• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another major winter storm begins Monday across midwest and northeast. AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I teach at a college so when we get a snow day I get a day off... Good deal but now we've had so many snow days I feel like I'm getting so far behind on the material. Never thought I'd become that teacher.

Shoveling snow is free cardio/conditioning. Great supplement to weight training. I love this. Bring it on winter, Central Illinois is still ready to take your shit.

DrMcNulty

I actually love it! It's been an awesome season for winter sports here in Wisconsin. Skiing, snow-shoeing, snowmobiling has been fantastic. Keep it coming!

Lamel

Banned
Really selfish, and naive point of view.

Screw the elderly who can't go out and shovel their driveways, and don't have younger relatives to do it for them. Screw the emergency services that have hard times getting down streets that are clogged with parked cars that can't be moved, and giant amounts of snow, since there's been no break to let older quantities melt. Screw everyone else cause you love snow and the more the better!

Storms like this pressed so together are not the norm, and screw over more than just the folks who have to get to work. There's a lot of people and things effected by back to back to back to back storms like this and no it's not a minor inconvenience or a small thing. Don't think of any one else though, you love the snow!

It's not really selfish, he isn't making it snow on a whim. I get what you're saying, but still.

kick51

Banned
I actually love it! It's been an awesome season for winter sports here in Wisconsin. Skiing, snow-shoeing, snowmobiling has been fantastic. Keep it coming!

me too, but more as an excuse to not do anything or go anywhere. and that feeling of being warm and cozy inside while it's snowing and cold. working from home helps this too or else i'd be complaining just as much.

Went out and shoveled a bit an hour an a half ago during a break in the weather. There's a layer of ice pellets beneath the actual snow that makes shoveling very difficult.

Sigh

friday

Looks like the storm will be mild in NYC. Best part is seeing the 40+ highs the rest of the week. Shit is gonna feel like spring after the constant below freezing temps.

Mully

Looks like the storm will be mild in NYC. Best part is seeing the 40+ highs the rest of the week. Shit is gonna feel like spring after the constant below freezing temps.

Only for a week. We'll be back to freezing temperatures or lower until the middle of March most likely. It's way too far out right now, but we could also see some snow again at the end of February.

zulfate

good luck fellow gaffers, i cant believe whats happening. i am sitting here burning up and sweating in California :( i wish nature would offload some of that cold over here.

Mully

Also, right now this looks like it's not going to be a major snow event. Probably a 2-4". Some models like the RGEM say heavy snow, but the GFS doesn't look too enthused about this storm.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_8.png

meadowrag

Banned
I wish the storm was coming here.
Waking up in the mornings, jumping on twitter and reading all the posts about whether the president is gonna close the university or not is enthralling.

Equally amusing is the hilarious bitching that happens when he inevitably doesn't.

SeanR1221

Shoveling snow is free cardio/conditioning. Great supplement to weight training. I love this. Bring it on winter, Central Illinois is still ready to take your shit.

Two teens asked to shovel my driveway and I told them to stop trying to steal my gainz

Nesotenso

does the national weather service website or any other site have a resource which lets you see and compare all the precipitation totals in different parts of the country? something laid out on a map?

Kevin

When I got home from work today you could barely see two feet in front of you. Winds so high that the car was rocking back and fourth on the trip home. Yup another night in Erie. :/

If we ever had the ability to trade weather conditions, I would gladly give my sunny California weather for your winter storm. Whenever you guys have a winter storm, it's another week of sun in California. I want more rain, damn it! = (

Chococat

Bullshit. Ended our vacation early on Sunday because the forecast called for the Detroit area to get the "Heaviest" snowfall starting Monday afternoon. Shit didn't start until 8PM and woke up to 3". That fucking nothing for a Michigan native. Stop over hyping the danger of a typical snowfall The Weather Channel.

GRRRRRR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom