• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody on GAF a heroin user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Nope, my dad is a heroin addict though.
I remember seeing him shoot up in front of me when I used to stay at his when I was about 11. He was so fucked up he thought he was hiding it..

I didn't know what it was at the time so I just told my mum I thought something was off and it eventually all came out. This went on for a year or so.

Is this you, OP?

Cy7RetA.jpg

This never ceases to amuse me.

Used to go to raves and big events to people who did do it. Nice guys too, but fuck me they were a bit mental. Plus I was told that they stole now and then. It was a bit weird being in a minibus on the way with half of us doing heroin and the other half just drinking with a few disco biscuits.

Shot up with it once, and it was so wonderful and perfect, I knew I could absolutely get hooked on it, so never touched the stuff again.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Do a search on /r/bestof for 'heroin'. It turns up lots of interesting stuff - http://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/search?q=heroin&restrict_sr=on

I thought this comment was particularly interesting - http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...t_been_clean_now_for_4_months/c5evmhs#c5evmhs

I realised part-way through that I'd read that comment before:

Instead of being sad or grumpy or depressed with his job... he is just... happy. Mellow. Content. Everything is fine and the world is beautiful. It's raining, it's dark, I woke up at 5:30AM, I'm commuting in traffic. I would have had a headache, I would have been miserable, I would have wondered how my life took me to this point. This point I'm at right now. But no, no, everything is fine. Life is beautiful. The rain drops are just falling and in each one I see the reflection of every persons life around me. Humanity is beautiful. In this still frame shot of traffic on this crowded bus I just found love and peace.

No word of a lie this is how I feel normally. I don't drink or do drugs.

No word of a lie this is how I feel normally. I don't drink or do drugs.

I don't really either, but I've often wondered how somebody goes about starting. As an outsider I find the thought of the logistics involved fascinating.

I mean say I woke up tomorrow and thought "fuck it, I'm getting some heroin". What then? Do you go out to a nightclub and look for somebody wearing a pink suit? I could understand if you had friends into the scene they could probably hook you up. But otherwise what do people do? Is there like a social network or something?

My freshman year of college I roomed with a girl who hanged out with this "ex" cocaine junkie. I never went with them but I'm pretty sure my roommate (she transferred after only a semester and I haven't talked to her in going on three years now) smoked with her. She was pretty fucking unstable. It was really uncomfortable for me to live around.

Touch

I had a girlfriend that was a heroin user. She wasn't as bad as what you see on TV or whatever but she had her moments. Pretty sad breakup. Even though she was a cheating whore.

Treo360

My step son is addicted to it for the last 4 years, stole over 15k worth in jewelry and items in the home alone. When his mother and I got together he was already convicted felon at 19 and was put on probation for 5 years. He swore up and down that he was clean after having sat in jail for over 3 months. Convinced his mother to let him come home after jail to complete probation, I knew better, but hey, it's not my flesh and blood, so she let him in anyways. 4 days after being released he was on smack again. He stole another $500 or so worth in items around the house. His mother finally listened to me and threw him out. Lucky for him, the winter of '11 wasn't to bad here in Jersey, and he "enjoyed" mild weather into the 70's for a stretch in December.

We got him into a rehab, where he stayed all of 1 week, and got kicked out for stealing. We convinced the rehab to take him back, and he gets kicked out again for bragging about his drug use. We sent him to his good for nothing father, where he stays for 2 weeks and steals from him, and goes missing for hours at a time. Gets kicked out there, and convinces his mother to take him back, We nearly split up, because I know his game, more of the same shit happens, gets kicked out again, we take him to a homeless shelter where he stays for about a month. Gets kicked out again.

Did I mention that he was on Probation?

Yeah the state of NJ lets this man get away with so much shit that my beard goes from a dark black to white in some patches. I'm convinced it's because he's white.

Finally he's placed in drug court where he fails to provide piss samples, he's kicked out, again, from a 3/4 way house for violating house rules, his punishment? 3 months in jail until they can find him a treatment facility where he has now completed it and not sits in a 1/2 house.

His mother has since invited him over for thanksgiving dinner, despite me despising what he has done.

Fuck heroin, and fuck him.

/rant

jakncoke

Banned
My step son is addicted to it for the last 4 years, stole over 15k worth in jewelry and items in the home alone. When his mother and I got together he was already convicted felon at 19 and was put on probation for 5 years. He swore up and down that he was clean after having sat in jail for over 3 months. Convinced his mother to let him come home after jail to complete probation, I knew better, but hey, it's not my flesh and blood, so she let him in anyways. 4 days after being released he was on smack again. He stole another $500 or so worth in items around the house. His mother finally listened to me and threw him out. Lucky for him, the winter of '11 wasn't to bad here in Jersey, and he "enjoyed" mild weather into the 70's for a stretch in December.

We got him into a rehab, where he stayed all of 1 week, and got kicked out for stealing. We convinced the rehab to take him back, and he gets kicked out again for bragging about his drug use. We sent him to his good for nothing father, where he stays for 2 weeks and steals from him, and goes missing for hours at a time. Gets kicked out there, and convinces his mother to take him back, We nearly split up, because I know his game, more of the same shit happens, gets kicked out again, we take him to a homeless shelter where he stays for about a month. Gets kicked out again.

Did I mention that he was on Probation?

Yeah the state of NJ lets this man get away with so much shit that my beard goes from a dark black to white in some patches. I'm convinced it's because he's white.

Finally he's placed in drug court where he fails to provide piss samples, he's kicked out, again, from a 3/4 way house for violating house rules, his punishment? 3 months in jail until they can find him a treatment facility where he has now completed it and not sits in a 1/2 house.

His mother has since invited him over for thanksgiving dinner, despite me despising what he has done.

Fuck heroin, and fuck him.

/rant

Yeah my aunt ex bf whom she dated for like a decade would steal my cousins shit and sell it to buy pills, so he could sell the pills to fund his heroin. Also stole my one cousins recruitment bonus to the national guards. Heroin is a terrible drug and makes people do awful things to support the habit. Her bf was blacklisted from getting painkillsers in all the hospitals in a 3 hour radius because he'd do shit to get painkillers

Shadybiz

Never used it myself. But, a friend of mine used to live in a house that was split into a few apartment units. One night, the whole house threw a party, which I was invited to. I got there really late because I had to work; pretty much everyone had gone to bed already.

I went to the common area to get a beer. Saw two guys in there who I knew were heroin users (my friend had told me this before). I saw them kinda talking to each other quietly in a corner, and I saw that one of them had a gun. They then left the room.

I knew better than to ask any questions, because I wasn't friends with these guys.

The next day, I learned that they held up a grocery store. Their plan was to get there late at night, while the place was still open, and rob the place before the armored car got there to pick up the deposit (so they could then buy a bunch of heroin, I suppose).

Well, the armored car had already came, but they decided to go through with it anyway. It turned out that these idiots forgot to wear ski masks, so they were identified easily from the security cameras. Picked up the next morning at the house.

Morons.

Forbin5

Banned
My fried OD'd last year on the shit.
It's a pretty lame drug, people just sit there too high to play video games.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've done it a couple times and have no real urge to do it again, but it was pretty cool.

Will stick to doing poppy seed tea or cough syrup a few times a year :p

vikki

Yeah, I've never followed the train of thought that if you smoke weed, you're bound to end up shooting heroin sooner or later.

Um no, really not.

A girl I worked with, who is a recovered heroin addict, said she never liked other drugs. She barely smoked weed and really didn't like coke before she started doing heroin.

On the other end of the spectrum, a friend that I grew up with died last year due to a heroin OD. He started smoking weed at 13 and progressed through his teens into his twenties trying anything. I remember him being a total cokehead about 6 years ago. The past couple years he spent in and out of rehab. Then he OD'd.

I don't think there is any set path to doing heroin though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually more interested in knowing if there are 'functional' heroin users.

Like, have a 9 to 5 job and shoot up occasionally and have done for years.
You always hear the 'I sold my kid for smack' stories, but I wonder if those are the bottom of the barrel. same with crystal meth, apparently you'll kill babies if you smoke it, but I smoked it like 10 times 10 years back, didn't think much of it, wasn't impressed with the buzz and just carried on with my life.

Wait, are people getting banned from this thread?

Anyway, something must be really going badly in life if you're resorting to heroin rather than just the more casual drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom