• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Diggeh, I'm sure if you PM a mod and ask nicely, they would be more than happy to lock this thread so you can start the next one with good timing on sales and deals; no need to drag it and possibly have a gap between threads no?

That being said, you guys should check Amazon Jpn again.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We can easily do four pages by Friday! Then we will be in Next Best OT!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
we can do four pages by tonight! well prob not but the sky is the limit!

EtCfxWZ.gif

Toad.T

Banned
How can wave 5 be real if our eyes arent real?

Heard back from my friend at TRU, local stores are getting 30 and nearly 80 greninjas after preorders. Their store is supposed to be getting over 100 but not all have arrived yet. Everything else looks to be about 12 on average. So Grenny should be easy to snag.

According to some guy on the Canadian amiibo subredditmy super secret inside source, my local TRU is said to be getting about 100 Greninjas, with the lowest figure count going to the Awakening duo at 10.

If shortages occur in the U.S, you know the drill:

BLAME CANADA!
BLAME CANADA!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
According to some guy on the Canadian amiibo subredditmy super secret inside source, my local TRU is said to be getting about 100 Greninjas, with the lowest figure count going to the Awakening duo at 10.

BLAME CANADA!
BLAME CANADA!

Thanks Obyron

BLAME CANADA!
BLAME CANADA!

It seems that everything's gone wrong since Amiibos came along.

Damn inkling amiibo look really really good... highly detailed and shiny. Yeah

easily some of the best looking amiibo figures, Nintendo is been doing better with the quality i just think the smash lineup needs to end cause even the mario party line is great quality also.

So with the smash line coming to a close soon whats everyones plan post smash amiibo? Personally i will continue to collect ones a really want. I really think the next amiibo line will be star fox unless they have a big unannounced game for 2015 still. Also how do you guys feel about buying doubles so you dont have to erase the data on one to use it for another game cause im thinking of picking up the super mario line for mario party so i dont gotta redo all my smash bros amiibo.

Crono27

So with the smash line coming to a close soon whats everyones plan post smash amiibo? Personally i will continue to collect ones a really want. I really think the next amiibo line will be star fox unless they have a big unannounced game for 2015 still. Also how do you guys feel about buying doubles so you dont have to erase the data on one to use it for another game cause im thinking of picking up the super mario line for mario party so i dont gotta redo all my smash bros amiibo.

No doubles for me unless they are part of a different set. But i plan on collecting every single one.

6fccb5b05f05eeee05a58026c21626bf.jpg

No doubles for me unless they are part of a different set. But i plan on collecting every single one.

6fccb5b05f05eeee05a58026c21626bf.jpg

you are brave my fellow amiibro i dont think i could collect them all way to much stress lol wave 4 is already making me nervous that i wont get the splatoon 3 pack.

Vidiot

For the most part I'm out after smash. I might collect others I really want, but only if they're readily available. Fuck preordering and hunting for these things after I'm done with the smash line.

For the most part I'm out after smash. I might collect others I really want, but only if they're readily available. Fuck preordering and hunting for these things after I'm done with the smash line.

I imagine Smash will for the most part be the only series with these kinds of issues, which is largely due to the sheer size of the series.

A 50+ character run for their introductory series was a pretty terrible idea to be honest.

I imagine Smash will for the most part be the only series with these kinds of issues, which is largely due to the sheer size of the series.

A 50+ character run for their introductory series was a pretty terrible idea to be honest.

yea smash was a bad starting point especially when they isnt enough space to stock all the characters while also releasing new lines when there first isnt even finished yet. I agree once smash line ends amiibo stock will be better its real easy to find the full super Mario series.

AmiiboGAF, what is your MO on friday and how will you carry it out?

Mine requires Lucina, Robin, and Inkling Girl. And I will be there 3 hours early with some coffee and a 3DS to kill some time.

I'm going to get up and try to get the Splatoon amiibo 3 pack and possibly a Charizard if I can manage to find one. I've got a handful of stores near me so I'll be popping in them all in hopes of getting what I'd like.

Rocky

Banned
AmiiboGAF, what is your MO on friday and how will you carry it out?

Mine requires Lucina, Robin, and Inkling Girl. And I will be there 3 hours early with some coffee and a 3DS to kill some time.

Will be dropping my niece off at school around 8am and then heading to Target. I'm really only after a Jiggly from them, so they may have some left when I get there around 8:20am or so. If not, I am going to try a second Target that is close by and then swing by TRU to scope the situation for getting a Greninja.

I already have a Lucina, so I don't care about her on Fri, thank god.

So anyone know what the Ness situation is going to be? I checked with a couple GS stores and neither knows anything or if they'll get any in store.

So anyone know what the Ness situation is going to be? I checked with a couple GS stores and neither knows anything or if they'll get any in store.

Not to kill your hopes but I'm thinking it'll be pretty bad. I asked my local GS and they said they're getting very few units and it's first come first serve.

So unfortunately I've been out of the Amiibo game for a bit. What are my best bets at getting the following this week?

Splatoon (Three-Pack)
Robin
Lucina
Jigglypuff
Charizard

I'm guessing I'll have to show up at a Target at opening for Jigglypuff, what do you guys think about the other three?

Rocky

Banned
So unfortunately I've been out of the Amiibo game for a bit. What are my best bets at getting the following this week?

Splatoon (Three-Pack)
Robin
Lucina
Jigglypuff
Charizard

I'm guessing I'll have to show up at a Target at opening for Jigglypuff, what do you guys think about the other three?

For Robin and Lucina, I'd suggest setting up a tent outside your favorite retailer, like right now. All the stores seem to be reporting they'll only be having 1-2 of each.

For Robin and Lucina, I'd suggest setting up a tent outside your favorite retailer, like right now. All the stores seem to be reporting they'll only be having 1-2 of each.

:(

I don't have any shot of getting it online? Has Amazon sold out? I kept waiting to get them from Amazon instead of pre-ordering elsewhere but I must've either missed Amazon pre-orders or they never took any.

Rocky

Banned
:(

I don't have any shot of getting it online? Has Amazon sold out? I kept waiting to get them from Amazon instead of pre-ordering elsewhere but I must've either missed Amazon pre-orders or they never took any.

Preorders never went up on Amazon US. I'm thinking they will probably go live around midnight Thursday into early Fri morning since that's the release day.

A lot of NA buyers, secured their Robins and Lucinas via importing, like European Amazon sites and amiami and playasia.

TheGrue

All my preorders are still in place for all of this wave. The only thing I don't have is Silver Mario. Guess I will have to get out there and try to find some on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom