• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon.fr has Splatoon boy and girl Inklings. Manage to get both separately (a lot of retries). Maybe available on other Amazon too?
Edit: now time to get Ness and Pac-Man (Little Mac will never be available again I guess... for MSRP I mean).

RootCause

Picked up Marth from the PO. Amazon box was dinged up, but luckly it was in perfect condition.
My og Marth looks pretty Marf right now.

As I've been reading things on this wave, I keep seeing "Stock will not be replenished" at a bunch of these stores. I get that for the store exclusive, or the rare FE guys and whatnot, but like are they honestly not planning to restock ANY of this wave?

Like I'm seriously not going to see any Charizard restocks?

Kilau

As I've been reading things on this wave, I keep seeing "Stock will not be replenished" at a bunch of these stores. I get that for the store exclusive, or the rare FE guys and whatnot, but like are they honestly not planning to restock ANY of this wave?

Like I'm seriously not going to see any Charizard restocks?

The only ones that are ever restocked are the big names Mario, Link and such. Everyone else has been gone. We know from the production documents that these things had a limited run, Charizard was 1 month specifically, we don't know how many were made, but its likely they will all sell out immediately and it would take a reissue to see them again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, Nintendo UK confirmed you can use over FOURTY amiibo on Yoshi's Woolly World. For example, if you use Mario, you get.....

CF7VuWhWYAASSNh.png

You can also see DK & Link colors in this video.

Dis gonna be the Nintendo version of Little Big Planet's outfits, isn't it.

Edit: OH MY GOD YOU CAN EVEN USE PAC-MAN, SONIC, & MEGA MAN. Hell, looks like you can use EVERYONE from the SSB line!

Edit 2: Hmmmm, I noticed there wasn't any Pokemon amiibo at the end of the video....

rjinaz

Oh man, Nintendo UK confirmed you can use over FOURTY amiibo on Yoshi's Woolly World. For example, if you use Mario, you get.....

CF7VuWhWYAASSNh.png

You can also see DK & Link colors in this video.

Dis gonna be the Nintendo version of Little Big Planet's outfits, isn't it.

Edit: OH MY GOD YOU CAN EVEN USE PAC-MAN, SONIC, & MEGA MAN. Hell, looks like you can use EVERYONE from the SSB line!

Edit 2: Hmmmm, I noticed there wasn't any Pokemon amiibo at the end of the video....

Man some people are really flipping out over this. DLC is the reality of the gaming world in order to keep it healthy and so that those complianers can keep enjoying the games they like, people really need to get used to it. These are nothing but skins that likely wouldn't even exist if not for amiibo, most of them anyway if not all.

That being said I can certainly understand being annoyed that certain skins are virtually impossible to get at this point without paying a small fortune. Nintendo should sell DLC packs that contain all the skins so people can at least have access to them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some people are just jealous they won't be able to have a Little Mac skin for their Yarn Yoshi.

Also, something else I noticed at the end of the video. I didn't see Wii Fit Trainer or Diddy Kong. Rather odd omissions, considering we got Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, & such. Though maybe what we saw wasn't the full list?

The only ones that are ever restocked are the big names Mario, Link and such. Everyone else has been gone. We know from the production documents that these things had a limited run, Charizard was 1 month specifically, we don't know how many were made, but its likely they will all sell out immediately and it would take a reissue to see them again.

Yeah I know that and I get that for stuff like Fire Emblem guys, Pit, Mac ect. but since when is Charizard not a big name? God damnit Nintendo. Guess I'll add him to the list I should get ASAP.

RootCause

Some people are just jealous they won't be able to have a Little Mac skin for their Yarn Yoshi.

Also, something else I noticed at the end of the video. I didn't see Wii Fit Trainer or Diddy Kong. Rather odd omissions, considering we got Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, & such. Though maybe what we saw wasn't the full list?
I hope they add Amiibo skin support to zelda. I want to play as the FE characters. It's Lucina's time to save the princess. :3

Kilau

Yeah I know that and I get that for stuff like Fire Emblem guys, Pit, Mac ect. but since when is Charizard not a big name? God damnit Nintendo. Guess I'll add him to the list I should get ASAP.

He is definitely a big name, and he may end up as common as Pikachu. We just won't know until after this wave is out.

Oh i should clarify, the one store is getting 30 greninja and another one near me is getting nearly 80 after preorders (with my friend's store having over 100 on the record, but not quite half of them actually in the store right now...so they're expecting another shipment of them in). But still, that's significantly more than Lucario around here, and more than gamestop getting like one in. like wtf.

Yoshi Mario is disgusting. Pls remove from the game.

I think the Yoshi's Woolly World support is actually my favorite of any amiibo game so far. It seems to use damn near all of them. I hate that some games only use a select few and it's for completely random crap like in Captain Toad or Hyrule Warriors.

Every amiibo should be usable for a good reason, otherwise there's no sense in the game even supporting amiibo.

RootCause

Jumped on Robin for $28 free shipping. I had placed an order on Amazon uk, it came to $25 after shipping. Amazon never dispatched it, guess they will never make good on it, so for just $3 extra can secure one. It doesn't ship until June 2, so I'll cancel it if I get an Amazon NA preorder.

TI82

Banned
Gonna wait and see the rest of the yarn yoshi skins, but so far really creepy. That Mario is gonna give me nightmares for days.

AdanVC

Yisus craist now with the Yoshi WW amiibo feature I want to get them all just when I was set to only get the ones I REALLY want wich are just like 8 or 10... Freaking Nintendo.

Kilau

They edited the Toad part out of the quote. They're probably just extrapolating from what was featured in the video. I doubt they've had direct confirmation that Pokemon aren't included.

Yeah I don't know. They show the other SMB amiibo working in the game. So Toad would have to be deliberate.

kirby_fox

Banned
There's 39 Smash characters after Wave 4.

Minus the Pokemon that's 35.

So if there's 40 you can use with YWW...we're missing 5 of them, aren't we?

If they're counting the Mario line (so counting characters twice basically) then there's gonna be more from the Smash line that isn't used.

Kilau

There's 39 Smash characters after Wave 4.

Minus the Pokemon that's 35.

So if there's 40 you can use with YWW...we're missing 5 of them, aren't we?

If they're counting the Mario line (so counting characters twice basically) then there's gonna be more from the Smash line that isn't used.

Maybe they just mean the current ones, rather than saying it has support for amiibo that aren't out yet. Maybe the game will need an update. ʅ(´◔౪◔)ʃ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom