• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my line of thinking, but running halfway across my town to get to a bridge was really pissing me off. 40,000 bells to go...
Yeah, I took a 5 minute breather and came back to the game and I found a place to put the fountain in. It's cool, village. I love you again.

I just caught my second dorado. So the museum already has one. Do I keep this one as a pet for my home, or sell it? I almost feel like they are too rare to give away :(

Sell it for big bucks.

Salsa

One thing that bugs me about this game: deep sea diving seems to be incredibly pointless. Not only is it slow to catch the various underwater things you find, but most of the stuff you find is incredibly worthless. I just sold a full inventory of these things and didn't even get over 9,000 bells for all of it, and it contained hard-to-get things like an octopus and scallop!

The stuff that actually is worth something is not only extremely rare, but also very hard to catch. The moment you approach them, they all go

nope8kjmo.gif

and do things like swim much faster than you, disappear inexplicably, or go out of bounds. It's absolutely infuriating. I'm glad that I already got most of the rare creatures (including the giant isopod), but it's not something I would do to make money at all.

My character is Ricky from Fortunam. Open your gate!

open

What beetles are the best to catch on the Island? I've been chasing away "lesser" beetles off trees so rarer ones would spawn, but I never price checked.

JordanKZ

3 days and 15 hours into this game... and I just had a mental shark fishing rush. I managed to catch 5 sharks in a row (of different kinds). 2 for the museum and made a nice profit off the rest.

Tomorrow, I can start doing my mayoral duties, I'm off to the island for the first time and hopefully my house rating will be better. I'm like, probably a 1/2 way into both the bugs and fish lists too. And I believe I have 4 different types of fruit trees growing.

yeah I went back to my village from the Island for a little while to plant some lemon trees and change clothes and the skies were very cloudy I have not seen rain in my game yet

now back on the Island I cut down one palm to seat on the trunk I did not know you could make a sit out of them until I cut the trees last night for bug hunt

so now I have a seat in the sun for my daily sunbath someone needs to sell beach chairs I need one for my sunning :)

I want to be brown!

Onikaan

Anyone managed to find a fix for the connection errors? I can't join certain friends towns. Constantly getting errors when attempting to join.

Kerub

Banned
How much do you have to play before you can get a swimsuit? I've started playing with my nephew and he wants to go diving.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Everyone seems to be getting good nicknames. I got "dumpling" from Anicotti and didn't let anyone else call me it.
Someone got the nickname "Little D" on Tumblr, though. Eheh.

Chow tried to call me Bucko.

I told him to buck off.

Anyone managed to find a fix for the connection errors? I can't join certain friends towns. Constantly getting errors when attempting to join.

Yeah, I've tried a few times and gotten some errors :\ I've barely visited anyone's towns because of them, actually :(

How much do you have to play before you can get a swimsuit? I've started playing with my nephew and he wants to go diving.

you can buy them from the island shop for like 40 points it will take a while. I mean if you want to go swimming back in the village that is. Or you can borrow and swim at the island

Labrys

Yeah, I've tried a few times and gotten some errors :\ I've barely visited anyone's towns because of them, actually :(

I've been extremely cautious, and I haven't gone to anyone's island.
I would really hate to fish/catch something rare or expensive and then lose it because of an error...

HE CHOPPED MY COCONUT TRESS T_______________________T

Seebu is definately save, so I don't know what he was doing.
Maybe it was a sadistic thing, like "Save all you like but you're trees are down. Eheh."

Roto13

Yeah, that's the only time you need a slingshot :( But really, if it's over the water, it's going to fall in either way.

It only made it to the water because I didn't have a slingshot to shoot it down earlier. And the balloons aren't always floating towards the beach anyway.

Kerub

Banned
you can buy them from the island shop for like 40 points it will take a while. I mean if you want to go swimming back in the village that is. Or you can borrow and swim at the island

Aha, I don't think we have unlocked the island yet. We're just a couple of hours in.

Aha, I don't think we have unlocked the island yet. We're just a couple of hours in.

it takes a few days to get to the island I'm afraid found that out the hard way be sure to make the first two payments to nook so you get the sequence that leads you to unlocking it

*sigh* Finding really rare fish and donating them to the museum even though I really could do with the money. I'm a good person. Also, things I miss from Wild World; Blathers telling you how to cook a particular fish :(

Raptomex

Im sure most of you know this but the beetles start coming out at 5 and theyr'e all out by 7. There's a ton on the island. Palm tree beetles are worth ton from 6000 and up. You can break a million in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom