• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announcing the XOne stereo headset adapter - FINALLY

Afro

edit: the v-moda site says the boom mic will work w/ the xbone stereo adapter.

Sorry about bothering you guys about this again, but since this adapter is finally out in the wild, will the [V-Moda boom mic] work with this adapter?

All I want to do is use my amped Sennhesiers to chat.

Tried searching, yet still found nothing.

Appreciate it.

jQ7s1a7pBMRgU.jpg

My setup:

Xbox One (Optical Out) => DAC (Optical In, RCA Out) => Reciever (RCA In)

Sorry about bothering you guys about this again, but since this adapter is finally out in the wild, will the [V-Moda boom mic] work with this adapter?

All I want to do is use my amped Sennhesiers to chat.

Tried searching, yet still found nothing.

Appreciate it.

My setup:

Xbox One (Optical Out) => DAC (Optical In, RCA Out) => Reciever (RCA In)
Doesn't you receiver have HDMI?

Afro

Dub post, but I thought this might a few help people out who are at a complete loss as to how this adapter thing works. I believe there are other possible methods of using this (by plugging into the back of the console for Legacy gaming headsets), but this is the way I use it since I'm satisfied with normal stereo sound.

Setup/steps:

• Normal stereo headphones plugged into an old amp via the headphone jack.

• New Xbone stereo adapter plugged into the controller.

• PS4 earbud plugged into the adapter.

• Update actual controller via Xbone dashboard w/ included micro USB cable.

• Done.

Haven't tested it for very long, but a friend said the quality is pretty much the same as the stock Xbone headset, maybe slightly worse.

At first I had both game audio and chat coming from the little mono PS4 earbud, which I obviously didn't want. But after messing with the buttons on the adapter I managed to have only chat coming out of the earbud and game audio from the headphones.

Hope this helps.

Shylock

I swear either the headset adapter (or the firmware upgrade to use it) screwed up my controller something awful.

Multiple times its simply stopped working -- the xbox acts like I've disconnected the controller, but the controller light remains lit, and I have to actually remove the batteries to "reboot" it.

Not really looking forward to being without one for a couple weeks while it makes its way to and from MS -- would be nice if they let people do the same as consoles and get the replacement before sending in the broken part. :/

MarkusRJR

I have no real need for a headset (since one comes included), but are you able to use the headset adapter to listen to game audio? I've been playing Rayman Legends late at night and it's probably be better if I could play in bed with my TV's audio off. It's one of the features I really miss from my short experience with the PS4.

Or is the headset adapter merely for multiplayer?

Shylock

I have no real need for a headset (since one comes included), but are you able to use the headset adapter to listen to game audio? I've been playing Rayman Legends late at night and it's probably be better if I could play in bed with my TV's audio off. It's one of the features I really miss from my short experience with the PS4.

Or is the headset adapter merely for multiplayer?

It's all audio, apps included.

dlynch343

Banned
I cant seem to get my mic fixed, my friends say i sound like a robot. I can turn down party chat and stuff, and as i use optical i dont use it for game sound. Im using the tritton pro + headset, any ideas?

Hobiologe

I have the Astro A50 and the voice chat is horrible. Scratchy voice, far away from clear. My friend who uses the A50 as well has the same problem.

The stereo headset adapter was a nice try, but a big fail. I doubt these issues can be fixed via software update.

mbmonk

I wish MS gave users a way to test their mic at the OS level. I currently have no idea how I sound to others when I talk. I am trying to choose between using Kinect or a cellphone mic for party chat. I have no way, except to run tests with my friends, to find out which is better.

Just give us a quick local test at the OS level MS. Please and Thank you. ;)

I wish MS gave users a way to test their mic at the OS level. I currently have no idea how I sound to others when I talk. I am trying to choose between using Kinect or a cellphone mic for party chat. I have no way, except to run tests with my friends, to find out which is better.

Just give us a quick local test at the OS level MS. Please and Thank you. ;)
Call a dummy account through Skype?

Cynn

This update has added cracklings to the sound.

Yeah there's definitely cracking and pops in the overall output of sound now via the adapter. I could hear it with my Turtle Beach headset, PS Vita Earbuds and the new official Xbox One headphones as of tonight.

Didn't they say they were aware of this? I can't find mention of it now.

Redshirt

Banned
The Skype echo test lets you hear what you sound like using a particular mic, including Kinect.

Keep in mind that it won't reveal the problems with the Polk 4Shot mic, for instance, because that has something to do with mixing of game and chat audio.

eek5

I have the Astro A50 and the voice chat is horrible. Scratchy voice, far away from clear. My friend who uses the A50 as well has the same problem.

The stereo headset adapter was a nice try, but a big fail. I doubt these issues can be fixed via software update.

I think Astro said they are releasing a firmware update for the A50 soon that will address this issue.

Daffy Duck

So lucky that it appears my a40's are working great with the adaptor.

Was worried it wouldn't work after reading the support forums. Now I just need to find a decent balance between game audio and chat audio.

I went through this process to get it working.

1) plugged my Titanfall controller in and updated the firmware.
2) power cycled console to get rid of any crackling
3) turned on the console with the pad still connected and the chat adaptor connected, this prompted another controller update.

After this I joined a party and they could hear me fine.

My one is connected to a mixamp via optical out.

digging up an old thread, but just got the stereo headphone set. the audio is pretty good and clear but just don't find them comfortable on the top of my head.

is there a consensus on a good pair of IEM or earbuds, keeping in mind having a mic isn't a must have, mainly want decent audio without breaking the bank. apple earpods are ok, but find they lack bass.

Hoo-doo

Banned
digging up an old thread, but just got the stereo headphone set. the audio is pretty good and clear but just don't find them comfortable on the top of my head.

is there a consensus on a good pair of IEM or earbuds, keeping in mind having a mic isn't a must have, mainly want decent audio without breaking the bank. apple earpods are ok, but find they lack bass.

Cheapest pair of in-ear Sennheisers will be a HUGE improvement over any apple earbuds.
You can get them mic'd as well.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I bought the adapter, and looks like it doesn't work anymore. Every time I plug in, the orange light on mute starts flashing. It suddenly happened. Not sure what caused it since I barely use it. You guys think they have accessory warranty? If I go to MS store they might do something about it?

m23

I bought the adapter, and looks like it doesn't work anymore. Every time I plug in, the orange light on mute starts flashing. It suddenly happened. Not sure what caused it since I barely use it. You guys think they have accessory warranty? If I go to MS store they might do something about it?

When did you buy it? Might as well call them and ask.

Top Bottom