I get this Youtube channel

With um

This video about amiibo scalping that consists of him basically calling everyone homophobic slurs and flipping the middle finger toward his shipping cases of amiibo

I am genuinely concerned

Son Of D

okay so get this

With um

This video about amiibo Scalping that consists of him basically calling everyone homophobic slurs and flipping the middle finger toward his shipping cases of amiibo

I am genuinely concerned

Oh. 'm guessing he's a lurker who is looking everywhere he can to get pre-order information and such and found Gaf.

ThatMattZ

Well, despite getting the email that Captain Falcon and Pit were ready to pick up at Best Buy there were no Pits to be had. He said that there was a delay and they were expecting Pit next week some time. The guy was nice about it and gave me a $10 gift card for the troubles. Seems like this was the protocol at my store. Here's hoping the ship to home order from Best Buy I put in as a backup comes through. I have low hopes for that instore pickup order.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Yes but let's not let this troll get this topic locked. I'm here for information about amiibos, not a scalpers insecurities.

Lolololololololol. Yeah same here. I also wish online retailers would limit purchase quantities, like you know, Ebay does. That's how I was able to finally get Lucario pre ordered.

Crayolan

okay so get this

With um

This video about amiibo scalping that consists of him basically calling everyone homophobic slurs and flipping the middle finger toward his shipping cases of amiibo

I am genuinely concerned

The description for that video is hilarious:
I really have 100+ Rosalinas coming in, 30+ shulks, 40+ furcarios, 18 metaknights might buy more. Will continue to preorder wave 4 favorites to make so much money off fags.

Right now got 10+ Marth
10+ villager
10+ wii fit
12 diddys
19 lil macs
and 2 of each of the other ones.

11 pits and 25 + captain falcons coming soon

I WILL PROVIDE PICTURES OF PROOF WHEN THEY COME IN.

You guys can't do jack shit about my success.

Already made $2000+

The logic to owning that many Rosalinas is simple shes a hentai fetish character that fucking morons want to fuck her up her cosmic ass.

Spread the word I am the Amiibo Scalping Master.

Man does this guy fuckin' love the word "fuck".

ChrisD

Well shoot. Didn't expect Samus to be next to go. Will check at GameStop this weekend, there were about ten of them there yesterday. Even if she goes full discontinue, I don't see it reaching Trinity levels of price.

rjinaz

Finally received my 3 Amiibo's. All three cost me a total of around $37 USD including delivery. Can't complain really.

Well no, I would say you can't complain, since that's cheaper than for what they go for in the US. What's your secret, or secret place?

chadskin

Not sure of how much help this is to you amiibros but Amazon Germany has all but Little Mac and Rosalina amiibos currently in stock and available for order, including Marth, Pit, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, or for pre-order in case of the wave 3 amiibos like Lucario and Ike.

-> http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00N8PBXFK/

€15 = ~$18 = ~£12 + shipping

Mzo

okay so get this

With um

I am genuinely concerned

Is this guy a real person and not some exaggerated troll character?

That's depressing.

Picked up Captain Falcon from BB today =]

SeanR1221

Shiiiiit so Samus and Fox getting the ax?

So who's gonna be on shelves until Wave 3? Mario, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, DK, Peach, Zelda and Luigi?

_woLf

Not sure of how much help this is to you amiibros but Amazon Germany has all but Little Mac and Rosalina amiibos currently in stock and available for order, including Marth, Pit, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, or for pre-order in case of the wave 3 amiibos like Lucario and Ike.

-> http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00N8PBXFK/

€15 = ~$18 = ~£12 + shipping

Is it possible to have these shipped to the US? Do I need a different Amazon account? How would that work?

chadskin

Is it possible to have these shipped to the US? Do I need a different Amazon account? How would that work?

Works the other way around, yeah. Just log-in with your regular Amazon account, order process should look similar. When I ordered from the US, Amazon even took care of import taxes and all that.

MrMephistoX

If it's anything like Amazon.fr no...I ordered Rosalina off there and have a enough of a romance languages foundation (Spanish and a year of Latin) that I figured it out.

If you have Chrome get the Google Translate extension and it does a servicable translation. I guess the trick is just to make sure that you're buying from Amazon directly and not a reseller otherwise they won't ship internationally.

_woLf

Works the other way around, yeah. Just log-in with your regular Amazon account, order process should look similar. When I ordered from the US, Amazon even took care of import taxes and all that.

Awesome! And these work on a NTSC wii u fine? I'd be buying ones I want to actually use so this sounds great.

Kriken

Well the Best Buy site isn't lettig me add Samus, so I went to Wal-Mart to find 7 Samus and 4 Fox amiibos. Not gonna let this be another case of Marth >.<

MrMephistoX

Well the Best Buy site isn't lettig me add Samus, so I went to Wal-Mart to find 7 Samus and 4 Fox amiibos. Not gonna let this be another case of Marth >.<

Sad thing is I saw a ton of foxes when Toys R US was doing their pre-Christmas sale. Now I'm getting nervous about Samus but then again it's a terrible terrible paint job on most I've seen so I might just not sweat it and wait for Zero Suit Samus. Actually thinking of making it a point to get all the ladies...you know as positive female role models for my two year old daughter ;)

javac

Well no, I would say not, since that's cheaper than for what they go for in the US. What's your secret, or secret place?

I got them from Amazon Japan, they cost me around 1113 yen each which is about 9 usd each? Total was 3,344 Yen (28 USD) for all three but they don't ship to the UK so I got them sent to me by using a proxy service. Delivery was around 8 usd but it did take around 2 weeks.

chadskin

Awesome! And these work on a NTSC wii u fine? I'd be buying ones I want to actually use so this sounds great.

As far as I know a few Americans here ordered EU amiibos and I haven't heard of any issues with them. They're communicating via NFC with the gamepad/handheld which is a worldwide standard after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom